Who is the cutest Evangelion character?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:19 am

Yui. I understand all of Gendo's motivation simply because of Yui's adorable face.

I guess this makes Rei the second cutest by default.

Then Maya...

Then Asuka...

Then drunk Misato...

Then Pen Pen.

Radgers
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Radgers » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:23 am

View Original PostMorpheus... khem, jaegar70 wrote:What if I told you it was Rei?

I'd say that apart from the fact that she triggered the event that almost killed the entire humanity she possesses quite a substantial amount of cuteness :P I like Rei nonetheless. Still, IMHO the cutest character possible is Hikari. Why? Although at first her attitude as a class rep can be described as a bit... hm, rigid and strict, we soon after learn that she's likeable and one of the few characters without as traumatic background as the majority of other characters. Her infatuation (or even love, if you prefer) with Toji and problems admitting it grants her with even more cuteness.
Nine million terrorists in the world and I gotta kill one with feet smaller than my sister. - words of wisdom from John McClane.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:22 pm

That's a toughie.

I'd probably go for Shinji, Kaworu, or Rei. Probably Shinji though. He's adorable.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:52 pm

What about a threesome of LSRK? That would blow your mind, I'm sure. ;)

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:56 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:What about a threesome of LSRK? That would blow your mind, I'm sure. ;)

OK, I assume that S is Shinji, R is Rei and K is Kaworu...but who's L?

But yes, I would most definitely be up for that. Celery for everyone!
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:58 pm

"LXX" simply means, "Love WxY". "LAK" and "LAS" are, respectively, Love AsukaxKaworu and Love AsukaxShinji.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:59 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:"LXX" simply means, "Love WxY". "LAK" and "LAS" are, respectively, Love AsukaxKaworu and Love AsukaxShinji.

Ah, that makes sense.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:30 pm

View Original PostBC Baron wrote:If we're talking about Touji's little sister who was glimpsed briefly in one frame of 2.22, then sure, I can see where you're coming from.

The version from 3.33, however; not so much.

You sir have made a very un-powerful and weak enemy in myself, have at you! :duel:

Srlsy the brunettes of Eva are by far the cutest. (Sakura, Yui, Hikari, Maya.......Shinji)
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:27 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:What about a threesome of LSRK? That would blow your mind, I'm sure. ;)

*nodnod*

Also, I must agree with the previous poster than anyone who dizzes the Sakura makes enemies. Me Too.

You know, how I once said haters of pre-timeskip Misato confound me? Forget them. How can anyone hate Sakura? Isn't it her only purpose in the plot to treat the protagonist with saintly kindness?
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:49 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:*nodnod*

Also, I must agree with the previous poster than anyone who dizzes the Sakura makes enemies. Me Too.

You know, how I once said haters of pre-timeskip Misato confound me? Forget them. How can anyone hate Sakura? Isn't it her only purpose in the plot to treat the protagonist with saintly kindness?

Agreed. Sakura was 1 of only 2 uplifting things in 3.0 (the other, of course, being Kaworu). How anyone can dislike her I do not know.

Still, she isn't quite up to Hikari levels of cuteness. Those freckles...
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:53 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:*nodnod*

Really don't know, some people are just grumps i suppose. Hell, the French 3.0 has Shinji tell Sakura to go f@#k herself according to El Mariachi, and while I get telling off Misato, cursing the one person nice to you, that's just plain mean.... and funny tbh.

^post above me: PFFFT Freckles smeckles, team Sakura all the way. :lol:
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:01 pm

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:Shinji tell Sakura to go f@#k herself according to El Mariachi

Angry French *sigh* That probably used to be his "Enough with all of this!" [since Rei is right here] line....

I mean, even with Misato, he doesn't go any more into the potty mouth direction than "liar"...

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:08 pm

This really makes me wonder if the funimation dub will insert a few curse words here and there like they have in the previous two films.

Although, if a precision F Strike were to happen, I'd kind of expect it to come from Shinji this time around....specifically incorporated into his "What the heck is going on?" like from when Fourth Impact begins.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:50 pm

Shinji's lines should be dubbed in 70's jive, with plain English translation along the bottom like that one scene in Airplane.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:35 am

TOPIC, BITCHES
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:12 am

No... I have to say it's my sweet Asuka-chan...
Cuteness  SPOILER: Show
Whom I've abused so much... :asuka_sad:
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

Collossus
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Collossus » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:32 pm

I was wondering, would Rei and Shinji be even cuter if they cared for their appearance?

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:35 pm

Interestingly enough, I've seen people that I've never thought remotely attractive become pretty stunning with a little care to their appearance. However, Rei and Shinji do seem to follow the laws of hygiene and caring for their clothing, so I'm not sure how much of a difference it would make.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:59 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Interestingly enough, I've seen people that I've never thought remotely attractive become pretty stunning with a little care to their appearance.

Probably related to the fact that Rei has no in-universe fanboys (even though Yui drives all the dudes nuts), or that Shinji only got his fangirls after they found out he was an EVA pilot.

It's not just makeup or facy clothes, it's the change of attitude/more confident behavior these induce in the suspect.

These two are the kind that's pretty, but just falls under the radar.

Then again, since I saw what my face can do with this on it, I never wanted to see it without ever again. Used to boycott makeup before, too. But this stuff won me over. I now wear at least this stuff, concealer, foundation and mascara before leaving the house.
I suspect someone who already looks good au naturel would look even better?

Then again, you don't wanna completely negate Rei's unkept beauty affect.
Being functionally-oriented and not making a fuss about superficial stuff is kinda part of the package/appeal with Rei.

Shinji with, say, an elaborate EMO outfit, and man-parfume, on the other hand, would probably represent a huge improvement, since it would impy that he'd no longer care what ppl say/think about the ugly contents of his head.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:53 pm

No one else has adorable-overload diabetes over Yui?? You guys insult me. I don't even know why I'm on this forum.

*crosses arms and pouts in a corner*

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”