Eva Action Figures (including Rebuild) [1]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
EVA X
Lilith

Postby EVA X » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:07 pm

darthikari wrote:Sorry to burst the bubble, but the zuriel figure in the pic above is gashapon-sized. I saw the whole ad in an issue of Hobby Japan the other day, and it's part of a collection of capsule toys that include evas 00,01,02, and 03. On a happier note, there will be several kubrick sets coming, including super-kawaii versions of zuriel in all four "modes"- coccoon, ribbon-arm, giant mouth, and half-GNR.

Darn...

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:54 pm

i'm really interested in getting the damashi version, my 02 revoltech just came but the damashi looks superior, i'll get them when they are available
ANATA BAKA !?

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:44 pm

bladerj wrote:i'm really interested in getting the damashi version, my 02 revoltech just came but the damashi looks superior, i'll get them when they are available

I hear ya. There are some poses that the Revoltech Unit 02 simply cant seem to copy that the Robot Damashii version can do. Also the Robot Damashii version of Unit 02 seems to come with the Lightning Lance. You know that rifle bayonet weapon that Mari uses on Zereul before being blown away?

Got to get that! :toothy:

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:08 am

thats not lightning lance, its the needle rifle (same object tough),yeah i saw the proto and the damashi kit comes with everything the revo doesnt, like the knifes instead of buying another kit just to get it.

http://blog.hobbystock.jp/report/2009/10/tp0224.html

and they anounced eva 01 too, not much is show besides the eva but one picture spoiled a AT field breaching to come with it. :w00:
ANATA BAKA !?

Kaz
Embryo

Postby Kaz » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:15 pm

^Unit 02 looks sooooo good. I mean, damn!
These probably cost like an hundred bucks though... So I think i'll pass this time.
BTW, do you guys know any sites the ship Revoltechs to Asia, or more specifically, Israel? Except eBay and Play-Asia.

darthikari
Adam

Postby darthikari » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:40 pm

just got my eva 02, 05(movie version), and awakened 01 off of Amazon.com the other day. The florecent orange on the 01 gave me an idea, so I took a couple of pics of it under a blacklight...

first with a flash...

[img][URL=http://img31.imageshack.us/i/dsc02577u.jpg/]Image[/URL]
[/img]

then without...

[img][URL=http://img7.imageshack.us/i/dsc02585iv.jpg/]Image[/URL]
[/img]

pretty awsome,no?
"I've had recurring nightmares, that I was loved for who I am, and missed the opportunity to be a better man..."

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:49 pm

Mmkay, so I know there's the good idea of RTFT (Read The Fucking Thread) which I've done, but I still feel confused by the 2 versions out there of the awakened-version Eva-01 figure.

I know one is a Revoltech and one is by some other company (as well as the fact one version is more expensive than the other: One's about $25 or so, the other's about $40 to $60 IIRC), but could somebody please type up a post that discusses which version awakened Eva-01 figure is overall "better" than the other: the cheaper version or the more expensive one?

I might buy one of them at some point, but I'm not sure which one is more "worth it" considering the cost.

Thanks!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

felineki
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby felineki » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:42 pm

The non Revoltech one would be the SOC Spec. Those are the ones where you can remove all of the armor. Here's a link that has plenty of pics of the Spec awakened Eva-01.

EVA X
Lilith

Postby EVA X » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:39 pm

darthikari wrote:just got my eva 02, 05(movie version), and awakened 01 off of Amazon.com the other day. The florecent orange on the 01 gave me an idea, so I took a couple of pics of it under a blacklight...

first with a flash...
SPOILER: Show

[img][URL=http://img31.imageshack.us/i/dsc02577u.jpg/]Image[/URL]
[/img]

then without...

[img][URL=http://img7.imageshack.us/i/dsc02585iv.jpg/]Image[/URL]
[/img]

pretty awsome,no?

Awesome indeed, but...those hands just MURDER the figures for me. I don't see why they would change it from the revo wrist joint. Ok...so it looks more smooth and flows better. But with that, you sacrifice good strong wrists, that can hold weapons, and handle many poses.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:11 pm

Kaz wrote:^Unit 02 looks sooooo good. I mean, damn!
These probably cost like an hundred bucks though... So I think i'll pass this time.
BTW, do you guys know any sites the ship Revoltechs to Asia, or more specifically, Israel? Except eBay and Play-Asia.

Israel moved to asia now ? Those damash robot are only 9 -10 bucks more expensive then the revoltech, definitely worth it. those spec stuff that are quite expensive, but they have die cast.
ANATA BAKA !?

Jesterhead
Adam

Postby Jesterhead » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:35 pm

Electric Sachiel wrote:
I hear ya. There are some poses that the Revoltech Unit 02 simply cant seem to copy that the Robot Damashii version can do. Also the Robot Damashii version of Unit 02 seems to come with the Lightning Lance. You know that rifle bayonet weapon that Mari uses on Zereul before being blown away?

Any sauce on the Lightning Lance? All I've seen Unit-02 with is the two prog knives and the crossbow that Asuka used.

I know I'll be getting all of these regardless lol.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:18 pm

Jesterhead wrote:
Electric Sachiel wrote:

Any sauce on the Lightning Lance? All I've seen Unit-02 with is the two prog knives and the crossbow that Asuka used.

kaworu eva problably if its ever made, but only expect that when the next movie is released, since not even revoltech got to build it.

btw......i just opened my eva02 box, and man......what a disapointment, i knew it was small, but, its sooooo smalll, you guys clearly have girly hands.
ANATA BAKA !?

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:29 pm

Jesterhead wrote:

In early photos shown back in August and September at the Wonderfest (toy show in Japan) all of Unit 02's accessories were shown in detail. These included that Lightning Lance (Gun with spear) accessory. Something the Revoltech figure doesn't have. Take a look at this link and you'll see the picture of the accessories. Sourced from Hobbystock Japan's blog.

[url]http://blog.hobbystock.jp/report/2009/10/tp0224.html[/url]

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Mmkay, so I know there's the good idea of RTFT (Read The Fucking Thread) which I've done, but I still feel confused by the 2 versions out there of the awakened-version Eva-01 figure.

I know one is a Revoltech and one is by some other company (as well as the fact one version is more expensive than the other: One's about $25 or so, the other's about $40 to $60 IIRC), but could somebody please type up a post that discusses which version awakened Eva-01 figure is overall "better" than the other: the cheaper version or the more expensive one?

I might buy one of them at some point, but I'm not sure which one is more "worth it" considering the cost.

Thanks!

I see. Well there are many pros and cons to both figures that will undoubtedly force you to think it through a bit more. There are two "Awakening" Eva Unit 01 figures currently on the market right now.

The Bandai Chogokin Unit 01 Spec Awakening version and the Revoltech Awakening Unit 01 figure. Both have very different price points for obvious reasons. The Bandai figure is made out of diecast armour pieces and core body. While the Revoltech figure is all plastic and pvc material.

The following Pros and Cons for each figure.

Bandai Chogokin Eva Unit 01 Awakening:

Pros:

-Its Metal and therefore shiny
-Larger more sturdy figure-good joints that arent too fragile
-Working entry plug in spine
-NERV HQ Pyramid included (acts as a figure stand)
-Nice details in Unit 01's teeth
-Unit 01's red core is exposed and looks fantastic
-The Eva can be displayed with or without its amour restraints

Cons:

-More expensive than the Revoltech figure (Be prepared to spend over $70
-The body shape of the Eva is not film accurate and looks more akin to the Eva designs from the original NGE (broad shoulders and skinny torso)
-The Eva's eyes are not bulging enough like in the film
-Armour pieces obscure the teeth too much-makes the figure look like an old man with shrivelled up lips.
-Somewhat top heavy and can pose a problem with posing
-The Halo is a bit small and seems to look more like crystal or glass than a halo
-The glowing AT field arm is there but cannot be detached. No accessories to show an armless battle damaged Unit 01
-Armour restricts movement and poseability for the figure signifcantly
-It is not as flexible as the Revoltechs that’s for sure!!!

Revoltech Unit 01 “Awakening Version”:

Pros:
-A film accurate depiction of Unit 01 with correct proportions in the eyes, torso and rest of the body
-Features great poseability options thanks to the Revoltech joints
-Comes with a wide range of accessories (pallet gun, umbilical cable, halo, extra hands, stand, eye laser beam, extra head, storage container for storing said accessories)
-Extra arms to show Unit 01 with its AT field arm and cut off arm
-Features awesome grosteque teeth showing beyond the armour bindings.
-Is relatively small and takes up little space on your shelf or desk
-Despite its size features great looking sculpting details
-Shiny thanks to nice paint jobs.

Cons:
-Figure can be somewhat fragile especially its horn and shoulder bindings
-Does not feature Unit 01’s red core
-Some paintslop and paint job details can vary in quality from figure to figure
-Somewhat top heavy and is hard to pose in standing position without stand

bladerj wrote:kaworu eva problably if its ever made, but only expect that when the next movie is released, since not even revoltech got to build it.
btw......i just opened my eva02 box, and man......what a disapointment, i knew it was small, but, its sooooo smalll, you guys clearly have girly hands.

You clearly have never dealt with Japanese gashapon figures before. The Japanese collector prefers small figures anyways. I would say the sculpting and poseability is still great so whats to complain about? Girly hands? I suppose you have bear paws for hands? :lol:
Last edited by Electric Sachiel on Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:39 pm

Electric Sachiel"][quote="Jesterhead wrote:

You clearly have never dealt with Japanese gashapon figures before. The Japanese collector prefers small figures anyways. I would say the sculpting and poseability is still great so whats to complain about? Girly hands? I suppose you have bear paws for hands? :lol:

Thats true after those planes, this is my first Japanese toy,but i mean all reviews with hands made the figure look bigger, either that or mine came with the head squished, becouse its the only complaint i have the head is too thin, i got lucky cos mine the paint is superb, no smuges or mispaint, well a little out of the mark line on the arm but at least its uniform so it doesnt look like a mistake.
ANATA BAKA !?

Jesterhead
Adam

Postby Jesterhead » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:45 pm

Thanks for the like ES, all of Unit-02's extras look great!!!

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:31 pm

So, owners of uni02 i have a question, is the head really that thin ?
also was the middle torso suposed to be that loose ?
ANATA BAKA !?

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:49 pm

felineki and Electric Sachiel: Thanks for your input, it helped! ^_^

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:16 am

bladerj wrote:So, owners of uni02 i have a question, is the head really that thin ?
also was the middle torso suposed to be that loose ?

Well.....generally Unit 02 and other figures in the Eva Revoltech toy line do have heads that are of similar width. There should be nothing wrong with it. If you need to have a comparison between the figure you have and the one i have take a look at the review i posted in this thread a bit earlier. It should give you more in-sight into whether or not the head is still thin or not.

Also as for the torso....i guess you mean the white piece that covers the revoltech joint for the figure's mid-section. Yeah its supposed to be that lose. All the new Eva Revoltech figures that have come out recently to promote Evangelion 2.0 have this loosey goosey piece. Its supposed to be lose to provide for more articulation while obscuring the revoltech joint and preserving the overall sleek look of the Eva.

You can see from the pics below that the earlier Revoltech Unit 02 Evas didnt have this extra piece to cover the Revoltech joint. Thus the joint sticks out like a sore thumb.

Electric Sachiel"]Hey everyone. Recently got my grubby little mitts on a new Eva 2.0 Unit 02. I'll do a mini-review here and now to show you some of what the set offers.

The new Unit 02 in the box
I used the old Unit 02 revoltechs as a comparison.

Hacking into the box. Free her my prettys.... :boingy:

The Contents of the Set

Comparison Unit 02 revoltechs that Kaiyodo has released in the pastImage

The first Eva Unit 02 revoltech released had the Gainax copyright.

Surprise surprise the new Eva 2.0 Unit 02 has the Khara studios copyright.

Eva Unit 02 with jet pack.
ImageImageImageImage

NGE Unit 02 and End of Evangelion Unit 02 flank Rebuild Unit 02Image

Review Details:

Overall the figure is a nice piece of toy to be had. The new figure has many more details than the previous revoltech Unit 02 releases. THe figure is also much lighter than previous releases. I find the new joints in the foot to be both a godsend and a pain. The joints on the toes are somewhat loose and with the figure already being so light and lanky its somewhat hard to pose it without it falling over. Interestingly enough after attaching the jetpack pylons the additonal weight allows for greater stability and prevents the figure from toppling as much as it did before.
I love how you can swap out the shoulder pylons thanks to a little peg located just behind the arm. It allows for quick easy swapping of the jetpack pylons and the regular shoulder pylons.

The rest of the figure is great. You have your standard revoltech joints that allow for the awesome posing and it still works great on this release.
No real problems to mention.

The sculpt for Unit 02 seems spot on to its movie counterpart. In the coming days i'll see if i can recreate a few poses that mimick the look and feel of Unit 02 from the new Evangelion 2.0 film.

Worries:

The plastic used in some places can seem a bit brittle. Especially the joints that hold the toes to the foot. The pegs that allow for the shoulder pylons to be attached are also a worry. Too much is at stake for them to break, if it so ever happens in the future. With broken toes the Figure will have trouble standing. And with broken pegs on its shoulders, the pylons would simply not fit anymore.

I hope nothing bad happens to my copy of the figure. Extra caution should be exercised when trying to move those parts when posing the figure.

Verdict:

I think at its price, I paid the equivalent of $42 US dollars for this thing and personally i think its worth it. Although very delicate, it comes with a variety of accessories and weapons and with it being able to pose in many different film accurate positions its a great figure to own.

I recommend it if your looking for a cool Eva figure from the new Eva 2.0 film. Just be careful when posing the toes and the pylons and you should be alright. Its fun to play with.

[quote="Sailor Star Dust wrote:
felineki and Electric Sachiel: Thanks for your input, it helped! ^_^

No problem. Glad it helped a lot. Just curious, but after looking through the links and my post, which figure are you leaning towards getting? The Revoltech Unit 01 or the Bandai Chogokin Unit 01?

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:40 am

Rebuild Unit-02 looks so awesome!
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:09 pm

Electric Sachiel: I'm probably going to order the Revoltech Eva-01 because she's cheaper and more film accurate than her pricier counterpart. Dunno when I'd order her (summer maybe?) I just hope Amazon will have it and such, though if she's at Fanime for a decent price I might nab her there.

My main concern is that because the Revoltech Asuka I have had an arm and leg come off (I didn't even move her in a weird way or anything!), the Webuild Revoltech Eva-01 would be just as fragile. Hopefully this would could be taken better care of.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”