10th Anniversary of Evangelion Set

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Asterix
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Asterix » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:39 am

The Eva Monkey wrote:
DatDude wrote:You dog you :wink:

No, it's not like that! :oops:

then what is it like? ;_; :wink:

I may get it, I dunno. I never got any of the platinum edition, so maybe it would be worth it...
"why is it when an eva gets free will, the first thing it does is eat its own?"
"...tastes like chicken?"

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:32 am

The Eva Monkey wrote:

Sure :wink:
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE 08 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:20 am

No there is nothing between Tiffany Grant and Aaron....because he's madly in love with Amanda Winn Lee for her brilliant commentary on Eva.
I heart Encyclopedia Dramatica!
THAT WIKI/Aspergers

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:23 am

Truth be told lee is the better looking of the two. Maybe shes better for monkey
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:50 am

So how about that Tenth Anniversary Set?

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:52 am

I think Green field is behind on hose payments or something so they did yet another eva release
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

darth_mark
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby darth_mark » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:12 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:

lol right.

Unit 01 wrote:moo.
"Let's Instrumentality! <3" - SEELE

tokenflipguy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby tokenflipguy » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:01 pm

I think it's not needed. I am fine with my platinum thinpacks.

Satsume
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Satsume » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:26 pm

I really want this 10th Anniversary Set. Really. D: I think I could rack up enough money later on, but how long do you suppose I have? Limited edition.. my brain is frying! Or am I just better off getting Platinum, or something? But I do want an Eva jacket. xD

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:45 pm

Satsume wrote:But I do want an Eva jacket. xD

I'll bet more than one of those Jackets will end up on eBay.

Satsume
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Satsume » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:26 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:
Satsume wrote:But I do want an Eva jacket. xD

I'll bet more than one of those Jackets will end up on eBay.

Very true. But I'm a little confused on what else the 10th Anniversary Set has to offer that Platinum doesn't (aside from the jacket!).

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE 08 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:38 pm

Supposedly every extra ever created....I doubt that probably more ADV nonsense featureing Amanda Winn Lee, Sean McCoy, and Matt Greenfeild. Oh boy! I'm hoping for AWL explains it all!
I heart Encyclopedia Dramatica!
THAT WIKI/Aspergers

rip3mwk
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby rip3mwk » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:27 pm

But didn't our friends at ADV say that this re-re-re release of eva was to "restore the commentaries and bonus features left out of the plat thin-pak"

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:20 pm

rip3mwk wrote:But didn't our friends at ADV say that this re-re-re release of eva was to "restore the commentaries and bonus features left out of the plat thin-pak"

Something like that, but what makes it any different than the stand alone Platinum DVDs which were also "Limited Edition"?

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:30 pm

Frankly, after the claims of the finality of Platinum, I'm insulted by this thing's existence--I don't care what they put in there, there's no way I'm going to buy it. ADV had an opportunity to provide adequate bonus materials; ADV had Platinum, and they fucked it up. I'm not going to play their little game. I know it's futile, but I wish fans would send them a message by exercising a bit of restraint (something that those who know me know I almost never recommend) and avoiding this thing at all costs. Nobody deserved to be deceived by that "final DVD release" bullshit, and nobody who owns the series really needs this, either. If you have the series, you have everything you need to be an Eva fan. Don't be the bitch of an opportunistic wolf.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:40 pm

I am more than a bit annoyed by ADV's handling of the property. I understand that they're a buisness, and that they're out to make a buck, but there's this image of them that they intentionally or unintentially project that they are noble, trying to bring us our next favorite anime, that they're in the buisness to bring anime to the fans first, and make a living second.

Here are my gripes:

ADV shouldn't have turned down the Eva movies. The price may have been steep, but they would have earned a return.

ADV shouldn't have released the Director's cuts when Platinum was in works.

ADV shouldn't have lied about the number of Director's cut episodes, and should have only produced one dvd.

ADV shouldn't have released a thinpak so soon after platinum.

ADV shouldn't have announced a 10th anniversary set so soon after the thinpak.

It's ridiculous, I'll be they're already starting to think about both a BluRay and HDDVD edition of Evangelion already. One will come with a coupon for Rei Ayanami bedsheets, the other for Asuka Langley Sohryu bedsheets. And you know that someone out there will buy BOTH.

Oi vay.

Ryousanki King
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ryousanki King » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:06 pm

To be honest, I agree with the general consensus and say this isn't needed. I collected Platinum when it first came out (still seem to be missing 03 and 07, so I need to make some money and buy those later on) and aside from a couple of horrible extras, thought they were great...and then ADV seriously pissed me off by releasing the thinpak for less than half of what I've paid for five Platinum DVDs.

In a nutshell, I'm just kinda flipping ADV the bird by this point. They can go screw themselves.
Currently: Working on some comics + Photoshopping some new avatars

Satsume
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Satsume » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:09 am

I gather this 10th Anniversary Set really isn't worth it then. Considering I don't own any Eva whatsoever (cry), should I spend my money on the Platinum Collection ($77.84 w/Death & Rebirth and The End of Evangelion on Amazon)? The vibe I'm getting is that the 10th Anniversary Set is a ridiculous buy ($169.99 on Amazon).

I just want to double-check, since I'm a fairly new Eva fan and I don't know what to expect from what I buy.

System Shocker
Lilith

NO dude

•      
  •      

Postby System Shocker » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:09 am

If you own no Eva stuff, this is the thing to buy. I found Evangelion a year ago on limewire in it's subtitled glory and a few months ago I was desperate to get the best quality dvds. Before I considered getting the Evangelion perfect edition from ADV, then I came so close to buying the entire Platinum Edition when that came out. All that money was too much for me. So I bought the 2-Pak of movies and a Unit-02 action figure which breaks really easily and I had a feeling there would be some new edition of the tv series being re-released soon. 300 dollars is such an unreasonable price for the tv series, but I found the new 10th Anniversary Edition of Evangelion on dvdpacific.com for 144 dollars so I finally went and preordered it. The way things have turned out are pretty good because this new edition is the best Neon Genesis Evangelion set that isn't available yet.

I will totally make an AMV of NGE with the song by Mindless Self Indulgence called 'Faggot' and I'll do Eleanor Rigby by The Beatles of NGE episode 22
Last edited by System Shocker on Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Re: NO dude

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:22 am

System Shocker wrote:Where do you go to not get caught?

For the record, it is against this forum's policy to facilitate in piracy. You can say bittorrent all you want, but please do not post links, mention sites, or ask people to pm or email you information. Every time you do, you put this site in danger of facing repercussions. I've seen a number of sites get slapped lately for sharing Eva stuff, and I don't want to be among them.
Last edited by The Eva Monkey on Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”