You think there's never going to be Asuka/Shinji ?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:13 am

View Original PostNaminator wrote:Yea I actually looked at that myself and wondered WTH is going to happen. I hope he increases the number of Angels or maybe add some non angel enemies like that giant robot with the nuclear power core(or something) ohhh and of course te mass production Evas.

..why? There's so much stuff he's going to need to find a way to fit in there, already, just to resolve all the character arcs and other plot threads, even without any angel battles.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:28 am

View Original PostNaminator wrote:Well I think I was wrong about the hair, but I'm fairly certain that it was pirate Asuka standing on a ship and on higher ground(the camera angle).

Her hair actually is blowing, but there's no indication whatever that she's on a boat. The camera angle in that cut is odd, to say the least; she's apparently standing up or at least raising her head, but we see no indication of the background except for a blue sky with fluffy white clouds - if I had to pick one other cut in the preview to link it to, it wouldn't be the shot of the ship but the one of Gendou and Fuyutsuki on pilgrimage - same sort of background, blowing hair. (Which is to say that I don't think it's linked to any other shot in the preview, if it even appears in the same form in Q proper - which is not a given).

View Original PostNaminator wrote:And it reminds me a LOT of the first time we were introduced to Asuka in the original series.

Eh. I don't really see it. No yellow dress, no sun backing her, and an expression unlike anything that Soryu ever showed...it seems to me like a pretty stock anime "a challenger appears" cut.

On an entirely unrelated note that I thought of while watching and rewatching the Q preview for this post, why is it that Gendou (in the movie itself) refers to Eva Mark 06 as Maaku Shikusu and Misato (in the previews in 1.11 and 2.22) calls it Eva Rokugouki?
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:38 am

Because Gendo didn't want to stumble over his words and end up saying "Rokubungi" instead. That would've been so embarrassing.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:51 am

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:Because Gendo didn't want to stumble over his words and end up saying "Rokubungi" instead. That would've been so embarrassing.

Ha.

I actually just now realized that the "roku" in "Rokubungi" actually does mean "six". Derp.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”