Another theory and analysis of Eva-00's Soul

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Another theory and analysis of Eva-00's Soul

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:15 am

Okay so i wanted to make this thread for a long time but i wanted to get as much info i could get.My purpose is not to find out Eva-00's Soul because nobody can give a straight and true answer to this but i want to minimize the options we have on the table.

Eva-00's Soul candidates:Naoko Akagi,Rei 1,Fragment of Lilith's Soul,No soul

Here is the first thing which is an undeniable fact and we can all be sure about it.An EVA Unit requires a human soul to function.This automatically deletes the No soul option quite early.This fact may be connected with Rei 1 and Fragment of Lilith's Soul also but i will get into that next.

I should say at this point that i consider Rei 1 and Fragment of Lilith's Soul as ONE PART/SOUL.I believe we can't distinguish them because as we know Rei is a clone of Yui and incorporates DNA/some parts from Lilith.There is almost ZERO chanche for Yui's soul to be into Rei(because Yui's soul is in Unit 1)thus for Rei to ''function''(in the way Gendo works)a ''type'' of soul is needed so a fragment from Lilith makes much sense.

So DNA/some parts from Lilith's Soul=Fragment of Lilith's Soul and Fragment of Lilith's Soul+Yui=Rei 1,2,3 etc

Now that i explained that the Fragment of Lilith's Soul itself can't be considered as a candidate for Unit's 00 soul i will move to Rei 1.

For me Rei 1 can't be Unit's 00 Soul.As i said early in the thread an Eva Unit need's a human soul to function.Rei is a clone.She is not human.She has Lilith's soul so someone may asume that because Lilith is the progenitor of humans this is enough for her to be considered as a human being.Even if that is the case only a part of Lilith's Soul can be into Rei and there is now way it can compare with Yui's or Kyoko's soul's in the Eva Units.That's why i consider Rei's 1 soul as a weak one to be implanted on an Eva Unit.Also i don't believe Gendo would ever think to have Rei's 1 soul in Unit-00 because he knows that it doesn't make sense.Why make Rei and at one point kill her to take her ''soul'?Why don't put a fragment from Lilith's soul in the first place?Because Gendo knows it wouldn't work in both cases.That's why Gendo made the ''Naoko Akagi Suicide Plan'' but i will get into that in a bit.Also i should say that Rei 1 shouldn't have a reason to attack Gendo because there isn't any evidence that Rei 1 could hate Gendo(just like Rei 2).

As some of you may understand already i believe that Naoko's soul is Unit's-00 soul.Strong points lead me to this.She is a human thus she have a human soul.Gendo knew she needed a human soul and for Unit 00 and considered Naoko as the perfect victim because he was using her all along or maybe he become frustrated from her.Knowing that Naoko is a lunatic one he decides one day to bring Rei to Nerv.He knows that she looks like Yui and Naoko is clever enough to understand what is going on.So Gendo said some bad things of Naoko in front of Rei on purpose knowing that at one point Rei will go at Naoko and will tell her what she heard.This lead Naoko to kill Rei and commit suicide.Gendo thought that Naoko couldn't hand that she killed a child and sooner or later she would give an end to her life.And he was right.Naoko was dead and he took her soul.

This is a perfect explanation why Unit-00 is attacking Gendo.Naoko unlike Rei 1 had more reasons to do it.She knows he never loved her and that he was using her all along.Also she knows that he is sleeping with her daughter.She may even realised the Naoko Suicide Plan i mentioned.

There is enough evidence as to why she attacked Ritsuko.First of all Ritsuko herself stated that they had a tumultuous personal relationship.Combine that with the fact that Ritsuko had a relationship with Gendo after her death.Also in the series Naoko ''denied'' Ritsuko through Magi another evidence that she doens't get along with her.

Many of you will ask if Naoko is Unit's 00 soul why does Unit-00 even start up when Rei is inside?My answer is why not?Rei didn't do a thing to Naoko,it's the other way around.We know that Naoko regreted that she killed Rei 1 by commiting suicide.This alone is a strong reason.She pretty much understoond that Rei is a victim of Gendo like her.

I could write more but i think that's enough for now.Sorry for the long read but i wanted to cover as much info as i could.Feel free to post your opinions,thoughts and questions.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:16 am

I think much of the counter-argument to that theory is written here:

[url]http://wiki.evageeks.org/Eva-00%27s_soul[/url].

Nevertheless I will outline my objections to that statement here. The crux of the argument against Naoko being Eva-00's soul is evident from the Eva's beserk incidents. During these incidents, Eva-00 tries to attack Ritsuko- although this may be considered to be an attempt by Naoko to attack Ritsuko, it is important to note that while Naoko was alive she had no idea of Ritsuko's feelings for Gendo. Thus she may or may not have any bias towards Ritsuko (at least not at this point). There is also this interesting image from Eva-00's POV during the beserk incident in Episode 14:

Note Ritsuko's hair colour. It is highly probable that this is meant to illustrate that Eva-00 seems to see Ritsuko as her mother, Naoko, as is evident from Ritsuko's dark hair in this shot. As explained in the article linked above, it is unlikely that this is a simple animation error when Ritsuko's clothing is unchanged and the rest of the characters shown are concurrent with their normal appearances. Why would Naoko see herself during her beserk incidents? The more likely explanation is that it is Rei I in the Eva, and that she perceives Ritsuko as Naoko, her murderer, and is trying to get revenge on her.

Another interesting point about the Eva's souls is that, throughout the series, we get a glimpse of each Eva's resident soul at least once, when the pilot makes contact with the resident soul. This occurs to Shinji when he makes contact with Yui after getting sucked into Leliel in Episode 16, and Asuka sees an image of her mother after making contact with Kyoko during EoE. Similarly, when Shinji tries to interface with Eva-00 during the Cross-Compatability Experiment in Episode 14, he seems to make contact with the Eva's soul, and sees this image:

It's an image of Rei; furthermore, she appears smaller or more childlike, similar to Rei I. The script also explicitly identifies this Rei as Rei I when she appears in Episode 25. This suggests that the soul inside the Eva is that of Rei I; there is no other explanation as to why Shinji would see such as image of her while inside the Eva. Shinji's dialogue during this scene also seems to be meant to emphasise that the soul in the Eva is Rei:

SPOILER: Show

Shinji: What is this? Something's trying to get directly into my brain. Ayanami? Rei Ayanami? This impression is Rei Ayanami, isn't it? Ayanami? Isn't it her?

It is also important to note that almost immediately after Shinji sees the image of Rei, Eva-00 goes beserk; this implies that the beserk state was triggered due to Shinji interacting with Rei I's soul in the Eva.

In Episode 23, we see more evidence of the soul in the Eva being connected to Rei, this time from Rei's own mouth:

SPOILER: Show

Rei:Who's there? Me? The me inside the Eva?

This suggests that Rei is in contact with another "Rei" within the Eva, which is probably the Eva's soul. This is a link to the Rei we saw in Episode 14, again suggesting that Eva-00's soul is that of Rei I.

Additionally, it is important to take pilot compatability into account. The soul in the Eva is always that of the pilot's mother; however, Rei does not have a mother. Thus the soul in the Eva must be one with which she synchronises well, otherwise she would not be able to synch with the Eva at all. As shown during Episode 19, if the soul in the Eva does not want to synch with the pilot, the pilot will be rejected; this is illustrated by Eva-01 rejecting Rei and the Dummy Plug. Thus, why would Naoko, who despises Rei, be able to synch with her so well? While Rei's synch rate is never spectacular, it is always adequate after the first beserk incident, and her synch rate is much better than Asuka's during the Descent Arc when Asuka's synch rate starts to fall. This suggests that the soul in the Eva is someone who is familiar with Rei and synchronises well with her, but since Rei is an artificial creation and very introverted, who would she be able to synchronise with? The obvious answer is with herself, or a fragment of her own soul. Rei can also be considered to show signs of her personality being fragmented similar to Kyoko's; while she is not as mentally unstable as Kyoko, she shows very little independence and has odd behavioural patterns. Rei III, the Rei created after Eva-00 is self-destructed, is much more independent and seems more aware of herself and her Angelic powers. This seems to imply that part of Rei's personality or memories of being Lilith were sealed away, possibly in the fragment of her soul implanted into Eva-00.

Overall, there is very little reason to believe that Naoko would be the soul in Eva-00. Not only is she totally unsuitable for Rei to synchronise with, there is also a large amount of evidence to suggest that the soul in the Eva is Rei, not Naoko. Naoko is not someone who would considered for an Eva that was going to be piloted by Rei, as she is not Rei's mother and even tried to murder her- considering Rei's generally good synch scores, the soul in the Eva cannot be Naoko. While you might argue that Naoko regretted killing Rei, that is not enough to suggest that Rei would be able to synch with her; furthermore Naoko would never be considered in the first place because of her murder of Rei I.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:51 am

This is a good counter argument post you wrote there Shinoyami65.Thanks for posting the eva wiki link because it has many infromations like the ones you posted...

When i made this thread my primary objective was to prove that Rei 1 and Fragment of Lilith's Soul is one soul because i heard other people reffering to them as two completely different things.

Eva-00's POV during the beserk incident,Shinji's interdace with Eva-00 and the script identifiying Rei as Rei 1 in Episode 25 are strong objections to my theory.I would like altough to hear your opinion and others of course to what i said in the OP about an EVA requiring a Human Soul to work and Rei's 1 soul can't be considered one.

Another objection i have is to Naoko's hate for Rei.I still don't think she hate's her at least not to the point to not even start if she is Unit's 00 soul.Her suicide is what proves it for me.That shows she regreted killing her.Why else should consider the suicide?It's possible that after Rei's 1 death she realised that the child has little part in all this.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:04 am

View Original PostDima wrote:I would like altough to hear your opinion and others of course to what i said in the OP about an EVA requiring a Human Soul to work and Rei's 1 soul can't be considered one.

For those who accept information from the NGE2 game, it is revealed in one of Kaworu's endings that all the human and Angel souls are actually the recycled, reincarnated souls of the FAR. In other words, they're all human souls. Even regardless of that, NGE itself plays around all the time with the similarities between Angels and humans, rather freely calling humans Angels and Angels human at various points.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:51 am

The matter of Eva-00's soul is something that keeps coming up again, and again, and again. Ideally, the wiki page should be more persuasive on this, but here are some past threads for reference

http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/3785/Unit-00s-soul/
http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/12718/Unit-00s-soul/
http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/3807/Unit-00-and-Naoko-Akagi/
http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/14153/Theory-Regarding-the-Soul-of-Unit-00-Quite-Complex/
http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/13879/Eva-and-the-Soul-Alternate-Theories/
http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/10895/About-Rei-1-Yui-Naoko-and-soul-divisibility/
http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/70/EVA-00s-Soul/

Naoko is a common theme in many of these discussions. The question is why? Not only is there a persuasive case for Rei I, but Naoko in Eva-00 raises more questions than answers. So why the repeated reoccurrences of this theory?

I believe that Naoko in Eva-00 is a kind of Phlogiston theory in Evangelion analysis. It is wrong -- very much so -- but the theory does actually help us to understand Evangelion despite this.

The idea of mothers in Eva's, which is correct, is reinforced by this idea of Naoko in Eva-00. By doing this, it is possible to form a correct mental model of what is happening with Eva-01 and Eva-02, without having to deal with the very complicated exception of Eva-00. Not to mention the difficulties with Kyoko. But after this principal has been established, it proves rather difficult to dislodge, which is why Naoko keeps cropping up again and again.
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

Jurrasic
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Jurrasic » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:44 am

Not only that, Naoko is the personality and memory matrix of the 3 MAGI supercomputers that do all the background work involving the Evas. If Naoko was the soul of EVA 00 as well, there should be one hell of a lot of strange stuff cropping up, if not the MAGI packing it in entirely.

Last thing of all is one of the key rules of writing: If something 'is', make that clear. There is no indication of or clear explanation of the 'Naoko is 00's soul' theory, but there -are- indications of someone else's soul being in charge, and those were laid down above this post.

But it's always good to see ideas being brought fourth for examination, that's what this forum is for, is it not? ^_^
"Yes ladies and gentlemen, in France Asuka swears like a sailor and confirms that she's the butch of her apparent lesbian relationship with Mari, Mari insults people that ignore her, and Shinji Ikari tells to Sakura Suzuhara and Misato Katsuragi to go fuck themselves!" -ElMariachi

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:37 pm

Another problem is that this theory accepts the notion that Gendo planned the fatal encounter between Rei and Naoko. There's no evidence in that way the scene is presented, or in any supplemental material to indicate this. Plus, it makes no sense. If Gendo wanted Naoko dead, he would just have her killed. Why waste a valuable Rei in the effort? Plus the Yui connection would make him reluctant to use Rei this way.

However, it is interesting, Dima, that you are using it to support the Naoko theory. Usually it's used to prove the Rei 1 theory. The logic is that Gendo wants Naoko dead (because he has no further use for her), and he wants a Rei soul for Unit-01. This accomplishes both in one shot.
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
Negative! Primative! Limited! I let you live.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:52 pm

Wouldn't it have been far easier to just ask chibi Rei to get in the hungry soul-devouring robot, then when Naoko is still there later that night trying to work out how this happened again, just casually toss her ass over the railing and write it off as guilt-induced suicide for killing a child?
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:40 pm

I don't think Rei and Eva-00 are necessarily a particularly complicated exception, for this very reason: Rei is, in a way, her own mother, especially if her body really was grown from and pulled from Lilith's flesh. Which incidentally would make her and Unit-01 sisters.

Surely someone else has said something like this before, but when I realized it while reading OMF's first post in this thread it just kind of struck me :hahaha: I'm amazed I hadn't made that connection before.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:56 pm

...How did people come up with that idea in the first place?
It gets so far that some FFs have Rei revealed as somehow related to Naoko to make it make sense.

...Personally, my money is on some random Lillith fragment, Rei I or otherwise. Or maybe what Shinji saw in there was just the imprint left by Rei... including the Lillith-related parts of her, and Lillith would probably really like to break free...

Either way, whatever happened in Episode 5 must've been terifying for Rei; Hence the way she later glimpses at/brings them glasses for support, the glasses being something that affirms her existence as "Ayanami Rei, as she was shaped by the connections around her", and considering the fears we learn about in ep 25, having a meeting with that dark alter ego from her nightmares that was probably going all "Give back my soul!" in EoE-style telop text would probably make her cling to such an item of affirmation/mnemonic device.

We're dealing with a cosmic horror thing, not a jealous hag thing, which purposde would this serve, she already has the Magi as her avatar, doesn't she?
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:03 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:I don't think Rei and Eva-00 are necessarily a particularly complicated exception, for this very reason: Rei is, in a way, her own mother, especially if her body really was grown from and pulled from Lilith's flesh. Which incidentally would make her and Unit-01 sisters.

Don't forget Rei's counterpart, Kaworu, who was born from Adam and carries Adam's soul. He's his own mother too! Now that you mention it, Eva-01 is both Rei's mother and sister, since she's, in a sense, Yui's daughter as well. It also makes Kaworu the brother and the mother of all the Angels! (And, if ye olde Akira theory is true, he's Misato's brother/dad)

Crazy tangent aside, I don't see why Gendo should have planned the encounter for Rei I and Naoko to end the way it did. I have the impression that Rei I, as Lilith, was conscious of Gendo's manipulation of Naoko and wanted to start a fight between them - only things went haywire for her.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:19 am

View Original PostObsessiveMathsFreak wrote:Naoko is a common theme in many of these discussions. The question is why? Not only is there a persuasive case for Rei I, but Naoko in Eva-00 raises more questions than answers. So why the repeated reoccurrences of this theory?

I believe that Naoko in Eva-00 is a kind of Phlogiston theory in Evangelion analysis. It is wrong -- very much so -- but the theory does actually help us to understand Evangelion despite this.

As you said it actually help us to understand Evangelion.For me Naoko's soul in Unit-00 make's more sense than Rei 1 for the reasons i stated in the OP.Though if you read wiki Rei's 1 soul theory makes more sense.

Personally i never understood the part that Naoko has in the series.Why Anno choosed to show her in the first place?She doesn't play an important role in the story and even if you completely delete the episode or don't see it at all you will be fine understanding the story.Of course this doesn't mean that we can take as an evidence to the Naoko and Unit-00 theory.

View Original Postthewayneiac wrote:Another problem is that this theory accepts the notion that Gendo planned the fatal encounter between Rei and Naoko. There's no evidence in that way the scene is presented, or in any supplemental material to indicate this. Plus, it makes no sense. If Gendo wanted Naoko dead, he would just have her killed. Why waste a valuable Rei in the effort? Plus the Yui connection would make him reluctant to use Rei this way.

However, it is interesting, Dima, that you are using it to support the Naoko theory. Usually it's used to prove the Rei 1 theory. The logic is that Gendo wants Naoko dead (because he has no further use for her), and he wants a Rei soul for Unit-01. This accomplishes both in one shot.

That's true there's no evidence but i strongly believe that Gendo wanted to kill Naoko.Another thing that i noticed is how Yui,Kyoko and Naoko died.They didn't had a ''normal'' death.Yui was absorved in Unit-01 and Kyoko and Naoko died by commiting suicide.Plus they were all mothers.Maybe EVA accepts a soul with some conditions regarding the death of the owner?But then again Rei 1 didn't had a normal death either.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:01 am

Being stranged at the age of 4 by your DNA donor's husband's jealous lover is a very unusual way to die.

Furthermore, Rei I, as Lilith, could be considered the "mother" of all humanity...So by extension she could be considered an ancestor to Yui, who is Rei's DNA donor. So in several ways Rei is her own mother, or the closest thing to a mother she has.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:52 am

View Original Postthewayneiac wrote:Another problem is that this theory accepts the notion that Gendo planned the fatal encounter between Rei and Naoko. There's no evidence in that way the scene is presented, or in any supplemental material to indicate this. Plus, it makes no sense. If Gendo wanted Naoko dead, he would just have her killed.

Keep in mind that people are already accusing Gendo for Yui's death. I am sure that many in Nerv knew he had a thing with Naoko. If he wanted her dead the best way to do it is through suicide because any other way would raise more suspicions for him.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:42 am

Even a suicide would be pretty suspicious, right? Nobody was around to see if Naoko had jumped, or why a strangled 4-year-old was lying on the floor. And why should one of the top Gehirn scientists kill herself? The incident would have raised a million questions. I don't see it being any advantage. If Gendo had to get rid of Naoko, the logical way of doing it would be to make it look like an accident, not suicide. He had sinister forces at his disposal, he could arrange for such an accident quite easily.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:24 pm

Or even easier, just transfer her to some other nerv facility if he wants her gone.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:52 pm

...just because he isn't the nicest person alive, it doesn't mean that every negative thing that happens in the series is a dirrect result of his actions... well it is, but only in the sense that he wasn't serious about Naoko and stuff.
Why waste a perfectly good Rei?
It just seems too roundabout.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Jurrasic
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Jurrasic » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:20 pm

View Original PostDima wrote:Keep in mind that people are already accusing Gendo for Yui's death. I am sure that many in Nerv knew he had a thing with Naoko. If he wanted her dead the best way to do it is through suicide because any other way would raise more suspicions for him.

The "affair" with Naoko was happening well after Yui 'died' in the contact experiment.

Naoko herself was talking about it, how she could never really replace Yui, but what she had of Gendo was good enough. Followed by her kissing Gendo while he kept his eyes wide open staring past her.
"Yes ladies and gentlemen, in France Asuka swears like a sailor and confirms that she's the butch of her apparent lesbian relationship with Mari, Mari insults people that ignore her, and Shinji Ikari tells to Sakura Suzuhara and Misato Katsuragi to go fuck themselves!" -ElMariachi

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”