Evangelion Fan Art [ 6/23/2004 - 7/8/2011 ]

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby sadsadshinji » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:02 am

orgasm for the eyes? i dunno...
and yes...did you make that sig seventh_child?

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Postby the_seventh_child » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:23 am

You like it?Actually it's not by me but i find it pretty cool..i cannot draw that good :cry:
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby sadsadshinji » Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:04 pm

its nice...
but why kawuro? lol
its very well drawn
and i'm sure you can draw too...

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Postby the_seventh_child » Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:26 pm

sadsadshinji wrote:its nice...
but why kawuro? lol
its very well drawn
and i'm sure you can draw too...

thanks.. but what do you mean why kaworu?
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby sadsadshinji » Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:02 pm

Asuka is in the picture... but...kawuro? i mean...if it was Shinji or something...

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:08 pm

Cyanna wrote:Nephilim, I've never come across a fan artist like you. Doing reasearch and trying to make drawings of things we don't see too often...

I do drawings of naked Evas "having sex"... Does that count? ;)

Anyway, nice piece, very nice. The only "problem" I have is that having the main figures outlined sort of detracts from the realistic quality the overall piece has. I wonder what a non-outlined version would look like? But anyway, your digital-paint ski11z put mine to shame, Asuka... Any recommendations to poor n00bs like myself who want to get better (aside from the whole "practice" bit)?

Nephilim, since you're done with the harpy-Evas, maybe now you can do a piece with all of them naked, having a group-orgy with EVA-02? Maybe we can collaborate to make it a reality. :maniacal laughter:
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Postby the_seventh_child » Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:18 pm

sadsadshinji wrote:Asuka is in the picture... but...kawuro? i mean...if it was Shinji or something...

Maybe he represents something like God in this picture..

Asuka Langley
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Asuka Langley » Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:50 pm

Nephilim wrote:
The Eva Monkey wrote:High quality 1024x768 desktop please? :(

I'm working in one right now, but i think that i will need the help of miss Asuka Langley :P

Erm, yes, we'd have to work that out, wouldn't we? I sent you a larger version of it, I do believe. :)

Reichu wrote:I do drawings of naked Evas "having sex"... Does that count?

Anyway, nice piece, very nice. The only "problem" I have is that having the main figures outlined sort of detracts from the realistic quality the overall piece has. I wonder what a non-outlined version would look like? But anyway, your digital-paint ski11z put mine to shame, Asuka... Any recommendations to poor n00bs like myself who want to get better (aside from the whole "practice" bit)?

Nephilim, since you're done with the harpy-Evas, maybe now you can do a piece with all of them naked, having a group-orgy with EVA-02? Maybe we can collaborate to make it a reality. :maniacal laughter:

Ah, I've been admiring your artwork for such the long time. It's nice to finally "meet" you.

Unfortunately, I have no recommendations for improving, as I've been CGing for barely a year now.
It wouldn't feel right if I were to suggest anything, other than the religious use of Photoshop. :D
We'll see whachu' got.

http://xrl.us/ccnh

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Dave » Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:01 pm

Reichu wrote:I do drawings of naked Evas "having sex"... Does that count?

Dear god WHY? *Shudders* I am going to have nightmares for weeks now.
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:06 pm

Asuka Langley wrote:Ah, I've been admiring your artwork for such the long time. It's nice to finally "meet" you.

It seems that I am known better in the NGE fanart community than the amount of e-mail I receive would lead me to believe! It always comes as a surprise whenever people tell me they "admire" my work, since most of the time, I just get the old "Dear god, that's disturbing" bit. ;) Just out of curiosity (or perhaps just to feed my barely-existent ego), what do you "admire" about it?

Unfortunately, I have no recommendations for improving, as I've been CGing for barely a year now.

Apparently, you have quite a knack for it!

It wouldn't feel right if I were to suggest anything, other than the religious use of Photoshop. :D

I've heard that other programs are better suited for "digital paint". Adobe Photoshop was originally intended for photograph manipulation, so it's not exactly created with the needs of us artsy-fartsy folk in mind. Although considering what people have managed to do with Photoshop, perhaps I shouldn't question things too much...

At any rate, I do have the ol' Wacom Tablet of legend, but I don't get much practice in the digital art realm. (I suppose the thought of my artwork existing solely as numerals on a piece of silicon disturbs me; I like to keep things more "real".) I either color in preexisting B&W artwork using the old "Multiply" command mostly, or doctor things to serve my nefarious purposes.

Dave wrote:Dear god WHY? *Shudders* I am going to have nightmares for weeks now.

What? You don't think Evas need love, too? They are human, after all. ;)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Dave » Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:24 pm

Ugh. I'm gonna hafta disagree with Frued on this one Reichu. In other words: gah! You need help!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:08 pm

Dave wrote:Ugh. I'm gonna hafta disagree with Frued on this one

What? Why do you think the Evas are always so pissed off? Obviously, it's because they have no sexual outlet! ;)

(You do realize that by giving me the "ugh!" response, you're just feeding the monster? :evil cackle: )

In other words: gah! You need help!

We all need help, my dear Dave-san.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Esion
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Esion » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:22 pm

Personally I think an eva orgy would be so hot.
:wink:
Yea and God said to Abraham, "You will kill your son Issac." And Abraham said, "I can't hear you, you'll have to speak into the microphone." And God said, "Oh I'm sorry, Is this better? Check, check, check... Jerry, pull the high end out, I'm still getting some hiss back here."

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:32 pm

Esion wrote:Personally I think an eva orgy would be so hot.
:wink:

:loooooool: C&A, baby, C&A!!

In all honesty, I think if the harpies hadn't been commanded to eliminate EVA-02, they would've violated her body in a slightly different way. (The tongues! Dear gawd, the tongues!!!) EoE makes it pretty clear that those harpies are a bunch of horny bitches, after all. Check out the evidence: 1, 2, 3, and 4. (Obviously, that's not so much "evidence" as me being a silly weirdo, but, hey, a girl's gotta have fun every once in a while...)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Dave » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:47 pm

For the love of all that is sane, please stop Reichu!

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

Postby MongolSquad » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:27 pm

OMG! HAHAHAHA! MORE! MORE! MORE!

Asuka Langley
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Asuka Langley » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:43 pm

Reichu wrote:It seems that I am known better in the NGE fanart community than the amount of e-mail I receive would lead me to believe! It always comes as a surprise whenever people tell me they "admire" my work, since most of the time, I just get the old "Dear god, that's disturbing" bit. ;) Just out of curiosity (or perhaps just to feed my barely-existent ego), what do you "admire" about it?

It pays to create controversy, I suppose. ;)
Anyhow, what I admire is mostly the details that you are able to put into your work.
Since, I can never imagine it to be easy, drawing an armorless Evangelion.
Everything is quite well structured/positioned/etc, too.
Also, the fact that you can use real media so well is great. I couldn't do that if my life depended on it.
It's very easy to appreciate the originality of a visionary.

I've heard that other programs are better suited for "digital paint". Adobe Photoshop was originally intended for photograph manipulation, so it's not exactly created with the needs of us artsy-fartsy folk in mind. Although considering what people have managed to do with Photoshop, perhaps I shouldn't question things too much...

At any rate, I do have the ol' Wacom Tablet of legend, but I don't get much practice in the digital art realm. (I suppose the thought of my artwork existing solely as numerals on a piece of silicon disturbs me; I like to keep things more "real".) I either color in preexisting B&W artwork using the old "Multiply" command mostly, or doctor things to serve my nefarious purposes.

As have I heard of the programs that people are using these days. Sadly, I'm unable to get into the 'swing' of things, in that sense.
Painter is a great program, which a lot of my other friends use, however I just can't seem to enjoy it.
So I'm stuck in the world of my beloved Photoshop v 5.0, which, regardless of it's intent, is more than a little popular among digital painters.
We'll see whachu' got.

http://xrl.us/ccnh

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby sadsadshinji » Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:23 am

to improve your skills? megatokyo has some good links in the art and drawing forums...

Cogboy
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Cogboy » Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:42 pm

Nephilim and Asuka Langley, you are both fucking legends.

I wish i could draw half as good as you.
"My point? "Sick and Depraved" is a banana." - Soluzar.

"I have those frameless glasses and shit. And emo glasses, but I broke them 'cause I got angry. :( " - Shnooks.

"Old quotes are old" - Cogboy

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby sadsadshinji » Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:58 pm

i am really disturbed by those pics...of the MP evas... then again they are kinda funny...
and yea...Asuka and nephilim are great...

Return to “Fan Works”