Eva Action Figures (including Rebuild) [1]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:16 pm

View Original PostShinies wrote:This just made me wish we had micro machines kind of sets of Evangelion, with the vehicles, ships, angels and evas.

Only that!? You conformist!
Imagine: Evangelion+Angelic Layer+The Wii controlers+Pump your energy dance arcade machines
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Shinies
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Shinies » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:24 pm

We must be realist, that is like asking for Gendo to be humanitarian, IT IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

/sorry caps lock took control of my pc.

Anyway they really should think about those type of playsets, just a few hours ago I saw an image of an airship in scale with the micromachines, sadly I didn't get an answer of where I could find more of that.

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby insomniac » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:29 pm

Robot Damashii ZA BEASTO will come with miniature buildings, which look like lego blocks.

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/shop?vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=TOY-RBT-1206&template=e_review.html&set=english

macrochaos
Lilith

Postby macrochaos » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:35 pm

View Original Postinsomniac wrote:Robot Damashii ZA BEASTO will come with miniature buildings, which look like lego blocks.

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/shop?vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=TOY-RBT-1206&template=e_review.html&set=english

They did improved the sculpt but the head-neck connection is still very ugly, but so is the revoltech one but at a much lesser magnitude

And no effect parts?
im stickin with the Revo

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Eva 04 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:08 am

View Original Postinsomniac wrote:Robot Damashii ZA BEASTO will come with miniature buildings, which look like lego blocks.

Yeah.Even though it looks nicer,I perfer the Revoltech version.Plus those buildings do look like Lego blocks.And it doesnt come with any accessories either.Pity.

macrochaos
Lilith

Postby macrochaos » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:15 am

View Original PostEva 04 wrote:Plus those buildings do look like Lego blocks.And it doesnt come with any accessories either.Pity.

RD may have better articulation but not nearly as much options in poses like the Revo does.
five pairs of hands versus seven
no stand versus the revo stand
the general accesories is good on both

and LEGO BLOCKS WTF?!

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:18 pm

That's it... I'm either gonna learn how to make building models like those architects make or gonna buy Lego blocks, pait them gray and make a diorama of Tokyo III and the Geo front under my bed (will slide out so that I can play with it :scheming:

And what the hell?
Looks like and angry monkey...

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby insomniac » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:11 am

View Original Postmacrochaos wrote:RD may have better articulation but not nearly as much options in poses like the Revo does.

I have to disagree, I got the Awakening Unit-01 to see if there were any improvements from the old ones, and the posing options are still limited. It can do a few niche 'twisty' poses due to the way the joints are cut, but it's nothing the RD can't do. And it can barely stand straight without looking awkward.

The only reason it comes with a stand is because the figure can't/is difficult to stand by itself in most poses.

RD Unit-03 has been confirmed as an exclusive. Ugh.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:17 am

View Original Postinsomniac wrote:The only reason it comes with a stand is because the figure can't/is difficult to stand by itself in most poses.

What did you expected? It was levitating under a halo of doom 80% of it's screen time... Of course it needs a base...

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:38 am

View Original Postarael wrote:That's it... I'm either gonna learn how to make building models like those architects make or gonna buy Lego blocks, pait them gray and make a diorama of Tokyo III and the Geo front under my bed (will slide out so that I can play with it :scheming:

And what the hell?
Looks like and angry monkey...

Nice of you to post only the bad pic to make your cause, what about the rest ?

BTW if i translated correctly, RD eva-03 will come with openable mouth.
ANATA BAKA !?

Shinies
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Shinies » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:09 pm

In his defence, even after watching all the other pictures this beast is still not better than the revoltech one.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:54 pm

View Original PostShinies wrote:In his defence, even after watching all the other pictures this beast is still not better than the revoltech one.

Thank you attourney Shinies... But anyway, I think the arms look really long too, look at the 2nd picture... And the 4th, looks like it's about to choke with it's own tonge!

Now, on other news: Kaiyodo and Bandai can go to hell!
So, no Eva 00 suicide missile?
Suck on this!

Also, a new post:

Shinies
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Shinies » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:22 pm

Hahaha oh boy, you are going to be the envy with that missle. Though it really looks cool, it's only lacking the thrusters.

Now about the beast, the problem I see with this particular damashii figure is that the face is not the right face, it should have a larger jaw, more menacing like the revoltech one; the feet should be a little more stylized, I don't know, but having those clown shoes really don't help.

Aside from that it's an ok figure but IMHO not on par with the aesthetic of the revoltech one.

SpearofLonginus
Lilith

Postby SpearofLonginus » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:26 pm

Is there anywhere to order Unit 00? Seems to be limited... gah

Shinies
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Shinies » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:34 pm

You mean the damashii one? Because if you do then you are for the most part screwed, it is a store exclusive and the only way to get it was through middleman. The preorders ended before august started and if you can get it, it will be only at scalper prices on ebay maybe.

If you mean the revoltech one, more or less same story, scalper prices at ebay OR, you could order the box that includes units 00, 01, 02 and 03 for a somewhat reasonable price, problem would be shipping because the box is quite big.

Either way prepare to lose some big bucks.

SpearofLonginus
Lilith

Postby SpearofLonginus » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:34 pm

I feared as much. I would like the Damashii one but since yellow unit 00 isn't my priority I'll have to pass for now. Shame. >< I need $$ for the Lilith figures anyway XD

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:54 pm

View Original PostShinies wrote:Though it really looks cool, it's only lacking the thrusters.

They're on development... I was just showing the 5th prototype /:D
Too many considering they where made of paper...

@SpearofLonginus: What Lilith figures? Only seen 3 in my life...

SpearofLonginus
Lilith

Postby SpearofLonginus » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:03 pm

The petit Eva pyramid and that new one that came out recently. I think they were posted a few pages back... I've been on too many topics lol

RMZX
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby RMZX » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:28 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:Also, a new post:

Wow, thats pretty awesome. Where did you get the image of Rei on that image? Its pretty sweet.
:|

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:57 pm

View Original PostRMZX wrote:Wow, thats pretty awesome. Where did you get the image of Rei on that image? Its pretty sweet.

It's from the 2.0 promotional images by Y. Sadamoto (or is it Sadamoto :| ?)... There's one of Asuka and one of Mari in her green plugsuit...
Here:
http://www.quecomic.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/20090508-rei-asuka-mari.jpg
But the one of my image is tricked, I added shading and enhanced colors to give it a je ne sais quoi...

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”