Was WWII a Seele Plot?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Winslow Leach
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Winslow Leach » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:25 pm

Sounds an awful lot like SEELE could be inspired by the New World Order theory the conspiracy theorists have been spouting for decades.

Go to any conspiracy website (particularly one run by Alex Jones), a shocking amount of people believe it, the only thing that really defeats it is common sense (no group of human beings could meticulously plan every World War without making some kind of mistake) and the fact that who is responsible changes depending on the storyteller. Some people blame the Jews for it, others blame the Freemasons, still others blame the Skull and Bones, some blame the banks (America: Freedom to Fascism) and some people just blame the wealthy, rich and powerful in general.

It wouldn't surprise if Anno read theories like that at some point or another.

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:47 pm

I'll chime in here:

"Seele" is basically NGE's version of the Illuminati, or FreeMasons. A religious-cult-like, well....Illuminati-like power cabal that are the real ones "pulling the strings" behind international politics. They've been around since at least the end of world war II when they got the Dead Sea Scrolls, and they themselves make unverified claims that they've been around since the time of ancient Egypt.

This will be a hack of a lot easier to explain once that "Angels and Demons" adaptation movie with Illuminati bad guys gets made.

Anyway....were they "behind World War II?"......well, arguably they're behind EVERYTHING. Even things they didn't directly create, they profit from, i.e. if they didn't orchestrate WWII, you know they sure as hell were war profiteers.

Really, they're you're generic Illuminati-esque power cabal.
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Count A'ight
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Count A'ight » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:29 pm

Winslow Leach wrote:Sounds an awful lot like SEELE could be inspired by the New World Order theory the conspiracy theorists have been spouting for decades.

Go to any conspiracy website (particularly one run by Alex Jones), a shocking amount of people believe it, the only thing that really defeats it is common sense

You seem to be forgetting the fact that the conspirators in question have openly admitted their plans. Also this. And this. And this.
If I'm pissing you off, just remember: it was Magami No ER who told me about this place, so blame him/her.

Hazukari
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Hazukari » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:36 pm

though does this mean that SEELE was responsible for the dropping of the bombs on hiroshima and nagasaki and if so was there a praticular reason?
"We are like petals that fall from a blossom tree, we are destined to fall to the ground, yet the wind carries us like fate"

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:01 am

Getting a little off-topic here, aren't we?

Whether or not Seele was responsible for every detail of the war (Like the atom bombings) is not something that can possibly be established given how little we know about them.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby LeoXiao » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:43 pm

I don't think SEELE was so much "behind everything" as "benefiting from it." They seem like a pretty small group, so they would have to go along with the flow to at least a certain extent.

on a crazy note, maybe the nuking of Japan was the first attempt to initiate 2I?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:00 pm

LeoXiao wrote:on a crazy note, maybe the nuking of Japan was the first attempt to initiate 2I?

What does America dropping nuclear bombs onto Japan have to do, remotely, with NGE's "impacts"?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby LeoXiao » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:40 am

Reichu wrote:What does America dropping nuclear bombs onto Japan have to do, remotely, with NGE's "impacts"?

Doesn't Japan have the other cave with the Angel (or something else of Evangelic nature) stuck in it? maybe SEELE was trying to set that place off or something but misread their scrolls.

Or maybe, I just wasn't paying very good attention.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:53 am

Seele need Lilith (the one located under Japan). They probably don't want to blow her up -- not that dropping atomic bombs over the Black Moon would blow her up anyway.

In fact, since Seele don't start excavating until the 21st century, odds are they only detected the Black Moon's location not long before that.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby The Imperialist » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:09 pm

Just saying something from the past I mentioned before, but Matsushiro was the sight of the underground (unfinished) complex of the Daihonei (Imperial General Head Quarters) when it was thought that military staffs should evacuate from the original Daihonei. It may just have some connection.
I feel old

Rommel
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Rommel » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:29 pm

I like this theory. In fact, I've said before that given some of the deep influences of mysticism and the occult in Nazi ideology it's rather plausible if not downright probable. For example there's things like the Thule society that preceded the Nazi party and all the Black Sun and Swastika symbolism. Definitely some room in there for Kabala stuff, maybe even as a counter point.

Which begs the question ... what if Hitler was right? A lot of the irrational hatred of Jews stemmed from these "new world order" fears in Germany. Seele is clearly a new world order type group and so is the UN. So what if the Nazi's knew about Seele and were trying to eradicate it?

Of course this is purely contextual within the Eva universe. It doesn't have anything to do with the actual Holocaust.

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:32 pm

"Evangelion: Because Hitler was right."

Remember children, if you don't kill all the Jews, a blue-haired boob lady will turn us all into orange drink and fuse our minds into Jesus.

Holy Diver
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Holy Diver » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:25 pm

Rommel wrote:I like this theory. In fact, I've said before that given some of the deep influences of mysticism and the occult in Nazi ideology it's rather plausible if not downright probable. For example there's things like the Thule society that preceded the Nazi party and all the Black Sun and Swastika symbolism. Definitely some room in there for Kabala stuff, maybe even as a counter point.

Which begs the question ... what if Hitler was right? A lot of the irrational hatred of Jews stemmed from these "new world order" fears in Germany. Seele is clearly a new world order type group and so is the UN. So what if the Nazi's knew about Seele and were trying to eradicate it?

Of course this is purely contextual within the Eva universe. It doesn't have anything to do with the actual Holocaust.

Ironically Hitler tried to form his own world order and became the very thing that the German people dreaded.

I like the idea of the Nazis being Seele's opposition during this time period.

Imagine, Nazis vs. Eva units. A good merchandising idea if I ever saw one.
Deus Io Vult! (God wills it!)
"Get your ass in gear!" Asuka

"Catdog has an S2 engine in his stomach. He does not need to eat, and whatever he does eat is reacted with antimatter to provide endless energy." Ruthlessly stolen from anon.

MatrixRefugee
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MatrixRefugee » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:47 pm

Holy Diver wrote:I like the idea of the Nazis being Seele's opposition during this time period.

Hm... Gives me a few ideas for the fanfic I'm working on...

Imagine, Nazis vs. Eva units. A good merchandising idea if I ever saw one.

OOOH!! Would make a great fan-manga/doujinshi!!!! Want!
My Anime List profile || DarkScribes page

Avatar: At least the wintry gent is smiling a bit, instead of facepalming...

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:00 am

My god, MP Evas powered by Nazi ubermensch souls with Hitler Youth as pilots.

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:32 am

This is probably a good time to recommend reading Foucault's Pendulum again.

Reichu, will you be at Anime Central this year? I was thinking of having one of them "Evangelion" panels.

Dr. Nick
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:12 am

Holy Diver wrote:Imagine, Nazis vs. Eva units. A good merchandising idea if I ever saw one.

And the final boss will be Nazi Rahxephon.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:02 pm

AuraTwilight wrote:My god, MP Evas powered by Nazi ubermensch souls with Hitler Youth as pilots.

Kensuke: "You mean Eva Unit 2?"
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:37 pm

Toji: "Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayumn."

Hikari: *snap snap*

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby The Imperialist » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:17 pm

Nazis may as well as have been part (a slightly bizzare offshoot) of the SEELE organisation. Along with the communist revolutions and other extremist groups as a way to keep the slightly ignorant people on their tip-toes.
I feel old

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”