Sports

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:20 pm

View Original PostTankred wrote:It involves using the foot to kick a ball? Yeah it's football, that other thing? That's handegg.

I always thought it was closer to rugby, the only difference being that rugby uses no pads.
Last edited by bobbyfischer's ghost on Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:34 pm

I think you mean divegrass. Also, the rugby comparison, I never really got. I've watched both sports and if they tried the same things they did in American football with no pads they'd be dead.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Panan
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Panan » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:40 pm

Only sportsy things I do are walk to school and whatever happens in gym. We recently did a thing on volleyball. It was fun, but all the guys were pretty much leaving me out of their teams and that discouraged me pretty bad.
I'll put something here later.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:02 pm

View Original PostZapX wrote:Also, the rugby comparison, I never really got.

When I first saw American football I also thought rugby. In fact I still think both bear a lot of similarities.
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:50 am

Running, mostly.
I used to play football and was captain of the girls basketball team back in highschool, glory days damn.

Anyways, is anybody here watching football (soccer as US call it) so I could open a thread for the upcoming EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga and such? Or would it be me just talking to myself?
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:09 pm

I think that would just end with the two of us talking :hahaha:

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby caragnafog dog » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:39 pm

View Original PostRipple_in_Eternity wrote:I'm not built for sports; I'm 6 foot 2 and 140 pounds.
Used to be in this boat myself, I'm 6'2 and weighed 140 lbs as recently as my sophomore year of high school. I practiced with the wrestling team my sophomore year (probably the most physically taxing 4 months of my life) and actually ended up gaining 10 pounds, from there I started doing some lifting and I weigh about 170 now. I'm still skinny and I don't work out as much as I should, but getting yourself out of twigmode is definitely doable.

As far as other exercise goes I primarily run middle distance and play basketball with friends.
On 11/10/14, at 8:43 PM, Merrimerri wrote:
fhycjubg beat tge sgut iyt if gun
On 6/2/15, at 10:14 PM, Delispin wrote:
> Wow. I've disgusted even myself.

https://qnuw.wordpress.com/ The hottest new meme, revived in blog form. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw.

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:32 pm

View Original Postthe_seventh_child wrote:Anyways, is anybody here watching football (soccer as US call it) so I could open a thread for the upcoming EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga and such? Or would it be me just talking to myself?

I'm not into sports much but I can appreciate football, where I live it's almost mandatory for men to like it.

CX1329
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby CX1329 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:07 pm

View Original Postthe_seventh_child wrote:Running, mostly.
I used to play football and was captain of the girls basketball team back in highschool, glory days damn.

Anyways, is anybody here watching football (soccer as US call it) so I could open a thread for the upcoming EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga and such? Or would it be me just talking to myself?

I like watching some football every now and then.

I used to play organized basketball back in the day, and I often practice by myself nowadays. Other than basketball, I've trained Muay Thai for over four years.
Sapientiam autem non vincit malitia.

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Sgt. Griff » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:28 am

Gymming and theatresports.
Leave Shinji alone

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:13 am

View Original Postthe_seventh_child wrote:Anyways, is anybody here watching football (soccer as US call it) so I could open a thread for the upcoming EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga and such? Or would it be me just talking to myself?

I did watch the CONCACAF Gold Cup Final last Sunday, between the US and Panama, the whole thing. However don't count me in since soccer is sporadic to get without cable. I believe there is a Premier League match shown on Fox but I haven't been able to catch it late Sunday mornings. I only really got into it in 2010 from following the World Cup and would say it's my 3rd favorite sport behind American football and baseball, but it's the least watched of the 3.

As for current exercise, I use a rebounder in the morning for 5 minutes before breakfast and it used to be 5 more minutes later in the day but that second session has been on hiatus since I started working 12 hour days and I'm now back to 8, so I can resume it again.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Tribblepoo
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Tribblepoo » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:32 pm

As far as physical activity, I walk just about everywhere I go and regularly practice my self-defense techniques (no real martial art, just quick, dirty ways of incapacitating attackers).

For sports, I like playing (American) football when the opportunity rises, as well as swimming and bicycle riding.
"Having sex with extreme gas must be how the Scots came up with the idea for bagpipes."

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:13 pm

CRICKET
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:16 pm

Lifting weights is the best thing ever

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:04 pm

Generally I run around 10km per week (sometimes up to 20km on holidays). I also regularly practice Taekwondo and tennis.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:16 pm

I swim competitively [that's why I got this avatar hint hint]. And in the summer I usually run around 5K every other day and play basketball (just for fun though).

MisatoCrush
Lilith

Fantasy Baseball

•      
  •      

Postby MisatoCrush » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:29 pm

Hello everyone! I noticed that an Off-Topic 'Sports' thread already existed, so I figured no need to open a separate one for my question:

Does anybody want to start a Neon Genesis Evangelion Fantasy Baseball League?
For this upcoming American Major League Baseball Season?

I would create the league using Yahoo sports website.
Only people from this forum could join, it would be password protected.

Everyone's Team names would have to reference NGE somehow.

Any takers?
Last edited by MisatoCrush on Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I watched the Neon Genesis Evangelion TV show and films for the 1st time in January 2014. Heartbreakingly sad but so beautiful too. I'm here to discuss theories about what happened in the show.

heavytread
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby heavytread » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:39 pm

^That sounds lame and interesting at the same time

Ah to hell with it I'll bite
Last edited by heavytread on Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chainsaw Owl
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Chainsaw Owl » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:14 pm

As the only man in town with no real interest in the superbowl or football in general, I will nonetheless be rooting for the Seahawks out of spite. I've grown weary of everyone I know talking about Peyton Manning.
Last edited by Chainsaw Owl on Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Set phasers to thrill.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:33 pm

I was gonna watch the Superb Owl, then I saw that Harry Potter was on ABC Family. Choice seemed obvious to me. :lol:
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”