Official Eva Geeks Convention Events

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:18 pm

View Original PostCrazy Packers Fan wrote:..."it's impossible to get panels in cons on a national level like Ohayocon."

"National level" is a bunch of nonsense. There are events. Some are larger than others.

It doesn't make sense. Why are large cons "national", and small cons are "regional", even though they are fundamentally the same? The only difference is size. There are fan-run, and industry-run cons. Anime Expo is about the only industry-run anime con.

View Original Postsupershinjiasukashipper wrote:Oh, BTW TEM, What do you have planned for the next otakon? Any spoilers?

Panels hasn't even opened. So not likely. An Evangelion panel is well within the realm of possibilities, but it won't be tentative or official for a while.

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:51 pm

Keep me updated, I don't want to miss this one like I did last year with my misunderstanding of the scheduled. First otakon threw me off.
Interesting Quote:
ANTA just went full BAKA - Tines-sans reaction to my MS paint thread fail.
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/
Forgive my spelling errors, my keyboard acts quite weird weird.

Crazy Packers Fan
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Crazy Packers Fan » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:09 am

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:"National level" is a bunch of nonsense. There are events. Some are larger than others.

Much agreed, and if you go to the Ohio conventions, you'll notice that the same cast of characters seem to go to Ohayocon, Colossalcon and Matsuricon. There's nothing national about it.

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:24 pm

Didn't know you lived in Ohio, Monkey.
Last edited by Clover on Sat May 02, 2015 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:42 pm

View Original PostClover wrote:Didn't know you lived in Ohio, Monkey.

I don't. Nor does Drinian. That doesn't mean, however, that we can't hop in a car and drive to Ohio for a weekend of fun.

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:55 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:I don't. Nor does Drinian. That doesn't mean, however, that we can't hop in a car and drive to Ohio for a weekend of fun.

What a waste of gas. Oh well.

Crazy Packers Fan
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Crazy Packers Fan » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:36 pm

The Eva panels that The Eva Monkey ran were just awesome, I mean they were run perfectly as panels. (I'm assuming Drinian was the one helping, I forgot to ask for his username.) Completely entertaining, but at the same time so informative. I simply did not expect they would be that good - there's a clear difference between those panels and the average fan-run panel.

It's too bad the Evangelion Omake Box panel got so few people to show up, especially considering what great material was in that panel. I kind of liked getting a good seat, though. I can't wait to hear the Hellstorm Evangelion audiobooks!

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:50 pm

Heh, I guess I was "helping." Thanks, and we were surprised how fast the Omake hour ran out.

I've posted a short Ohayocon 2011 report on my new blog: http://drinian.org/blog/8/ohayocon-2011-convention-report-in-3d

There's Panty & Stocking cosplay, in 3D, even.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:18 pm

Join me for Anime Boston, April 22-24 in Boston, MA.

http://www.animeboston.com/

I will be hosting the following panel:

Evangelion Is Serious Business (Friday, 9-10 pm in Panel 2)

Schedule Information is subject to change.

Private Message me if you plan to attend the convention and would like to meet up.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:38 am

Join me for Tekkoshocon, March 31 - April 3 2011 in Pittsburgh, PA.

http://www.tekkoshocon.org/

I will be hosting the following panels:

Evangelion, WTF? (18+)
Evangelion Is Serious Business
A Brief History of Gainax

Schedule Information is forthcoming.

Private Message me if you plan to attend the convention and would like to meet up.

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:24 pm

By the way, the Tekkoshocon panel schedule is out.

http://tekkoshocon.com/index.php/Panels.html

Evangelion is Serious Business: Friday night, 1:00 AM (i.e. Saturday morning), Panel 2
A Brief History of Gainax: Saturday evening, 5:30 PM, Panel 4
Evangelion, WTF? (18+): Saturday night, 12:00 AM (i.e. Sunday morning), Panel 4

I will be presenting A Brief History of Gainax along with Eva Monkey; this will be my first time actually contributing original work to a panel. Hope to see you there.
[Became an administrator on July 1st, 2006.]

Travosaga
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Travosaga » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:04 pm

Will you guys be doing anything for Otakon this year?
Know thyself.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:18 am

View Original PostTravosaga wrote:Will you guys be doing anything for Otakon this year?

I'll be staffing, per usual, as for panels, I've had one every year, but Otakon is awfully competitive, so there's never a guarantee. The submission window is still open, so panels won't get confirmations for another month or two.

Crazy Packers Fan
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Crazy Packers Fan » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:10 pm

I'm such a bad member of this forum, you had 3 panels and I failed to go to all three. I have minor excuses, like everyone going to bed in my room before I could get out for the 1 am Friday panel, or me inexplicably falling asleep while tweeting Saturday afternoon, or my migraine Saturday night. But those are poor excuses, and I apologize. I feel so bad for not supporting you.

At any rate, getting to hang out with you on Friday was the best time I had all throughout the con. I've pretty much confirmed those Rei and Asuka plushies I bought are from Eva @ School since I saw very similar figures marked with Eva @ School. One day maybe you and Reichu will be at a con together that I go to, and it'll be the next best thing to meeting Anno.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:23 am

View Original PostCrazy Packers Fan wrote:...inexplicably falling asleep while tweeting Saturday afternoon...

Evangelion Panels > Twitter

But seriously though, it's all good. Don't feel bad because you weren't there to support it, feel bad that you missed a good time. But even so, there will always be other panels. I might not return to Ohayocon, but I will continue to support Tekko, and of course Otakon is my mainstay, so there should be other opportunities to dork out.

View Original PostCrazy Packers Fan wrote:One day maybe you and Reichu will be at a con together that I go to, and it'll be the next best thing to meeting Anno.

Sir, you do us too much justice. But I will make an earnest attempt to get Rachel to come down to Otakon. I'm currently planning to take it easy this year and just do the basic requirements for staffing, so I can actually enjoy the convention for a change. So I should have more time to socialize and host/watch panels, rather than working them, and herding people around.

Crazy Packers Fan
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Crazy Packers Fan » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:54 am

I forgot to ask, did that V character ever show up at the convention and confront you? If so, I really missed out on all the fun.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:25 am

View Original PostCrazy Packers Fan wrote:I forgot to ask, did that V character ever show up at the convention and confront you? If so, I really missed out on all the fun.

No, he doesn't go to Tekko. Although one of his "men" does. He wasn't able to make the event due to family obligations.

It looks like Rudolph however will be at Anime Boston. That should be interesting. No doubt he'll cross my path, though I will be avoiding him as much as possible. That's an exchange that should probably just never happen.

Crazy Packers Fan
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Crazy Packers Fan » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:14 am

I was looking through the Anime Boston schedule and I saw a description of this one panel on Rei Ayanami, and sure enough, he's running it. Maybe he'll use information stolen from this site's wiki on her.

Oh, and stay away from the yaoi-loving voice actor with odd-colored hair. He doesn't take criticism easily.

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:37 am

View Original PostCrazy Packers Fan wrote:Maybe he'll use information stolen from this site's wiki on her.

I certainly wouldn't mind his using information from the wiki -- so long as he obeys the Creative Commons license and provides credit...
[Became an administrator on July 1st, 2006.]

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:05 pm

View Original PostCrazy Packers Fan wrote:I was looking through the Anime Boston schedule and I saw a description of this one panel on Rei Ayanami.

Rudolph has another panel? Joy.

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”