What are this images in EoE?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:22 am

Actually, I wasn't proposing that actual female genitalia was depicted in the image. We're seeing the thighs from above. It's like this woman was menstruating onto the floor (or whatever) and she's sitting down looking at the mess she made. Pretty f***ed up, but that's the best I can come up with for what that image depicts.

kosure
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby kosure » Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:26 am

Reichu wrote: It's like this woman was menstruating onto the floor (or whatever) and she's sitting down looking at the mess she made.

Thats nasty.

Oh god, I hope its not that beacuse its just too nasty.
i think cosplay is a lot like communism, it seems like a good idea, but it never turns out the way you want.
Star Wars: The Ultimate Guide

Nephilim
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Nephilim » Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:42 pm

Here i post to you that image in a bigger size:
I think that that thing between the legs are other mixed drawings, not nesesarlily the same image with the legs. I've been looking this image for hours like a damm 3d stereogram !!! :shock:
*insert cool signature here*

max3000
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby max3000 » Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:20 pm

Maybe some photoshoping will do the trick.
Last edited by max3000 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby MongolSquad » Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:42 pm

Hmmm, I think the background image looks like a bunch of bare legs...and if I'm not mistake there's three pairs of legs, obviously for each Eva girl. But the image between the foreground legs....looks like a flower or hands or soemthing. Arg, maybe theres just multiple pictures layered there and its impossible to tell one form another. Damn you Anno.

ShoKenju
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ShoKenju » Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:45 pm

i dont think she's menstrating. looks like a tree of some kind. maybe some sort of sex thing. or birth?
a man within the trap of one sided love is a man torn beyond his imagination.
-----------
Reason = Virtue = Happiness

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby MongolSquad » Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:12 pm

Some strange circles I found, I know they don't bleong to the pairs of legs. I have no idea what these could be. Seeing that the scene has to do with women, maybe these are the outline of breasts???

The purple is the lines that are supposedly blood. I think they aren't blood, those streams do not act like liquid when it flows. The blue are just another shape that I saw, I'll let you guys pick it apart.

The blue lines, I think are a flower of some sort, maybe symbolizing womanhood? The purple lines are either an extention of the flower or something seperate. To me it looks like a human hand, but the fingers are to sharp at the end. Could be an Eva hand. Hmmm, I like this one: Maybe its a hand plucking a flower. [symbolism anyone? : ) ]

Finally, I noticed three pairs of legs in the background. I think we can all agree they belong to Asuka, Rei and Misato.

And remember kids, have fun!

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:14 pm

it seems like three of four videos overlaping...
what i meant was that it seems like the scenes go : one of Rei, another of Rei, the next two where Misato's and hte last two where Asuka...

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:41 pm

Well, I was just suggesting that it might be menstruation; I could be completely off the ball, it wouldn't be the first time. ;;> I would hesitate to compare the physics of menstrual fluid to blood, since m.f. isn't solely blood... But, honestly, I'm not going to go make a mess like that just to find out how it would look. :eew:

One thing to keep in mind is that, as has been pointed out, this sequence has multiple images going on simultaneously; this is especially obvious if you watch it, as opposed to stare at still images for hours. ;;> The pink outline is definitely a hand, and a normal human one at that -- there are many women out there with scary nails, not to mention ones who attach prosthetics if they can't grow them naturally. :shock:

Also, here is perhaps a clearer image of the "thighs" picture, if that helps at all.

Phaze
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Phaze » Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:26 pm

This is what I call "overanalyzation."

Although I'm not completely sure on what is being depicted in the image in question, I think we can all agree it clearly has sexual connotations.
The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:53 pm

Phaze wrote:This is what I call "overanalyzation."

Yeah, but NGE holds up to overanalyzation so well! And I never let the fear of overanalysis keep me from having my fun in good ol' Scum-of-the-Earth-NGE-Otaku fashion.

kosure
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby kosure » Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:31 am

No offense to you Phaze at all, beacuse I don't think you're really mad about this. But (and this is a message for everyone) If your reading a thread, and you think its silly, and over analytic, and it makes you mad...

You have the power to stop reading it.

*just a thought*
i think cosplay is a lot like communism, it seems like a good idea, but it never turns out the way you want.
Star Wars: The Ultimate Guide

Phaze
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Phaze » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:52 pm

My posts always seem overly offensive/deffensive. I'm just insecure. :wink:
The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

Treeves056
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Treeves056 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:34 pm

Hmm it looks likes two fingers the pink highlight looks like two finger nails

EvaPimp
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby EvaPimp » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:08 pm

Could be a chick masturbating...

Wide open legs.
An image in the middle that looks like a pussy,
A hand.

Hmmm..... :?

Treeves056
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Treeves056 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:51 pm

But who is the question :wink:

But seriously look at the subtitle below

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby MongolSquad » Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:31 pm

kosure wrote:You have the power to stop reading it.

I beleive these pictures are getting out of hand seeing that those legs are overlapping a pair of fingers. I will take your humble advice....I would like to keep my sanity...

aranami
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby aranami » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:28 pm

My guess is that it is a bunch of live action clips and drawings of the part where Kaji gives Misato the chip

if you look at all the pics they appear to all be sexual in nature, and the unknown pic at the end with the legs is an overlap of different angles of "Don't put strange things in there!"

but that dosn't account for the blood
"Immortality! Take it! It's yours!"

max3000
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby max3000 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:23 pm

I think that thats just Asuka laying in her bed when she couldn't sleep or something.
Last edited by max3000 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Bumped 'cause I wanna know WTF is going on

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:13 am

I know old thread is HELLA old, but was it ever figured out with just what's going on in that final drawing*? Is the woman just bleeding or touching herself or what? O_o The script must say SOMETHING about this at the least!

And can it be said that those outlines in the first few images are Rei, Asuka and Misato? It sure looks like them at least.

*Anybody have some Renewal quality pics?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”