Toy Story 4

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sorrow » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:19 am

I almost said it would appear to be a compliment, given the content of the link I posted describing a "Bonger", but I didn't want to make it sound as though I agree. Surely my sarcasm and passive aggressiveness would have been more likely if Tankred did have a history of believing in such, or at least appearing to, and not the opposite.

View Original PostXard wrote:As for britbong it's chan terminology for british people used on imageboards and reddit, sort of like americans are amerifats or americlaps. I guess Tank overestimated commoness of the term considering how far and large net slang from 4chan tends to travel.
Again, I'm afraid I've never heard of "Amerifats" or "Americlaps". I'm sure Tankred didn't overestimate, I'm just not in the habit of frequenting chat boards or online communities, and I'm still rather surprised I've been here so devotedly. Though I am surprised at the lack of information regarding this slang, when such things are usually a click away.
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:31 am

Well: Urban Dictionary has only one entry for Britbong (describing it as an insult), and several for Bonger, none of which makes any link to Britbong - so I think we can be excused for not knowing about it.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sorrow » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:50 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:My thoroughly British children had three of the four items posted, as indeed did I
How horrifying it must have been to own one of the Mr. Potato Heads that were around in times of your youth, Mr. Hodges. Perhaps you only owned the features that you would stab into real potatoes?
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:01 pm

In my dotage I had forgotten that now no real potatoes are harmed by this toy... No more cruelty to potatoes!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:43 pm

View Original PostAlaska Slim wrote:Everyone had a Mr. Potatohead, green plastic soldiers, monkeys in a barrel, and an etch-a-sketch, or they didn't have a childhood.

Looks like my childhood was complete, then! ^_^ Damn that etch-a-sketch and its dastardly ways!

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:58 pm

I didn't have those things. I did, however, have a Magna Doodle, which I will tell you is INFINITELY better than an Etch-a-sketch.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:13 pm

My grandparents kept one of them at their apartment for when I would come and visit. I remember it being wonderful.

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:14 pm

I actually have a gallery of Magna Doodle art on my DA account, and I'm even in charge of a group there dedicated to it.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Return to “Film and Video”