Eva Action Figures (including Rebuild) [1]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Jesterhead
Adam

Postby Jesterhead » Sat May 22, 2010 11:45 pm

I decided to cancel my pre-order for the beast Unit-02. I seriously can't justify spending money on a ugly, mis-proportioned Evangelion. Even with the inclusion of the thunder spear, it still didn't seem worth it to me. I guess all the Bandai and Yamato Valkyries I've been getting have been spoiling me lol!

Unlike normal revoltechs, the accessories limit the poses, since they are so restrictive and specific. It can either be wounded, slashing/running, crouching, or biting, that's about it, anyhting else will just look foolish with the bulky shoulders and high heel shoes. Only one set of hands, which seriously lack detail, is a big downside imo; not to mention they are attached via an obvious (and probably loose) hinge. The heads look disjointed and very hollow, and the back/chest is humongous!! Compare it's entry plug cover's size to any other Evangelion's. I'll buy that in the movie the biological proportions of Unit-02 change, but not armor plates like this toy depicts.

Seriously disappointed in Kaiyodo's attempt at this revoltech!

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun May 23, 2010 10:43 pm

Jesterhead:
Sorry I coundn't load bigger pics, I'm more an "entertainer" than a reviewer ;D
The hands are prettye much "in" detail, [considering that all the Eva's armor from shoulder to fingers is gone] so not so much detail to put there.
The hinge that holds the hand is obvious, yes, bot so not loose, I was concerned about that too, the hand can spin 360° on it's wrist axis and has little over 200° of up-and-down bending.
Oh and... DUH!
I assume you were gonna pose this figure with a palette rifle? That was the whole point of "Ze Bisto": brute force. In my opinion it's more a dynamic figure, like Unit-05, you can not pose them completely static, they must be "moving".
And yeah, the elongated armor make me go like "uh?"... Just like Eva unit 02 Air version...

I personally found this figure both satisfying and fun to use, the AT field breaking effect and head blood gush where a little dissapointingn I don't think I can use them with any other figure... But anyway, JAY!
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Jesterhead
Adam

Postby Jesterhead » Mon May 24, 2010 11:46 pm

I'm glad to hear that the wrist joints are better than I assumed!

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Wed May 26, 2010 8:40 pm

How much do you think i can get on my revoltech eva-02 REBUILD of EVANGELION :devil: version ?
It's opened but mint, i actually only opened it twice, just to look at the figure and check the articulation. the hands are still on plastic bag unopened, same for the base. and the seal plastic is still new so if i showed you the package you wouldnt even think i opened.
ANATA BAKA !?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu May 27, 2010 8:22 pm

Hey! I finally had a reason to take a photo shoot of my Eva-04 NME Ver.
I stated before that it is a re-painted Eva Unit-03...

Solo

With his bro

Pachinko!?

00 kai says: "WTF! That's my pose!"

00 kai says: "You bastard! That's MY signature weapon!!!"

À la Jill Valentine in Resident Evil 5!
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Fri May 28, 2010 9:38 pm

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:They arent out yet. These Figma Eva girls wont be availabe on Japanese store shelves until July 2010. And if your importing them from Japan or planning to get these from a local Japanese import shop, dont expect to get these gals in your hands until August. Heh.

Seen this yet ? Image

It will come with a plug seat !!! DAMN....i hope it's not a gimmick, and the others will too, but i smell a gimick ,and i'll have to get mari just becouse of this, for my Asuka :shrug:
ANATA BAKA !?

Jesterhead
Adam

Postby Jesterhead » Fri May 28, 2010 11:36 pm

Nice repaint!

EVA X
Lilith

Postby EVA X » Sat May 29, 2010 8:19 am

Good to see that Kaiyodo gave the Beast Mode Unit 2 better hand joints. Looks I may just have to pick it up. :ting:

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Robot Damashii Evangelion Action Figures

Postby bladerj » Sun May 30, 2010 1:13 am

So who has them ? i got shogoki and nigoki and i am really happy with them, if i knew bandai would release such great figure i would never had bought revoltech nigoki, i'm glad i skiped shogoki revo, the mouth piece looked awfull.

Btw, in case you don't know.......zerogoki will be WEB EXCLUSIVE !!!!
WTF THOSE NINCOPOOP BASTARDS !!! WHY ! WHHHHHYYYYYYY !
Now i can't have the minigun that will be included

http://tokyohunter.blogspot.com/2010/05/bandai-robot-damashii-eva-00-kai.html

:bawl: :crybaby: :boohoo: ;_; :bawl: :spout: :sniffle: :dejected: :stars:

btw how reliable is this site ? http://www.biginjap.com/evangelion-rebuild-robot-damashii-revised-p-1304.html

i would like to order it.

For those who have not seen the damashii evas yet.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/hacchaka2/archives/51608518.html

http://blog.livedoor.jp/hacchaka/archives/51527930.html
ANATA BAKA !?

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby insomniac » Sun May 30, 2010 1:38 am

IMO, the Robot Damashiis are the best Eva figures released so far. They really capture the humanoid feel of the Evas, and the level fo articulation is just mind blowing.

I gave up on Revoltech Evas after the gloss coat of my 1.0 Version Eva-01 started melting.

It's pretty ridiculous that Eva-00 is made an exclusive, especially since the 1.0 version hasn't been released before. And at an outrageous price tag of 5,040 yen too!

I guess any chance of getting a Robot Damashii Eva-03 is gone, if even Eva-00 is an exclusive.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Sun May 30, 2010 1:48 am

View Original Postinsomniac wrote:It's pretty ridiculous that Eva-00 is made an exclusive, especially since the 1.0 version hasn't been released before. And at an outrageous price tag of 5,040 yen too!.

i translated bandai page, and there it says, that stores outside of web will contain diferent product, so its possible that the missiles and gatling gun is web exclusive while commons stores get only unit 00.
anyway, i really want the web exclusive for the gatling gun alone for my unit 1
ANATA BAKA !?

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby insomniac » Sun May 30, 2010 2:13 am

From what I understand, it will only be sold in the following stores outside of the Damashii Web Store.
「EVANGELION STORE」(http://www.evastore.jp/)
「GAINAX ONLINE SHOP」(http://www2.gainax.co.jp/shop/index.cgi)
「EVANGELION STORE yahoo!店」(http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/evastore/index.html)

It will come with different packaging, but other than packaging, there won't be any difference in the actual product.

EVA X
Lilith

Postby EVA X » Sun May 30, 2010 11:47 pm

It's a shame they're making the Eva Unit 0 Kai an exclusive....again. -_-

Then again, that's Bandai for ya, butt raping the international fans in the masses.

Longinus92
Embryo

Postby Longinus92 » Mon May 31, 2010 6:17 am

Looks cash.

EVA X
Lilith

Postby EVA X » Mon May 31, 2010 10:55 am

It still boggles my mind.

What do they accomplish here? Is it that Unit 0 Kai isn't marketable to the masses? That can't be it...it just can't be. It's one of the titular Evas, piloted by one of the main characters.

I sometimes get the feeling they do this, to simply and only piss fans off.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Mon May 31, 2010 3:08 pm

View Original PostEVA X wrote:It still boggles my mind.

What do they accomplish here? Is it that Unit 0 Kai isn't marketable to the masses? That can't be it...it just can't be. It's one of the titular Evas, piloted by one of the main characters.

I sometimes get the feeling they do this, to simply and only piss fans off.

i think it is the colour, cos the blue one was always hard to find, and i liked it better, but the yellow gray and white works for me on rebuild.
If kai is not marketible they should just add some Rei acessory, like gendos glasses smartelly in scale with another company figure,or anything rei-ish, it would be instant sale.
ANATA BAKA !?

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby insomniac » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:14 am

I pre-ordered mine. :w00:

Maybe now I'll have some incentive to buy the Revoltech Operation Yashima set to go with it. (Assuming it's roughly the same scale)

The Fourth Evangelion
Adam

Postby The Fourth Evangelion » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:19 am

Those hips are teribble imho...
I like the old Eva's better since they look more muscular. The new ones have a big body and the limps are to small while the old Eva's had a broader torso. That they're designed as they are now, really ticklesme off....
http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=9237
Go here, and read the story in which UNIT-04 finally shines!

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:58 am

View Original Postinsomniac wrote:I pre-ordered mine. :w00:

Maybe now I'll have some incentive to buy the Revoltech Operation Yashima set to go with it. (Assuming it's roughly the same scale)

They are, i saw pictures of people posing RD eva 01 with the positron rifle, dont know if the shield will work with eva 00 though, as it says it is designed to work with revo, but i guess the handle must work with both.
ANATA BAKA !?

ReiearthBlue
Embryo

Postby ReiearthBlue » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:38 am

The Mari figma is available for Pre-order, looks like its set to release in october.
"You'll excuse me if I'm not convinced that the motivations of Kaworu from canon are the same as the motivations of Kaworu, slayer of kittens."- Azathoth

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”