[Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Shinies
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Shinies » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:37 pm

I've been wondering, are you all RAH collectors aware that rubber cracks over time? Or does Medicom uses other material that is more resistant? I wouldn't want my figures with those kind of defects even though they look awesome when you first get them.

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby shaneva002 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:42 am

View Original PostShinies wrote:I've been wondering, are you all RAH collectors aware that rubber cracks over time? Or does Medicom uses other material that is more resistant? I wouldn't want my figures with those kind of defects even though they look awesome when you first get them.

Yes the rubber will crack eventually. I've owned a couple Rahs that used the bendy rubber. Though if you don't bend it a lot or keep the arms bent the rubber should last for awhile. I'd be more concerned about the exo skeleton underneath, 2 of my 3 Rahs have all but crumbled due to the joints turning to dust. I bought the RaH 02(Because its my fav) but once it gets here its going in a neutral postion for the rest of its life lol
Internet elitists suck,ya you know who you are.

Strings
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Strings » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:50 am

I've definitely considered the rubber cracking a major factor when buying from Medicom. I have also read the horror stories of cracked rubber online. But then I've also read from others that their rubber figures have stayed in perfect condition after years of care. With this in mind, I don't give my figures extreme poses as I've read stretching the rubber can stress the material up to the point that it can result in shorter lifespans. I've also looked at the older figures I owned as a child that were made of rubber and they all appear to be fine after about 2 decades of neglect in my closet.

Nothing really lasts forever anyway. ;)

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:55 am

View Original PostStrings wrote:Nothing really lasts forever anyway. ;)

Except Yui in Eva 01 after EoE... She'll be there like, for ever...

In any case, how do you maintain rubber in good shape, crackless and smooth?
Considering new Revos contain at least one part of that, most of us better be prepared...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Strings
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Strings » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:10 am

Don't stretch the rubber; keep rubber joints neutral (or relatively neutral).
Don't use alcohol-based wipes when cleaning them. Damp water clothes are fine.
Keep out of direct sunlight.

I've also read that dehumidifiers can help but I wouldn't know firsthand since that's a bit on the extreme side for me.

Also, I wasn't even aware the Revos had rubber. I was under the impression the figures were all plastic. :bigeyes:

Shinies
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Shinies » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:34 am

Seems like an awful lot of care to own them but I guess it pays of as they seem really nice figures.

Archaiel
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Archaiel » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:17 am

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:Hopefully, and it is worth keeping in mind.

I was looking over Shane's pics of Eva-08α (Stated as also being of the 160mm height) last night and noticed that it was basically to scale with the rest of the Revo Evas pictured. It just looks taller because of [s]it's[/s] its, umm, interesting head design, hehe.

Edit: Grammar.

Yeah, I checked my 08a and i've come to the conclusion that the scale of the heads may be the only real difference. If this is the case then I am fine with the change.
Avatar: Eva Unit 6.66 LCFL (My original design)

Participated in:
2011 - LDC & EvADC

Current Eva Projects:
-Tweaking Eva 6.66
-Weaving a Continuity

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:29 am

Okay, all three threads were merged and then I split off just about everything that's happened this month starting from the first convenient break in the ongoing conversation. I also applied a slight name change (per a request) to indicate this thread is for more than just action figures but rather eva figures of all types.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Gojimatt
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gojimatt » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:55 pm

Open question, I wonder how likely it is we'll see any other Evas in the revoltech line after the releases we know about so far (and unit 08b which I imagine we'll hear about soon)? I'm thinking of an awakening version of unit 13, 09 and unit 02's beast mode(s). Two of those would be a simple repaint with only a few newly moulded parts for each one so would be pretty easy to produce. I suppose it comes down to demand, I know I would be happy to see them included in the line.
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you!'

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:51 pm

View Original PostGojimatt wrote:I suppose it comes down to demand

Nonsense! They'll make every possible configuration of every possible Eva... Most will be lacking extras or some decisive detail, buy wait and see...

Now that, If RD finally decides to go on with the Eva figures and makes a Rocket-ed Mark 09, then Revo'll make one!

I'm still waiting for a corrected version of Eva 02 beta (maybe in combo with Eva 08 alpha)...
The released versions won't be much of an issue (I mean, repaints of Evas 13 and 09)...
I just hope we get a decent Wunder :rolleyes:

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:53 pm

I'm thinking of an awakening version of unit 13, 09 and unit 02's beast mode(s).

Hmm, outside of those three options I can't really see anything else in the immediate future.
Unless they want to include some unconventional entries like the Nemesis/Mark.04 Series or the Autonomous Assault Ark 'Wunder', which probably would be apart from the Eva Evo subset; just regular Revoltechs, maybe[?].

I myself am mulling over wether to get 02'γ, 08β and/or Evangelion 13 - Because let's face it, we all know they're going to be awesome. Or could be money spent instead on an SHMA Destoroyah or the coming Biollante release.

Still looking forward to Mark.09 the most though!

I just hope we get a decent Wunder

Yep, and I want something BIG, hehe. Just imagining something to scale with the Revo Evas...
That would be wild but completely unfeasible.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:27 pm

Dont worry, they will re-release the evas in new molds with assemly parts for a in scale wunder if you collect them all....AGAIN,and you get a code to buy the main body separated
ANATA BAKA !?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:47 pm

Insight on HLJ?
I'm starting to succumb (succumbing) on the temptation of buying again Eva 02 Beta and 08 Alpha... Both at 89 bucks with shipping...

I'm sure it'll be long before Eva 08 will be on Mandarake... And in any case it'll be at around the same price, and I see pointless to pay for 2 shippings (Eva 08 from AmiAmi and 02 from Mandarake or HLJ) so...

HLJ? How is it?

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:56 pm

Wait, what... I thought you already had Eva-02'β, Seele? Why do you want to buy it again?
Unless I missed something....

And in regards to HLJ, I've not ordered through them myself but they look like a fine retailer. If a little on the more costly side of things.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:04 am

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:Wait, what... I thought you already had Eva-02'β, Seele? Why do you want to buy it again?
Unless I missed something....

Yup, resold it... The good thing is that I could raise some money given the price people ask for Revos in Mexico (many times over 100 US)

Soooo... Any other reviews of the site?

Theron
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Theron » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:47 am

HLJ is pretty awesome! I've used them a lot in the last few years (actually bought the first revo Unit 1 from them, which was my first purchase)

I'm really hoping for a RAH NEO Unit 13. I'm getting the Unit 1 soon, maybe Unit 2 and Awakening 01 sometime.
WHERE IS MY UNIT 13 BANDAI

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Redtophat » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:47 am

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:Soooo... Any other reviews of the site?
I've used HLJ once or twice before, they're pretty good and well known, I'd order from them.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:13 am

I've been using HLJ for years and have never had a complaint.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Gojimatt
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gojimatt » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:50 pm

Rush of blood to my head and just ordered the Medicom Eva unit 02y! Now I've just got to figure how to pay for the thing, granted I've got until next year but still.

Suppose we'll hearing about revoltech Eva unit 08b soon, can't wait.
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you!'

Restriktion
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Restriktion » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:08 pm

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:And in regards to HLJ, I've not ordered through them myself but they look like a fine retailer. If a little on the more costly side of things.

They indeed tend to charge a little higher prices for some products, but their special sales and selection of older products sometimes provide great opportunities. Such as the Revoltech Yamaguchi #102 for ¥1414 back in September/October of last year.

Also, may i ask where you got this Heisei-era Godzilla? Your pictures inspired me to take on the Wikipedia synopsis (according to Wiktionary there is no plural) of some
Kaiju Eiga films, particular those of Toho, and now i appear to want one, too (although i consider this interest short-lived).

However, in accordance with the general consensus, i, as a recurring customer recommend HobbyLink Japan, too.

bladerj wrote:Dont worry, they will re-release the evas in new molds with assemly parts for a in scale wunder if you collect them all....AGAIN,and you get a code to buy the main body separated

Is this pure speculation or is there evidence for Kaiyodo's upcoming plans? I remember you talking with a Bandai representative a while ago, where they stated that they currently had no intentions of continuing Side-EVA.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”