Official Welcome Thread : Jun 21, 2004 to Nov 13, 2010

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

T.G. Cid
Embryo

Postby T.G. Cid » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:31 am

I'm new. Long-time lurker. First-time caller. Big fan.
"...so in conclusion, the Great Gatsby was just a great big love triangle."

Byrosin
Embryo

Postby Byrosin » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:12 pm

Hi.

Maka
Embryo

Postby Maka » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:28 am

I'm excited to start posting here, and perhaps at some point build some iota of a reputation.

Oh, also, I'm here because all other Eva fansites are full of pretentious jerks.
FFFFFFFFFFFF

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:30 am

View Original PostMaka wrote:Oh, also, I'm here because all other Eva fansites are full of pretentious jerks.

*points to first link in signature*

Not all of them, I assure you. We're quite tame.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Maka
Embryo

Postby Maka » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:42 am

View Original PostAngelNo13Bardiel wrote:*points to first link in signature*

Not all of them, I assure you. We're quite tame.

I'll check it out. I've only really had exposure to this place and some other place (Apparently it's censored, for good reason I guess), which left an enormously bad taste in my mouth.
FFFFFFFFFFFF

ran1
Banned

Postby ran1 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:46 am

View Original PostMaka wrote:I'm excited to start posting here, and perhaps at some point build some iota of a reputation.

Oh, also, I'm here because all other Eva fansites are full of pretentious jerks.

I'm one of the last holdouts of the uber-prententious artfag-crowd. The vast majority of them are digging trenches in the Finnish Wilderness.

Anyway, welcome aboard.
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:46 pm

View Original PostMaka wrote:I'm excited to start posting here, and perhaps at some point build some iota of a reputation.

Don't be.

If you had lurked more, you would have realized EGF has the most (pretentious) jerks per capita of any internet forum.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:44 pm

Welcome, new people! I hope you enjoy all this place has to offer.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

BeoX2
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby BeoX2 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:54 pm

Hey guys, just joined up. Evangelion has certainly been an experience for me, and I'm glad that I finally found a place to discuss it openly. This site's wiki has helped me with my understanding of the universe, and my own mind has spent many an hour pondering exactly what kind of message Eva plays. I'm looking forward to being a member of this site, and hope that I can contribute to it positively.

PS: My signature is not from Eva, I'll admit. But I'm still on the fence about which show I love more.
"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with his experience."

Tails_night
Embryo

Postby Tails_night » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:52 pm

Hi I'm new to any evangelion forum, this is my first, btu I've been a long time fan of the entirety of the series.

You should know my favorite character(s) Right of the bat are, Kaworu Nagisa, Kyoji( the pervert if I remember right), and Rei Ayanami.

My favorite unit was 00, then I saw Unit 01, then that became my favorite. Currently, I'm liking the designs and look of Unit-06.

I'm glad to have found this, wether it's full of jerks or not, at least there will be people to discuss this anime on without having to stop tell everyone to grab a bag of popcorn and a good ole cup of LCL and tell the story to.

Guilt & Innocence
Lilith

Postby Guilt & Innocence » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:36 pm

I just joined, watched Evangelion when It came on Adult swim. My favorite episode was 19. Hello to all!
Will the darkness in their hearts be purified?
"Rawr *Chomp Chomp* RawR *Chomp* *swallow*" - Yui Ikari

"Let's analyze this, if I were to run away, where the fuck would I go?" - Shinji Ikari Gag dub

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:38 pm

View Original PostBrikHaus wrote:If you had lurked more, you would have realized EGF has the most (pretentious) jerks per capita of any internet forum.
You know you love us.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:18 pm

View Original PostEva Yojimbo wrote:You know you love us.

I am one.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

rebecca_kalista
Embryo

Postby rebecca_kalista » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:28 pm

Hello!

I'm rebecca_kalista. I discovered Evangelion in December 2007 and saying it changed my life wouldn't be an exaggeration. My other major fandoms are Haruhi Suzumiya and, more recently, Gurren Lagann.

I write and draw a lot, am currently thinking of making an Evangelion doujin with a friend, and basically came here because I discovered an error in the wiki and found out it couldn't be edited without an account. Dakara, here I am.
Also, I collect badges and write fanfiction. I'm also a magic searcher (aka, I study magic (the paranormal one), the way it works, etc.), an art student (I'm aiming to become an animator) and lots of other things (including a geek).

I... don't think there's much to add. Yoroshiku?

Guilt & Innocence
Lilith

Postby Guilt & Innocence » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:45 pm

View Original Postrebecca_kalista wrote:Hello!

I'm rebecca_kalista. I discovered Evangelion in December 2007 and saying it changed my life wouldn't be an exaggeration. My other major fandoms are Haruhi Suzumiya and, more recently, Gurren Lagann.

I write and draw a lot, am currently thinking of making an Evangelion doujin with a friend, and basically came here because I discovered an error in the wiki and found out it couldn't be edited without an account. Dakara, here I am.
Also, I collect badges and write fanfiction. I'm also a magic searcher (aka, I study magic (the paranormal one), the way it works, etc.), an art student (I'm aiming to become an animator) and lots of other things (including a geek).

I... don't think there's much to add. Yoroshiku?

Be very careful, one wrong move and you are screwed, like using a Ouiji board for example...[/u]
Will the darkness in their hearts be purified?
"Rawr *Chomp Chomp* RawR *Chomp* *swallow*" - Yui Ikari

"Let's analyze this, if I were to run away, where the fuck would I go?" - Shinji Ikari Gag dub

oOoOoOo
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby oOoOoOo » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:15 pm

rebecca_kalista_chaaaan, I can't believe you're real! ^______^
~ O-chan is soooo 2D right now.

Gamer137
Adam

Postby Gamer137 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:49 am

Hello there everyone. Since I am in the middle of re watching Eva while I wait for my copy of 2.22 to arrive to me (that's a lot of 'to' sounds :P), I finally decided to look for a fan site to chat on. I'm actually amazed I found a decent sized English one. How did I not find this sooner?

I have been a huge Eva head ever since I first started watching the series. My younger brother tried watching it on Adult Swim, but he could not tolerate it. My interested actually started when I thought Asuka was cute (I was thirteen at the time :blush:). But then I realized how deep it was and have now recognized it as my favorite story. I would not consider myself a major analysis, an item collector, or cosplayer, but I do love learning new things about the series and even after five or so full viewings, I always find some new detail each new viewing.

Anyway, I hope to have fun chatting with you guys and look forward to finally speaking about Eva with someone. Let's just say my friends and family stereotype against Japanese media ever since seeing some news report with hentai involved.

rebecca_kalista
Embryo

Postby rebecca_kalista » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:52 am

Guilt & Innocence wrote:Be very careful, one wrong move and you are screwed, like using a Ouiji board for example...[/u]

Oh oh oh... *maniacal laughter*
Don't worry about it. Spirits can be pretty powerful and all, especially when using Ouija... but we're already all completely and utterly crazy in my AT-Field-partitioned body anyway. In other words, Ouiji won't make me lose the sanity I still have, but rather transform my insanity into something... weirder? Hey, gotta test this stuff!
... Then again. I've got no other magic practitioner around. Sucks to be alone when trying Ouija.

oOoOoOo wrote:rebecca_kalista_chaaaan, I can't believe you're real! ^______^

Oh come on, of course I'm real. *poke poke*

Gamer137 wrote:My interested actually started when I thought Asuka was cute (I was thirteen at the time ). But then I realized how deep it was and have now recognized it as my favorite story. I would not consider myself a major analysis, an item collector, or cosplayer, but I do love learning new things about the series and even after five or so full viewings, I always find some new detail each new viewing.

Anyway, I hope to have fun chatting with you guys and look forward to finally speaking about Eva with someone. Let's just say my friends and family stereotype against Japanese media ever since seeing some news report with hentai involved.

I first watched Evangelion for episode 8 (the scene where Asuka forces Shinji into her red plug-suit), because I enjoy gender games - I'd actually been searching for this scene for years because I'd heard about it on some random forum but couldn't find the anime's name.
I then realized it was apparently a good anime (upon watching the whole episode), and figured I might as well watch it from beginning to end considering the fact I had a full torrent. It happened a few days before Christmas, and what first shocked me in it was Misato's final speech. Somehow, it made me realize that my choices were as valid as any, and I ended up leaving my college for alternative paths. I'm not sure I'd have had the strength to do it that "easily" if it hadn't been for that.

And yeah, I'm still geeking Evangelion. I think I'm starting to really understand the canon, but I still get illuminations from time to time, so... :D

Here in France, looots of people have bad a prioris about manga because it's considered to be violent, aimed for young people and basically dangerous et all because it's from a foreign and different culture. [sarcasm]We are a country of great people.[/sarcasm]
So yeah, I know what you're talking about. *hug*

... Hey, makes me realize. My first post lacks something capital, needed in any presentation post ever. LINKS!
Hope nobody will mind... ^^"
Deviantart account (contains art.)
LiveJournal homepage (contains magic theory, creative writing and stuff about my life.)
Twitter account (where I talk about stuff at times.)
FanFiction.net account (contains... fanfiction, you guessed it!)
TV Tropes profile (contains lots of data about me. Don't hesitate to click the shiny blue links... but I'm not responsible for the chronophagia they'll probably induce.)

Gamer137
Adam

Postby Gamer137 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:17 am

I first watched Evangelion for episode 8 (the scene where Asuka forces Shinji into her red plug-suit), because I enjoy gender games - I'd actually been searching for this scene for years because I'd heard about it on some random forum but couldn't find the anime's name.
I then realized it was apparently a good anime (upon watching the whole episode), and figured I might as well watch it from beginning to end considering the fact I had a full torrent. It happened a few days before Christmas, and what first shocked me in it was Misato's final speech. Somehow, it made me realize that my choices were as valid as any, and I ended up leaving my college for alternative paths. I'm not sure I'd have had the strength to do it that "easily" if it hadn't been for that.

And yeah, I'm still geeking Evangelion. I think I'm starting to really understand the canon, but I still get illuminations from time to time, so... :D

Here in France, looots of people have bad a prioris about manga because it's considered to be violent, aimed for young people and basically dangerous et all because it's from a foreign and different culture. [sarcasm]We are a country of great people.[/sarcasm]
So yeah, I know what you're talking about. *hug*

... Hey, makes me realize. My first post lacks something capital, needed in any presentation post ever. LINKS!
Hope nobody will mind... ^^"
Deviantart account (contains art.)
LiveJournal homepage (contains magic theory, creative writing and stuff about my life.)
Twitter account (where I talk about stuff at times.)
FanFiction.net account (contains... fanfiction, you guessed it!)
TV Tropes profile (contains lots of data about me. Don't hesitate to click the shiny blue links... but I'm not responsible for the chronophagia they'll probably induce.)

Hey, another newbie! :yippee:

Well you shared yours so here it goes. I guess that helps my theory about everyone having some kind of revelation after watching the series in a serious manner. I was Catholic like most of my family before I watched Eva actually. But then as I was researching the series more in-depth and, in tandem with other stuff at the time, I think it caused my to turn away on my faith and made me Agnostic. Thankfully it was before my Confirmation ceremony. Glad to here you found the ability to make your own choices.

That final speech was touching though.

Nagisa-Akurei
Embryo

Postby Nagisa-Akurei » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:52 am

Hello, everyone.

I've been a lurker here for a while now, and decided it's time I finally popped up and said hello, at the very least.

Evangelion was, honest to God, my first anime, ever. Though it was the dubbed version and I didn't 'get' any of it, and EoE made me mad as hell, and I swore never to watch it again. ...Then I watched it again.

Fast-forward, and here we are, and I'm hardlining Rebuild like a junkie. D: Anno, you bastard.
Omnia illa et ante fiebant
Omnia illa et rursus fient
Ita dicimus omnes.

Return to “Old Stickies”