Eva Action Figures [2]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:36 pm

^
You're probably talking about the Revoltech of Eva 02 (in any case the only figure I've seen of such)

You can watch a review of that figure at my Youtube
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Stan » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:39 am

It will be challenging for them to make figurines of unit 09 (aka dildo head), especially in a way that lets it keep its balance without tipping over :P

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:26 pm

I sugest we boycott this Q figure thread, when 2.0 came out, they shunned us from the rebuild forum into this to talk about the figures, now Q gets a exclusive thread ?

Get the forks gentleman ! i already have the torches light up
ANATA BAKA !?

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:32 pm

It is in the interest of protecting those who prefer to avoid spoilers from the new film. This extends to all other areas of the forum outside of the designated 'Q and Beyond' discussion subforum.

In other words, [url=http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/13437/Eva-30-Q-Spoiler-Policy-EVERYBODY-READ-THIS/]READ THIS[/URL].
Voluntary Illusion.

beecass
Embryo

Postby beecass » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:36 am

If I had purchased the new Revoltech EVA-02β, I'd be spewing after seeing the film and realising that its arm wasn't screen accurate. I had a feeling that they were jumping the gun by releasing a figure based on unfinished footage, and after seeing the production sketches and the opening scenes, it definitely looks like they did things a little too early. Hopefully we'll see a more accurate figure over the coming months, or at least an accurate rendition of EVA-02γ.

Being an RD fan, I would absolutely love to see Bandai release a EVA-08 figure! I'm in love with its design.

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:35 pm

Ya I'll only be buying a revo 08 for the collection since the rest are basically just redesigns of 00,01 and 02. I just want the normal versions.
Internet elitists suck,ya you know who you are.

Kaworu06
Adam

Postby Kaworu06 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:45 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:^
You're probably talking about the Revoltech of Eva 02 (in any case the only figure I've seen of such)

You can watch a review of that figure at my Youtube

Oh my god! Your Javiere? I watch your videos all the time! OMG! Wow! I'm sorry!
I also go by:
Sylvi Jenni Annukka Lea Pentti.

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Redtophat » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:24 am

Is the Asuka figma worth it or should I just wait till the inevitable Q version of it comes out? I ask because I have Mari on the way and Asuka looks cool but her breasts are well, if you've seen it you know what I mean.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:37 pm

View Original Postbeecass wrote:If I had purchased the new Revoltech EVA-02β, I'd be spewing after seeing the film and realising that its arm wasn't screen accurate. I had a feeling that they were jumping the gun by releasing a figure based on unfinished footage, and after seeing the production sketches and the opening scenes, it definitely looks like they did things a little too early. Hopefully we'll see a more accurate figure over the coming months, or at least an accurate rendition of EVA-02γ.

Being an RD fan, I would absolutely love to see Bandai release a EVA-08 figure! I'm in love with its design.

Mind you, this was 5 months ago, but i talked to a bandai representative, and he told me bandai had no imediate plans for a continuation of the RD series for 2.0 and the upcoming movie, as no license was in talk.

it could changed,and bandai generaly does things way in advance, so if we are to get it, expect it when it start showing the movies in theater abroad or when the home video release.
He said they were investigating interest in bringing the characters to the D-arts line though.
ANATA BAKA !?

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:10 pm

View Original PostJune wrote:Is the Asuka figma worth it or should I just wait till the inevitable Q version of it comes out? I ask because I have Mari on the way and Asuka looks cool but her breasts are well, if you've seen it you know what I mean.

If you dont mind the skimpy suit, its worth, i bough for the angry face alone cos i know the next version wont have it, also i doubt they will include entry plugs again, i just hope they release Shinji with entry plug and the old blue plug or in school uniform, i dont like the new suit, becouse its the same as kaworu.
ANATA BAKA !?

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Redtophat » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:12 pm

View Original Postbladerj wrote:If you dont mind the skimpy suit, its worth, i bough for the angry face alone cos i know the next version wont have it, also i doubt they will include entry plugs again, i just hope they release Shinji with entry plug and the old blue plug or in school uniform, i dont like the new suit, becouse its the same as kaworu.
Indeed, i'll just hold out for pirate Asuka when she comes out, I hope Kaworu and Misato get the figma treatment though but t will most likely be pirate Asuka and Rei, both of which I don't mind one bit.

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Jinroh » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:29 pm

So no one knows what happened to the SPEC line? A unit 06 would have looked so great. I personally don't really like the revoltech figures, they feel and look way too cheap in comparison.

beecass
Embryo

Postby beecass » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:47 pm

View Original Postbladerj wrote:Mind you, this was 5 months ago, but i talked to a bandai representative, and he told me bandai had no imediate plans for a continuation of the RD series for 2.0 and the upcoming movie, as no license was in talk.

That's really disappointing. I always preferred the RD's because of their paintjobs and better screen accuracy, but a few of newer EvaEvos have been nice - I could be tempted to switch if their 08 figure in any good.

scherzi
Embryo

Postby scherzi » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:15 am

Been drooling over those RAH awesomeness and 01 is sold out already, so I'm wondering, does Amiami usually restock any figures? Or does this mean goodbye forever?

Btw, although I've been a fan of the series for at least ten years, I am new to the forum. Blame all the Q madness. :ting:

Aurelian
Lilith

Postby Aurelian » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:50 am

Rha Eva-01 status is :pre-order yet it is sold-out. Weird.

Unless someone removes their pre-order , it will be hard to get one from them. This big figure is very much wanted , Ami-ami gives the best price (that I could find). I don't think this figure will have a chance to be "in stock" in shop.

Good luck still.

There is still Rha Eva-02 available in this shop incaseifyoudon'tknow<.< This Evangelion also deserves love.

Gojimatt
Lilith

Postby Gojimatt » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:14 am

So where r all the Q figures, I thought Kaiyodo would have announced something by now?! Can any one remember when the first wave of revoltech figures for 2.0 came out in releation to the film? Traditionally movie merchendise comes out just before the film but I'm thinking maybe Khara wanted to keep things secret for as long as possible until the film was released. Just a theory.

P.S I hope Bandai do get back in the Eva game, the protos for the angel figures suggests they're not done yet but I want Evas dammit, and not as frickin' web exclusives thank you very much. I wonder if the angels themselves will be incorporated into the D-arts line as well, instead of the monsterarts?
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you!'

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:05 pm

View Original PostAurelian wrote:Rha Eva-01 status is :pre-order yet it is sold-out. Weird.

Unless someone removes their pre-order , it will be hard to get one from them. This big figure is very much wanted , Ami-ami gives the best price (that I could find). I don't think this figure will have a chance to be "in stock" in shop.

Good luck still.

There is still Rha Eva-02 available in this shop incaseifyoudon'tknow<.< This Evangelion also deserves love.

not weird, it just means they filled the quota they expected to receive of units, they may receive more or less, if the former they will use the order list
ANATA BAKA !?

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:12 pm

View Original PostGojimatt wrote:So where r all the Q figures, I thought Kaiyodo would have announced something by now?! Can any one remember when the first wave of revoltech figures for 2.0 came out in releation to the film? Traditionally movie merchendise comes out just before the film but I'm thinking maybe Khara wanted to keep things secret for as long as possible until the film was released. Just a theory.

P.S I hope Bandai do get back in the Eva game, the protos for the angel figures suggests they're not done yet but I want Evas dammit, and not as frickin' web exclusives thank you very much. I wonder if the angels themselves will be incorporated into the D-arts line as well, instead of the monsterarts?

Nope, D-arts and SH figurearts are for characters the later sacrificing a little of aesthetic for poseability, Robot Damashi for robots, and now the monsterarts for creatures.

I'm just surprised that bandai didn't even try to merchandise on Asuka and Rei for 2.0 on the d-arts line,i wonder if they feared competition from figma, in case you dont know bandai projects are done months in advance, my theory is that is why they never released a eva 05 figure,they problably didnt receive the final concept in time for their orderly release schedule.
ANATA BAKA !?

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:21 am

View Original PostGojimatt wrote:So where r all the Q figures, I thought Kaiyodo would have announced something by now?! Can any one remember when the first wave of revoltech figures for 2.0 came out in releation to the film? Traditionally movie merchendise comes out just before the film but I'm thinking maybe Khara wanted to keep things secret for as long as possible until the film was released. Just a theory.

Wonderfest Winter is around the corner, expect the Q merchandise flood gates to open then. I'm hoping for a EvaEvo 08 prototype.
Internet elitists suck,ya you know who you are.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:37 am

View Original Postshaneva002 wrote:Wonderfest Winter is around the corner, expect the Q merchandise flood gates to open then. I'm hoping for a EvaEvo 08 prototype.

Lets count, according to the images, trailers and few things I've spoiled myself (I wanna reach the Camrip wit at least one virgin hole), the Evas of Q with figure potential are:

SPOILER: Show

Eva 02 beta (corrected version)
Eva 02 gamma
Eva 08 alpha
Eva 08 beta
Mark VI
Eva 09
Eva 13
Eva 13 with 4 arms
The AAA thing... How big is it anyways? (don't answer me!)
I think I saw a Beast Eva in one of the trailers...

That's a lot... I don't think I'll be coming back to this thread until after I've seen the movie... That last trailer posted gave me a few insights I didn't wanted XD
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”