Evangelion Pic Thread 9: Pen-Pen's Playhouse [use spoilers]

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:12 pm

(Quote and preceding post removed on request)

I am not advocating anything creepy, so speak for yourself. I mean, the ageism, macking on teenagers, "but they're really 29 so it's totally okay!" (which doesn't get you an out for either Rei, btw) are definitely creepy, but that's why I brought in the snark to begin with.
Last edited by Bagheera on Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:04 pm

(Preceding post and quotes removed on request)

Nice try, but you didn't say you didn't like her because she wasn't cute. You said you didn't like her because she's old. No takebacks! :tongue:

Well, of course it would be. You know full well it didn't happen out of the blue at all. You should also know He didn't hear Misato cheering him on, since she had no way to communicate with him at the time.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:33 pm

Wait 'till you're 40. Then you'll think she's hot as hell and wonder why you ever thought pubescent girls with mental problems held any sex appeal whatsoever.

Twenty-somethings will always be hot, though.

Grand Duke of Yashima
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Grand Duke of Yashima » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:25 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Wait 'till you're 40. Then you'll think she's hot as hell and wonder why you ever thought pubescent girls with mental problems held any sex appeal whatsoever.

I'm 46 and I can say that is a true observation.
EVA Fan Fiction: The Blue Rose Saga

https://www.facebook.com/EvangelionTheBlueRose

"The power of the Evangelion is the power of love"

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:32 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Wait 'till you're 40. Then you'll think she's hot as hell and wonder why you ever thought pubescent girls with mental problems held any sex appeal whatsoever.

Can confirm, early twenty-somethings are like annoying children to me.

Also Q Misato's commanding presence is hot and much more appealing than her bubbly persona which is actually pretty fucked up.

The Cruel
Banned

Postby The Cruel » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:38 pm

(Quote deleted)

Thats what my bosnian merc would say to her when he gets interrogated by her in the 3.0-verse to make her clear how much these 14 years she went trough were a waste and leading a blue-eyed army with a so called "will" such as its name propagandizes is so hypocritical when she pushed Shinji to make an Impact again with her Pseoudo-Gendo behavior and put a fucking bomb on his neck.

I just have to let it out what I think of her in 3.0 and what ever she 'll do in Final, she shoud think twice about it what she 'll do to Shinji, or he 'll go nuts again.
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Sicarius VI » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:26 am

Man (name removed on request) you found another way to get into the same argument, and I am sure the previous one was already on this thread.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Stillborn
Banned

Postby Stillborn » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:38 am

Don't blame him for using a way if there is one. His post makes sense to me :tongue:
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:05 am

View Original PostStillborn wrote:Don't blame him for using a way if there is one. His post makes sense to me :tongue:

Hardly a ringing endorsement . . .

Iuvenal
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Iuvenal » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:20 am

Let's all stop shitting up the picture thread! :)  SPOILER: Show

e: now with more content

Marketing 2100  SPOILER: Show

WHAT THE HELL, RITS? PUT THAT ONE BACK IN THE TANK NOOOOOOOOOO  SPOILER: Show

Pkunk's not dead! Shake yer Rootz!

I carved A +S forever into my left buttock with a pocket knife. My right buttock is dominated by a tattoo of James Brown. - Chuckman

Who did 9/11? The FAR. - Reichu

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:25 am

Rescuing the thread with obligatory Sui_mame stuff

Here be dragons  SPOILER: Show

https://twitter.com/sui_mame/status/628183798891425792
https://twitter.com/sui_mame/status/628203083198148608
https://twitter.com/sui_mame/status/628490977703899137
https://twitter.com/sui_mame/status/628491097103151104

MariYui  SPOILER: Show

https://twitter.com/sui_mame/status/628492035431858176

MariAsu  SPOILER: Show

So Aug 2nd was an interesting day on twitter. Japan, being Japan tries to make the date of some days into events.
Aug 2nd -> 8/2 got transformed into:
Pantsu day, because 8 = hachi -> ha -> pa (that's how kana works, the H* is modified into P* or B*) and 2 = tsu
Bunny day, because 8 = ha -> ba, and 2 = ni
Also just plain 08 and 02, thus MariAsu day.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:39 am

As always, Sui-mame is love. :asukahearts: :marihearts:

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:36 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:
Here be dragons  SPOILER: Show

https://twitter.com/sui_mame/status/628183798891425792
https://twitter.com/sui_mame/status/628203083198148608
https://twitter.com/sui_mame/status/628490977703899137
https://twitter.com/sui_mame/status/628491097103151104

Any particular reason for 02 and 08 to have their pilots swapped?
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:47 am

I dunno, but I'm wondering how, er, Dragon 00 and Dragon 08 breathe, what with not having nostrils and all. 01 and 02 are fantastic, though (as above, so below, eh?).

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:10 pm

They could just breath through their mouths
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Iuvenal
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Iuvenal » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:18 pm

View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:They could just breath through their mouths

Dragons 00 and 08: mouthbreathers :tongue:

I carved A +S forever into my left buttock with a pocket knife. My right buttock is dominated by a tattoo of James Brown. - Chuckman

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:10 pm

View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:They could just breath through their mouths

Obviously, but that's stupid and the other two don't have this problem so it's a rather glaring oversight.

vito
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby vito » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:17 pm

SPOILER: Show

And another Asuka: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=51764676

Iuvenal
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Iuvenal » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:28 pm

I don't know what's going on in my head today:

My train of thought midway through Nobody Dies  SPOILER: Show

I'll even stand here and watch  SPOILER: Show

PREPARE THE EYE BLEACH  SPOILER: Show

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:38 pm

Rescuing the thread with obligatory Sui_mame stuff

DAMMIT MARI! Boundaries! Do not cross them!

Return to “Old Stickies”