Evangelion Fan Art [ 6/23/2004 - 7/8/2011 ]

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby LiLi » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:27 am

Oedipusfoot wrote:Ooooooh! I didn't know you did that avatar. I thought you snagged it from pivix or something. Your art always has an interesting twist. I'll head over to the Rebuild fanart thread from here, but if you have any others not there would you mind posting them here? I'll start checking out the rebuild fanart thread from now on.

Sure, if people are interested in looking at them, I guess I don't mind sharing... I could use some feedback! I'm having trouble uploading images to mediafire though, could you maybe suggest an alternative way to share them?

I'd be interested in your opinion of my Rebuild!Fanarts, if you feel inclined to comment... ;)

PS: What is pivix?

:EDIT:
Oops, the Asuka-fanart!
"evangelion,Asuka,fanart"

Joseph the PRPD wrote:Lili do you have a deviantart.com account?

No, not yet at least... But I'll look into it, thanks for asking!

oOoOoOo wrote:Lili-chan has loads of awesome stuff stored away in a vault. She is greedy and secretive. Pester her until she shares her true nature.

Friends call me Ssssmeagol! :lol:

oOoOoOo wrote:And by true nature I mean delicious talent.

Not that you can taste talent, necessarily. Unless you're on Iron Chef. Aaah, where am I going with this... @_@

...To a synesthetic experience? ;)

Seriously though, thanks! :blush:
Last edited by LiLi on Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"People need more stfu in their diets." (NemZ)
"It was brainf@rt at first sight." [LiLi on Romance, II]

AVATAR - CUPCAKE CAT, SHOPPED BY NemZ

Oedipusfoot
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Oedipusfoot » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:57 am

LiLi wrote: I could use some feedback! I'm having trouble uploading images to mediafire though, could you maybe suggest an alternative way to share them?

I keep thinking a deviantart account. Or photobucket, which is what I use to post images here. But definitely deviantart...

I'd be interested in your opinion of my Rebuild!Fanarts, if you feel inclined to comment... ;)

I have a lot to say. Sort of. Maybe I should PM you if that's all right with you.

People have accounts to post images there. A lot of excellent fanart comes from that site.

No, not yet at least... But I'll look into it, thanks for asking!

Listen to the PRPD, he knows what he's sayin'. (in other words...you should get one...)

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby LiLi » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:40 pm

Oedipusfoot wrote:I have a lot to say. Sort of. Maybe I should PM you if that's all right with you.

Sure. :shinji_blush:

Going to look into deviantart now!

:EDIT: I noticed deviantart's policy allows only "original contents" - however there seem to be load of fanarts on the site... Does that mean that uploading my fanarts there is OK?

Evafan
Adam

Postby Evafan » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:17 pm

Yeah fan art is fine, they just mean it in the sense you created it. Original as in by you. Just don't upload other people's work and you're fine.

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Synapsid » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:01 pm

LiLi wrote:

Pixiv is a large Japanese language art community/gallery. They’ve got a rather nice cross-section of artists there... Um, since you’re great at reading Japanse I don’t think you’d have any problem in using it if you wanted to.
Eep, Asukael’s definitely become an angel :chair: she’s even more intense when you can make out the subtle features...it’s almost a china doll type look, but that plays into the ghostly image she’s got.
oOoOoOo wrote:And by true nature I mean delicious talent...where am I going with this... @_@

...To a synesthetic experience? ;)
Seriously though, thanks! :blush:
Perhaps...but have you ever looked at Oneesan's Lilith/FAR novella...sorry, I just had to say that -o-;
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

Oedipusfoot
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Oedipusfoot » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:54 pm

LiLi wrote::EDIT: I noticed deviantart's policy allows only "original contents" - however there seem to be load of fanarts on the site... Does that mean that uploading my fanarts there is OK?

Yes. When you submit a picture you have to put it into a category, and fanart is one of the categories. Also they have criteria for what's allowed. Just don't copy something like an exact picture that Sadamoto did, like that. And you don't...so you're fine.

Oh, and my computer crashed (I'm at the bibliotheque right now) so I don't know when I'll be sending you the PM. *sigh*

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby LiLi » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:34 pm

@Evafan, Oedipusfoot, Synapsid:

Thanks for the clarifications, guys! :thumbsup:
(Sorry to hear about your computer, Oedipusfoot...)

Synapsid wrote:it’s almost a china doll type look, but that plays into the ghostly image she’s got.

(Yes she does seem to have a doll-like look, doesn't she?)
...What do you imagine would Asuka's reaction be to being called a doll? :lol:

Maybe this? :asuka_geh:

I was probably thinking of those Japanese masks when I drew it... you know the ones?

As always, thank you for sharing your impressions and comments! :shinji_blush:

PS: Come out from under your chair already... I have miso soup...? :grin:

Perhaps...but have you ever looked at Oneesan's Lilith/FAR novella...sorry, I just had to say that -o-;

I'm sorry, I don't think I have... :blush:

oOoOoOo
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby oOoOoOo » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:49 pm

LiLi wrote:I'm sorry, I don't think I have... :blush:
A lot of the imagery is pretty abstract, and there is a lot of flowing hair, so it is sort of up your alley ^_~ You have my permission to be the official illustrator!
~ O-chan is soooo 2D right now.

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby LiLi » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:54 pm

oOoOoOo wrote:A lot of the imagery is pretty abstract, and there is a lot of flowing hair, so it is sort of up your alley ^_~ You have my permission to be the official illustrator!

Oooh... :blush:

I shall be honored! ^_~

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:40 pm

Less chit-chat more fanarts.
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby LiLi » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:44 pm

Tokpile Quohog wrote:Less chit-chat more fanarts.

Yes sir!

"Rei,evangelion,fanart"

(Not a very good one, I'm afraid... :sweatdrop:)

oOoOoOo
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby oOoOoOo » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:28 pm

LiLi wrote:Not a very good one, I'm afraid...
Don't make me come over there. My new official illustrator has more confidence and bravado than this! ^_^

I love how with very little visible "lines", we get a good sense of form, movement... mmm! You really do "win" with the mouth and nose, though. The mouth is especially mucked up in a lot of fan art, so that's worth a magic O-point.
~ O-chan is soooo 2D right now.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:04 pm

Hmm... is that a masked application of the plastic wrap filter, or did you actually draw all that?
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Synapsid » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:11 pm

LiLi wrote:(Yes she does seem to have a doll-like look, doesn't she?)
...What do you imagine would Asuka's reaction be to being called a doll?
Maybe this? *asuka_geh*
That sounds like what normal Asuka would do but this Asuka doesn't quite seem to be herself...She'd probably just swallow whoever said that into her hair mantle.

I was probably thinking of those Japanese masks when I drew it... you know the ones?
Ah, it’s a Noh mask? So could it be that it’s not really Asuka in there?
PS: Come out from under your chair already... I have miso soup...? :grin:

Ah, but I like the chair, and Asuka’s a scary porcelain doll...and Rei doesn’t seem cuddly either...miso sounds tasty though.
oOoOoOo wrote: Don't make me come over there. My new official illustrator has more confidence and bravado than this! ^_^
:nyao: yay, now that the two of you are working together there’ll be nothing to stop the gospel of Lilith from spreading.
Difracted Rei really does look more impressive in a larger size, although or other artist already critiqued it so I’d best not be redundant, but I’ll say that I really do love the flowing look used in the drawings.
Last edited by Synapsid on Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby LiLi » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:14 pm

@ O-sensei: Eeeeeeeeeeeeep! \0/

Gomen... :shinji_boohoo:

I mean: do you scoundrels have something to say about my fanart?? Bring it on! xD

(How was that? :shinji_blush:)

Thanks, I wish I had cleaned it up even more though, polishing it in order to have the bare minimun number of "lines" in the face...

NemZ wrote:Hmm... is that a masked application of the plastic wrap filter, or did you actually draw all that?

You mean the 'waves'? I think I drew them with the liquify tool (possibly applied plastic wrap on it later for added 'shiny' effect).

(Could you explain what you mean by masked application? I'm a bit ignorant when it comes to photoshoppy things... ^_^)

Synapsid wrote: That sounds like what normal Asuka would do but this Asuka doesn't quite seem to be herself...She'd probably just swallow whoever said that into her hair mantle.

You think so too? ;)

Ah, it’s a Noh mask?

:nod: Sort of.

So could it be that it’s not really Asuka in there?

*ambiguous troll grin*

miso sounds tasty though.

Miso miso miso... hot miso soup...

Difracted Rei really does look more impressive in a larger size, although or other artist already critiqued it so I’d best not be redundant, but I’ll say that I really do love the flowing look used in the drawings.

You know I love hearing your comments! So do not hesitate!
In fact, I'm glad to hear it looks better in larger format... I wasn't sure about that at all... (boo-boos being easier to spot and all... :grin:)
Last edited by LiLi on Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:20 pm

looks good to me. I might try my hand at some Mari artwork. I might try a Shinji Harem pic if I feel brave enough. ^_^ Im also working on pics for a fanfic IM doing which is a crossover of NGE and Tenchi Muyo. I might rework it so I can put Mari in. What do you think? Iknow this is Fanart, so please dont get on me for bringing my fic up? :sweatdrop:

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:31 pm

Great Genius Shinji-Sama wrote:looks good to me. I might try my hand at some Mari artwork.

Just to let you know there is a fan art thread in the rebuild subforum for only rebuild related fan art.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:38 pm

ok. good to know :biii: ^_^ If I do any of Mari or other Rebuild itll go there. Dont know when or if I will or not, but if I do; I'll remember that. ;)

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Synapsid » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:26 pm

LiLi wrote:Gomen...
I mean: do you scoundrels have something to say about my fanart?? Bring it on! xD? (How was that? :shinji_blush:)
I don't quite know if you want to force it like that, It sounds a bit like Shinji's bravdo with Leliel and we all know how that worked :sweatdrop:
You mean the 'waves'? I think I drew them with the liquify tool (possibly applied plastic wrap on it later for added 'shiny' effect).
(Could you explain what you mean by masked application? I'm a bit ignorant when it comes to photoshop things... )
Oh, it's even more impressive if you did the patterns without software intervention... But you still do use Photoshop though (or GIMP) don't you?...
You think so too? ;)
I think it does, it’s hair in that it looks like it, but it’s functioning almost as a shroud or fog that’s concealing her, which makes her porcelain face and glowing eyes all the more unsettling and unearthly.
Miso miso miso... hot miso soup...
*Crawls out from under chair*Miso sounds good...and I guess Asuka and Rei aren’t that scary...at least not anymore than they've allways been ^^;
You know I love hearing your comments! So do not hesitate!
In fact, I'm glad to hear it looks better in larger format... I wasn't sure about that at all... (boo-boos being easier to spot and all... :grin:)
Okay, I hope you don’t regret letting me talk. I don’t think anything’s wrong with the tiny irregularities in drawn art the nuances just makes it look more organic. They really look much better in larger sizes, not only are the patterns more visible but so is the anatomy. I really do think you did a great job with The Rei, but in small size I couldn’t make out fine details like her philtrum, but now they’re here for everyone to see.

Actually now that I look at it again it seems like the teh Rei is almost a mirror to your Shinji, they do sort have the same base but Rei’s bright toned image looks placid and her features seem to be rather open. (I suppose she never was one for making faces?)
@Great Genius Shinji-Sama
A Shinji harem is always welcome, we'd certanly love to see what you post in either thread especially if a certain angel is also included. ;)

Combs
Matarael
Matarael

Postby Combs » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:45 am

[URL=http://img17.imageshack.us/i/gooutside.jpg/]Image[/URL]
Can we make a new thread for shit ms paint art?
Props to people who've seen this template
Last edited by Combs on Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud founder, and sole member of A.I.D.S
"Can you bond with someone, over a television show? ...neuuugh?" -Craig Ferguson
"her BREASTS are like THE MAJOR'S from GHOAST In the MACHINE, She is like a person with CYBORG RADIATOR BREATSTS that do not WORK unless EXPOSED or in TIGHT CLOTHING or else the EXPELLED HEAT managed to SET THINGS ON FIRE" -chee, on misogyny

Return to “Fan Works”