Only in Japan...

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:05 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Hey now, what did she do to deserve that?

be a dumb, sad slut

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:09 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:be a dumb, sad slut

It's not her fault otaku are dumbasses.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:18 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:It's not her fault otaku are dumbasses.

and it's not otakus fault she is dumb, sad and a slut. Any of the three is negative trait for a person one needs to try to get rid off but all three at the same time is pretty miserable.

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:34 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Hey now, what did she do to deserve that?

Both have harems? Both are winning?

I will say that Sheen probably engineered much of his media event knowingly.
[Became an administrator on July 1st, 2006.]

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:55 pm

...Why does anyone care? I seriously don't get it. Please, explain this shit.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:24 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:...Why does anyone care? I seriously don't get it. Please, explain this shit.

Let`s say you like a girl or guy and want to have a romance with him.
But you only see the outside of him or her, cheery and shit.
You never get the chance to know him or her more intimately, only observe from a safe distance, continually project the picture of your perfect man or woman on him or her and want him or her for yours alone.
Then it turns out that he or she is completely different or even has a lover or sex partner.

Bang.

"Oh no, she is not the pure waifu I pictured, what a slut for not being what I wanted her to be and being reachable for others, if I am not able to reach here, nobody else should be able to"
You feel betrayed and angry because you wasted so much time on him or her in your head even though the other party doesn`t even know about you.

That`s what I think, at least.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:04 pm

So a noted star performer might lose her career because stalkers are upset? If that's how it is then Anime is already dead.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby backseatjesus » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:49 pm

Now you guys know why I'm not an anime addict like some of you. The whole "my idol must appear purely innocent" bullshit makes me literally want to stab everything.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:47 am

View Original Postbackseatjesus wrote:Now you guys know why I'm not an anime addict like some of you. The whole "my idol must appear purely innocent" bullshit makes me literally want to stab everything.

You're overreacting imo, I simply pity them.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:01 am

This is hardly the first time Hirano has pissed her fans off and even though the otaku are delusional their rage is somewhat justified. Hirano has acted like a bloody lunatic during the past year. :lol: Just go to Sankaku and search for Aya Hirano and you'll find tons of reasons why she has become pretty much the most hated celebrity among the otaku.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby The Imperialist » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:28 am

Well, now the Haruhi franchise is ruined (Aya Hirano attempting to be as scandalous as possible, and otakus not able to understand that she is not Haruhi), economical consequences.
I feel old

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:31 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:So a noted star performer might lose her career because stalkers are upset? If that's how it is then Anime is already dead.

And deservedly so. Anno was right all along!

View Original PostThe Imperialist wrote:Well, now the Haruhi franchise is ruined (Aya Hirano attempting to be as scandalous as possible, and otakus not able to understand that she is not Haruhi), economical consequences.

Either they get a different VA for Haruhi or they get over it. Don't see why the anime should die regardless.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:41 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:...Why does anyone care? I seriously don't get it. Please, explain this shit.

I don't give shit about Hirano, what I do care about is her screwing my chances of getting Haruhi S3 even further

View Original PostNemZ wrote:So a noted star performer might lose her career because stalkers are upset? If that's how it is then Anime is already dead.

View Original Postbackseatjesus wrote:Now you guys know why I'm not an anime addict like some of you. The whole "my idol must appear purely innocent" bullshit makes me literally want to stab everything.

[URL=http://img153.imageshack.us/i/38221183.png/]Image[/URL][URL=http://img153.imageshack.us/i/38221183.png/]Image[/URL][URL=http://img153.imageshack.us/i/38221183.png/]Image[/URL][URL=http://img153.imageshack.us/i/38221183.png/]Image[/URL]

This has nothing to do with anime per se, this is just Hirano failing at playing the game in the biz in general

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:16 am

View Original PostXard wrote: This has nothing to do with anime per se, this is just Hirano failing at playing the game in the biz in general

The game is idiotic. She should stab it in the face and make stupid otakus suffer. If her naughty bits get attention in the process so much the better!

Besides, Haruhi's got "sex fiend" written all over her anyway. give her a year or two and Kyon will be lucky to make it out of the bedroom in one piece.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:32 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:The game is idiotic. She should stab it in the face and make stupid otakus suffer.

oh, she already has done with all of her old man orgy talks and whatnot. :hahaha:

Idol biz is idol biz and has been for decades. And being idol is first and foremost about selling an image. Only the most deranged fans think there's more to it but Hirano's self-destructive rampage as tv talent is not wanted by anyone and has been very detrimental to say the least.

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:54 am

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:11 am

View Original PostSeele00TextOnly wrote:Go Aya! Stand up for yourself and be proud! Don't back down or apologize for things that are nobody else's business in the first place!

I'm not sure if Aya has anything to be proud about by now...and this is just the latest chapter in "Hirano the drama queen" story that has been going for over a year by now. It's clear things are not ok with her. She needs help more than anything else. Personally speaking I think she's lonely and depressed and these antics are partly symptom of those. It's hard for me to see this as some sort of "liberation" (LOL) when it's far more beliavable Hirano's life control is utter mess right now. Now all that's needed is something to do with drugs and she's over once and for all (drugs are big deal in Japan and pretty much a commercial kiss of death).

To quote myself from MAL

Hirano has no friends, her manager is badmouthing her, she has medical problems of some sort, her hair is coming off occasionally and she seem to suffer from some slight mental imbalances and on top of this all has been acting like a pathological liar lately (some bizarre..interprepations of some events in her daily life point out either at her being paranoid OR being liar). Her career has also been in shambles for quite a while.

also, normal people aren't horny and freaking stupid enough to virtually turn their backing band into a "harem" despite well knowing repercusions of such.

So no, things are NOT complete okay with Hirano as of now.

I'm not angry at her per se (I feel more pity than anything) but it's not like I don't understand people who are because Hirano has revealed herself as one selfish, hedonistic dumb cunt. For those upholding some sort of idealized nice girl image of her having their idol turn out to be immature two-timing slutty bitch is not fun.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:13 am

View Original PostXard wrote:oh, she already has done with all of her old man orgy talks and whatnot. :hahaha:

Good. More of the same would be welcome.

Idol biz is idol biz and has been for decades. And being idol is first and foremost about selling an image. Only the most deranged fans think there's more to it but Hirano's self-destructive rampage as tv talent is not wanted by anyone and has been very detrimental to say the least.

If it actually is self-destructive that's unfortunate. If it's just destroying an image, fuck it and fuck the industry.

Amy Winehouse 2.0 = bad.

Hot chick getting laid = Mind your own business and GTFO.

No more Haruhi? Very sad. She can no longer work a job that pays her shit and demands the absurd from her. Guess she'll just have to continue playing with her band and getting plenty of nookie, and the only ones really hurt are the ones who brought it on themselves. God's in his heaven and all is right with the world.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:25 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Good. More of the same would be welcome.

(:|

kimoi

View Original PostBagheera wrote:If it actually is self-destructive that's unfortunate. If it's just destroying an image, fuck it and fuck the industry.

Well, I think after her manager changed they tried to reinvent her image (so they're just creating a new one) as tv talent and distance her from anime culture into one of those random talents that buz around Japanese media circuit but they failed catastrophically.

View Original PostBagheera wrote:No more Haruhi? Very sad. She can no longer work a job that pays her shit and demands the absurd from her. Guess she'll just have to continue playing with her band and getting plenty of nookie, and the only ones really hurt are the ones who brought it on themselves. God's in his heaven and all is right with the world.

I'm pretty sure Hirano's fees for Haruhi are (were) pretty darn high. Seiyuus aren't paid equally for all roles. Also, her music career is OVER because of this incident (more like series of them) and most of her fanbase has evaporated. :shrug:

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:34 am

This debate is retarded. If her otaku fans were having sex then they wouldn't care. They are just jealous because they aren't getting laid. Not getting laid = rage.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”