Evangelion Platinum thin pack collection $90?!?!

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
rip3mwk
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby rip3mwk » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:53 am

Suncoast tells us that the thinpak contains six discs... *still wondering about the box art*

Heidroch
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Heidroch » Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:49 am

Neat, I can't wait for the thin pack! I have the Perfect Collection, and I have been holding out for an all together version of the Platinum series.

I would buy just one Platinum collection DVD, but who am I kidding? I know I would go into the store with the intent to buy "just one"; just to walk out with $130 ddollars worth of DVDs... :roll:

Toilet Duck
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Toilet Duck » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:40 pm

the only thinpack set i ever got was rahxephon, and the absence of liner notes doesn't bother me since i have the "rahxephon bible" book. now if it were something like azumanga daioh, which adv sliced down to 5 dvds for the thinpack (eliminating extras like the "very short movie"), i'd be concerned. *hugs his completed 6-disc azu-dai artbox*

by the way, that 7-disc thinpack of rahxephon sold for just under $60 at the best buy where i live (topeka, kansas), so i imagine they'll sell the eva platinum set at the same price. if you want it, maybe it'd be worth your while to make a pilgrimage down here. :)
"Do you think Reis big giant head would be enough to make a nuclear winter?" --defectron

Being banned from GodTube = VICTOLY

BLACKANGEL32076
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby BLACKANGEL32076 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:03 pm

WTF??? Every time I collect a series, they make a brick, (or thinpak), of it a few months later. It happened with Noir and now this. DANG IT!!!
-...because a lot can happen in 24hrs.
-"Consistancy people, consistancy!!!"-George Carlin

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:26 pm

Is there a reason this will cost $90 when I just got the Noir Thinpak boxset for $60? If it's simply based on the assumption that I'll pay that, then maybe I won't.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:01 pm

Because it's Eva.

Eva = Geeks - Lots of monies

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:10 pm

Me = irritable + $0

Industry profit = -$40

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

rip3mwk
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby rip3mwk » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:43 pm

[url]http://www.aaaanime.com/dvds.asp?view=item&code=DNGEBX2&title=Neon+Genesis+Evangelion%3A+Platinum+Collection+%28Thin%2DPak%29[/url]

Matt's not excited about the image choice...
I wonder what episodes are on what discs.

deathonwhitewings
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby deathonwhitewings » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:20 pm

On the thinpak, do the dvds on the inside look the same as the normal eva platinum dvds..as in shiny and stuff and have the same covers..

rip3mwk
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby rip3mwk » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:20 pm

They will not be shiney, that was a slipcover which will most likely not be on the thinpak dvd's. They will most definitely look identical to the plastic cover on the regular platinum dvd cases. It will also only contain the first six dvd covers so that means no kaoru. The slip case cover for the six dvd's only has Rei and Asuka, meaning no super-cool eva test type cover... why the hell would they just repeat two of the same images that we would see on the inside anyway? Why not make the best of both worlds and put kaoru and Shinji holding Rei on the front sides? Ah well, I want to know what the inside of the cases will look like...

S.O.M
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby S.O.M » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:17 pm

Is it worth to buy it?
Snake....SNAKE.....SSSSNNNAKKKKEEEE!!

Toilet Duck
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Toilet Duck » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:20 am

rip3mwk wrote:[url]http://www.aaaanime.com/dvds.asp?view=item&code=DNGEBX2&title=Neon+Genesis+Evangelion%3A+Platinum+Collection+%28Thin%2DPak%29[/url]

Matt's not excited about the image choice...
I wonder what episodes are on what discs.

my speculation:

disc 1: 1-5
disc 2: 6-10
disc 3: 11-14
disc 4: 15-18
disc 5: 19-22 + 21' and 22'
disc 6: 23-26 + 23' and 24'
"Do you think Reis big giant head would be enough to make a nuclear winter?" --defectron

Being banned from GodTube = VICTOLY

insight
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby insight » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:53 am

I spent $180 for the ultimate edition brick box set and $20 for EoE. That's a total of $200 for the series non platinum and EoE. DAMN YOU SUNCOAST! Atleast I got $30 back on my replay card...
Evangelion > Donnie Darko > Beef Jerky > Feces > Inuyasha > 4Kids

Matter = Weird

P.S. Fried Chicken is good

Shwiggie
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Shwiggie » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:43 pm

I won't buy a thinpack release again. I waited for Azumanga Daioh, and I got stripped down menus with little to no extras or liners. Had I thought of this, I'd have bought the individual DVDs and the art box when Right Stuf had them on sale for $10 each...and I've have even gotten the pin.

I got the Platinum series as it was released with the original artbox, and I'm quite pleased with it. It's just the premium you pay for getting it to start with. Now I won't endure the mild irritation of having a budget set with quantifiable corners having been cut to get there.

Heidroch
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Heidroch » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:58 pm

Well, as I am sure you all know, the Platinum Thinpack is going to be released in less than a week! :D

I live in the Central Florida area, which is near where Animenation is. My plan is to drive there on the 22nd and buy it there.

Being a person who has never seen a Platinum episode, I am verrry excited. However I do have a question for you all:

I own the Perfect Collection and Director's Cut: Resurrection. Would you guys reccomend that I trade in my Perfect Collection and Resurrection towards the Platinum Thinpack complete collection? Or should I just hang on to them?
What are your opinions?

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:06 pm

I still need to get a few platinum disks I might go the cheap rought and just buy the thins packs.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

rip3mwk
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby rip3mwk » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:25 am

Heidroch wrote:Well, as I am sure you all know, the Platinum Thinpack is going to be released in less than a week! :D

I live in the Central Florida area, which is near where Animenation is. My plan is to drive there on the 22nd and buy it there.

Being a person who has never seen a Platinum episode, I am verrry excited. However I do have a question for you all:

I own the Perfect Collection and Director's Cut: Resurrection. Would you guys reccomend that I trade in my Perfect Collection and Resurrection towards the Platinum Thinpack complete collection? Or should I just hang on to them?
What are your opinions?

Go ahead and trade the old versions in. The only discrepency is that the perfect collection's eps. 21 - 24 - the origionals - when viewed on the platinum collection, they are actually not the origionals due to new audio taken from the director's cuts along w/ new footage (for unknown reasons). So unless you are a completionist, like my sad self, then sell away - it's a good idea.

rb_182_
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby rb_182_ » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:33 am

Yeah I noticed lately ADV has been releasing thinpack set's that have no extras and the menus are just bland and non animated. but they are a lot cheaper than their old boxsets used to be.
The Real Ending to Evangelion~~
Rei goes insane!!~~
~Rei is hope.. the hope that people will one day be able to understand each other, and Kaworu is the words... "I Love You". I think they are two beings that will always be watching over everything~

superdoughboy4
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby superdoughboy4 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:24 am

Heidroch wrote:Well, as I am sure you all know, the Platinum Thinpack is going to be released in less than a week! :D

What are your opinions?

Well, for me, I'd usually keep them.
But I'm the kind that doesn't take likely to selling back or throwing away.
No joke... I still have my broken headphones [multiples of them] in my room still.
I'd sell stuff like my Pokemon and Yugioh cards, but that's about it.

rb_182_ wrote:Yeah I noticed lately ADV has been releasing thinpack set's that have no extras and the menus are just bland and non animated. but they are a lot cheaper than their old boxsets used to be.

I guess they made it more buyer-friendly with the lowered price.

rip3mwk
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby rip3mwk » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:55 pm

Anyone get this yet?... I'm thinkin' about selling my plat's and buying the thinpak, but not if it sucks.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”