Last Eva Manga Volume Features New Character

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Oedipusfoot
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Oedipusfoot » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:05 pm

SPOILER: Show
Concerning what kind of like/love Mari was referring to, Mari said "Suki tte koto," which is 100% romantic love. I had a native speaker go over the chapter to see her reaction, and she squealed when she read that line lol. I made sure to confirm it was romantic love.

But I'm also disappointed when people don't think about what Sadamoto's really trying to say about Mari and the other character's understanding of their emotions and just grasp at the easiest (or more titillating?) explanation.

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:57 am

View Original PostOedipusfoot wrote:
SPOILER: Show
Concerning what kind of like/love Mari was referring to, Mari said "Suki tte koto," which is 100% romantic love. I had a native speaker go over the chapter to see her reaction, and she squealed when she read that line lol. I made sure to confirm it was romantic love.

But I'm also disappointed when people don't think about what Sadamoto's really trying to say about Mari and the other character's understanding of their emotions and just grasp at the easiest (or more titillating?) explanation.

Maybe because Sadamoto is a shitty writer. Some aspects are fine but others..... :facepalm:
Do american "cool" people know that in Europe only alcoholics and homeless drink wine without food by their side???

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:27 am

Spoiler tags lifted, unless I'm forgetting a release somewhere? Go nuts!

New post:

VIZ's translation of that particular line was "That I like you" as opposed to "That I love you" since 好き can be translated in various ways.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:32 pm

So I just read this and that last chapter with Mari... what does this mean?

Is this evidence for the sequal theory? What the hell is going on in that last chapter?
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:56 pm

All the main continuities (anime/manga/rebuild) are interconnected.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:27 pm

View Original PostDefectron wrote:Is this evidence for the sequal theory? What the hell is going on in that last chapter?

More of a fun little cameo than anything else, since NGE-Sadamoto Mari and Webuild-universe Mari aren't exactly the same person.

Certain elements could be the same in both continuities (her age being 16*, having somehow known Yui and/or Gendo before piloting days), but we won't know for sure until FINAL's out.

*And Kaworu was 15, right? So she's older than all the kids! :lol:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”