How Fuyutsuki made Rei

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:14 am

I beleive that Ubermensch translates closer to "Overman" or "Superman", at least that's how I've always seen Nietzsche's use of it translated. I'd never heard of Ubermensch syndrome though, intresting.
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

Faußtin
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Faußtin » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:16 am

I thought that the phrase "übermensch" originates from Nazi Germany, not Nietzche. I never knew that. But perhaps I should read the book on on my shelf... :wink: :oops: :lol:
:twisted: !!!HELL IS FUN!!! :twisted:

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:24 am

The Nazi's mis-interpreted a lot of Nietzsche's work so it seemed his Ubermensch was a similar concept to their "Master Race" nonsense (Totally different concepts, really).
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

Faußtin
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Faußtin » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:30 am

Now that you say it, I have a book of Nietzche around (the merry science, as it would sound like in English (since I have in in hungarian)). I'll read it, just in case.
:idea:
I can't recall it: was the Lance of Longinus (the real) lost, or found?
:twisted: !!!HELL IS FUN!!! :twisted:

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE 08 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:19 pm

I actually kind of like Neiztche, he's sexist yes but I like his thoughts on religion. The Nazis' and Neiztche's sister mistinterpreted his works and in the end drug his name through the mud after he died.
I heart Encyclopedia Dramatica!
THAT WIKI/Aspergers

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:51 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:
thewayneiac wrote:
Zugzwang wrote:What do you mean with the lie that I should get a hobby, as if you actually know what I do from day-to-day at all unless your remote viewing me, like that Soluzar puppet does.

Soluzar is watching you? Who do you think he is, Santa Claus? :lol:

Zuggy thinks Biscuit is a mask of mine; though the 'chu would be able to disabuse him of that notion.

Zugzwang wrote:thewayneiac, I already proved what Soluzar is when he slipped up and admited he knew I had read a certain book that details his kinds of evil, which means he was part of some MK-ULTRA-type project.

Somehow, reading this in the Limbaugh Letter reminded me of this thread:

Nanny-Cam
"Would the young man on the bike please get off and walk, as he is riding in a pedestrian area," came the command to a cyclist in Middlesbrough, England. Reports The [UK] Daily Mail: "The surprised youth...dismounted and wheeled his bike thriugh the crowded streets as instructed." Yes, my friends, Britain's new surveillance cameras publicly scold people. When operators in a control room spot "antisocial acts" --anything from littering to late-night brawls --they squawk: "Warning! You are being monitored by CCTV [closed-circuit television]"; or "Warning! You are in an alcohol-free zone, please refrain from drinking"; or "Warning! Your behavior is being ...recorded and the police are attending." Proponents say embarrassed subjects usually "slink off without further trouble." Hmmm. Could come in handy at the Kennedy Compound.

Could it be that Soluzar, (and by implication Mr. Tines as they are both masks for "Great Guidance"), has expanded his surveilance beyond Zuggy and is the one manning these cameras? :wink:
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
Negative! Primative! Limited! I let you live.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

LPeyrani
Embryo

Zugzwang vindicated

•      
  •      

Postby LPeyrani » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:36 am

I'm bringing this back up because it resonates with the latest discussions about Rei.
Fuyutsuki "made Rei" in the sense that he, unlike Gendo or others at Gehirn, was aware of Yui's plan all along. He was the "external hand" helping Yui to carry on her vision while trapped inside Unit 01. In all probability, Fuyutsuki convinced Gendo to let him direct a plan originally conceived by Naoko, arguing that the woman would not be trustworthy in this kind of operation (since she hated Yui). Did Fuyutsuki use Yui+Gendo marrying postcard as a medium during the salvage experiment? Was this part of Yui's directions or his personal initiative?
Let's ask our best man: Zugzwang, are you still there?

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Re: Zugzwang vindicated

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:31 am

View Original PostLPeyrani wrote:Zugzwang, are you still there?

His profile will show you that he was last here eleven years ago.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Re: How Fuyutsuki made Rei

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:58 pm

Nerco posting. What fascinating thing the internet is... But, I think it was more about Yui using Gendo and Fiyutski for her own manipulations. Yes, Fiyutski was aware of he realm, but I'm sure Gendo was too.
FROM EVANGELION:
"Acts of Man are greater than acts of God!"

"I'm saying that I love you."

NOT FROM EVANGELION:
"You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold."

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”