Is there any proof that AT fields are 360 barriers?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:40 am

i'm not sure about that...
however, if you look at the at field in EoE projected by unit 02, it seems to be somewhat spherical, even though you cant see it from the side...
sorry i dont have any screen shots...

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:25 pm

sadsadshinji wrote:i'm not sure about that...
however, if you look at the at field in EoE projected by unit 02, it seems to be somewhat spherical, even though you cant see it from the side...
sorry i dont have any screen shots...

yeah now you mention it you that's right..but then it may be a trick of the image..
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:41 pm

then again, she never used it to the fullest effect, and only brought it up several times...

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:56 pm

Mabye they can change the shape of the AT feild at there will or somthing?
I wonder if you could stab somthing with the AT feild?
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:17 pm

Dark FireStar wrote:I wonder if you could stab somthing with the AT feild?

what do you mean by this?
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

aranami
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby aranami » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:09 pm

Dark FireStar wrote:Mabye they can change the shape of the AT feild at there will or somthing?
I wonder if you could stab somthing with the AT feild?

I doubt it. But if they put it up at just the right time they might be able to chop off an arm
"Immortality! Take it! It's yours!"

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:07 pm

No, one could stab another with it, ramiel used his as a drill to infitrate nerv.
"We are born, meant to die. If I am to die, then let it be with a sword in my hand, my enemies at my feet, and my blood on my body. Come forward, come forward, come forward! And let us all meet in bloody combat."-The Rose Lord, William Rose.

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:38 am

i dont think it was used as a drill, though he might have used the laser projectile things to power the drill...
his AT field was up around him...

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:44 pm

Around......mabe it was a box [ ] ?
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:53 pm

well...there were some beams from the end, but that seemed more like a projectile, as they were a glowing pink-ish color
so...yea...

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:13 pm

Sooo yeah its a box or what??

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:17 pm

sadsadshinji wrote:i dont think it was used as a drill, though he might have used the laser projectile things to power the drill...
his AT field was up around him...

in the episode i believe that ritsuko says that but not entirley sure though
"We are born, meant to die. If I am to die, then let it be with a sword in my hand, my enemies at my feet, and my blood on my body. Come forward, come forward, come forward! And let us all meet in bloody combat."-The Rose Lord, William Rose.

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:28 pm

she just says that it is a giant drill...
and the at-field most likey is a sphere that can be altered in shape to focus the stopping power in one direction...

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:52 pm

Ohhhh so just think of it as an invisible wall that you can pop up out of nowhere? Mabye.

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:50 pm

out of curiosity, does anyone have daydreams that they can deploy an at field and kick peoples asses that you hate a lot?

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:59 am

no, but i had a dream where i was Shinji, and i was on some giant ice crystal thing with Asuka...it was really screwed up...

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:08 am

I've had dreams where Sahaquiel was really big.

:looks around nervously:

What? It's true. 8)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:52 pm

I've had a feeling that i can fly and theres one where i can do the stabby thing with the A.T. feild.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:18 pm

I've been thinking about this, and generally speaking, an AT Field isn't a reflex, its something that can be manipulated, but generally, its either "on" or "off". To become visible, the AT Field must be agitated in some way, as is seen in when Sachiel fights Unit 01, when Unit 00 attacks Zeruel, when the copy of the lance is thrown at Unit 02, when Unit 00 throws the spear at Arael, etc. In all these cases there is a single (relatively) point of attack/contact. Basically, the attack is directionally, and the resulting visual AT Field contact is directional as well.

However, I believe that the AT Field is like a bubble, or a balloon, and is seen in the case of Unit 01 vs Sachiel and Unit 00 vs Zeruel, when two AT Fields exist are generated in close proximity to each other, and where they are in physical contact with each other, they appear to flatten at the contact point, much like if you were to take two inflated ballons and pressed them against each other. Where the two balloons meet becomes a flat plane, more or less.

The AT Field (in my opinion) conforms (relatively) to the shape of what is generating it, until it is expanded. Take Unit 01 in episode 12 for example, when it is running to catch the falling Angel Sahaquiel, it activates its field while on foot. When it stops beneath the Angel, it spreads its AT Field, as if it were a balloon being inflated. The surrounding buildings and structures about him were completely obliterated by his spreading AT Field. Much like how Sahaquiel was able to destroy the two recon satelites that were on opposite sides of it.

Taking this into account, I think thats all the proof you need as to whether AT Fields are all encompassing barriers.

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:21 pm

Okay theres the anwser so now this thread is officaly dead. That makes sence to me, but theres still somthing bothering me.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”