Terminal Dogma 111-333: Edit of Evangelion (a film trilogy)

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

DA'AT
Embryo

Terminal Dogma 111-333: Edit of Evangelion (a film trilogy)

•      
  •      

Postby DA'AT » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:47 pm

Recently finished a 3-film structure fan edit of the Rebuilds 1 & 2 & End of Evangelion. Overall being a bigger fan of the original series but finding the animation quality and coloring of the Rebuild films astounding, I decided to use Rebuilds 1 & 2 for the first two films in my series with some judicial cuts to keep better consistency with the 3rd/final film. The 3rd film uses footage from four of the Platinum Release Directors Cut episodes as well as End of Evangelion to better help film 2 (re-titled Terminal Dogma 222) swan dive into the 3rd (Terminal Dogma 333). Of course in my version Shinji doesn't create second impact in the 2nd Rebuild film, he merely saves Rei and destroys the core of the 10th angel (with the help of quicker cuts and some OST re-scoring). The edits are completed.

DA'AT
Embryo

Re: Terminal Dogma 111-333: Edit of Evangelion (a film trilogy)

•      
  •      

Postby DA'AT » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:57 am

also Mari's song has been cut (in 222) as well as some humor sequences in 111 and 222. very few trims for 333, only the live action sequence, but many additions to 333 from the DC eps of the series.

BusterMachine4
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby BusterMachine4 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:16 am

Sounds interesting. Could you be more specific about some of the changes you made? I'd normally think it would be impossible to reconcile the differences between the Rebuilds and the original show, but I'm interested in hearing how you did it.

DA'AT
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby DA'AT » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:00 pm

View Original PostBusterMachine4#898793 wrote:Sounds interesting. Could you be more specific about some of the changes you made? I'd normally think it would be impossible to reconcile the differences between the Rebuilds and the original show, but I'm interested in hearing how you did it.

can do, Buster, I'm glad you asked

111:
- cut the sequence that begins with Misato swigging beers and some of Shinji's reactions to her lifestyle which takes place after Shinji has been brought to live with her

222:
-cut Mari's song and some of her dialogue while persuing the fist angel that appears in the second film
-move Rei pulling a knife out in her home early to imply later on that she's a cutter (rather than attempting to get good at cooking)
-cut school scene when Shinji asks about Rei's finger cuts (her cuts are only revealed in the elevator scene w/ Asuka)
-cut the first, more whimsical portion of the Aquarium scene, leaving the more serious character and world-building-relevant moments
-heavily cut and re-scored (with same song) the final "saving Rei" scene against Zeruel, omitting 3rd impact-relevant dialogue from onlooking characters, and making the event seem just as grandiose but resulting in the breaking of the angel's core, and saving Rei without any implicit commentary (surprising things happen regularly involving Shinji and Unit 01, so this is merely one of those anomalous reality-breaking moment
-smash to white w/ "to be continued" text after Rei and Shinji embrace (song fades out)

333:
cuts:
-the scene before Shinji enters the hospital to visit Asuka (for pacing)
-the live action sequence (never liked it, dialogue feels unnecessary)

additions:
-opens with Rei's new, blue Unit 00 procuring the spear of longinus from lilith and using it on the the angel (scene is recut to follow Unit 00 the entire time except for some commentary between Fuyutsuki and Gendo w/out mention of Unit 02)
-after lance is seen floating in dead space, Kaji tries to leave Misato a message on a payphone
-Misato is informed of Kaji's betrayals
-Fuyutsuki is interrogated by Seele then freed by Kaji
-Ritsuko is interrogated by Seele
-Misato (and Shinji) learns of Kaji's death
-Shinji meets Kawuro (most of this episode is retained)
-EoE scenes begin with Shinji visiting Asuka in the hospital (she's recovering from the events of 222, Shinj feels responsible for this ofc)

*keep in mind these cuts cater to personal tastes,
generally not a fan of Evangelion's scenes of levity unless they are plot relevant.

BusterMachine4
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby BusterMachine4 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:24 pm

Sounds interesting, (except for cutting Misato's beergasm, that's the best part of the entire show :wink: ) I'll be sending you a PM.

DA'AT
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby DA'AT » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:25 pm

sure thing. and srry about that, I could've kept it, I don't strongly dislike it or anything.

my hope is that it's merely a watchable/enjoyable alternative (with no intentions of replacing its sources) manages to bring the rebuilds out of the inherent shallow (but awesome) spectacle they are by way of the depth and backstories injected into Terminal Dogma 333 (which does all the heavier lifting in its 2hr8min runtime) :)))

Ambiant23
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Ambiant23 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:11 am

Yeah def keep us updated

Return to “Fan Works”