The Manga DVD menus: Who made 'em?

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

The Manga DVD menus: Who made 'em?

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:20 am

Okay, so I know the Manga Entertainment releases of the original Eva movies catch a lot of crap around here (sometimes deservedly so, sometimes, dare I suggest it, maybe not so much), but I think even the most hardened critic would have to admit that the DVD menus for these releases are, to say the least, some impressive pieces of work. They're little works of art all on their own, and I've yet to see any other DVD menu that ousts them for sheer impact. But what I'm wondering - and have never been able to find out - is: who was responsible for designing them? Someone at Manga? One of AWL's associates? I've never been able to figure this out. Whoever it is, I'd love to see what else they've done. That's some talent, right there.
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a regular on an Evangelion forum would be a self-hating mess." - Tarnsman, paraphrased

"Jesus Christ, why are we even still talking about this shit?" - The Eva Monkey, summing up Evageeks in a sentence

Avatar: The Frozen Flame ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:27 pm

I'm actually curious about this as well. IIRC, Manga made several really nice DVD menus around this time.
[Became an administrator on July 1st, 2006.]

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:45 pm

IIRC, at the very end of the end credits, there are some brief credits of Manga personnel specifically concerning the R1 DVD release
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”