what next?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:11 pm

I've posted my sequel idea on A.N. a couple of times, but I don't recall ever posting it here, so here goes! (You know it's good because Reichu says it gives her nightmares).

Ok, here's my idea for a sequel: Two or three years have passed and many people have returned. Like a snowball rolling downhill, the more time passes, the faster people return. (Most of the important characters are around when the show starts.) Enough people have returned that population centers have been reestablished, and vital services restored. Then, bad things start to happen, when beings resembling Angels start showing up and stomping the fragile new cities. Since we know there are no more Angels, just what can these things be? It seems that this show's bad guys, (returned Seele members?), have found that while being reembodied they have gained the ability to manipulate their A.T. fields at will and change their shapes. The bad guys can turn into angels. Fortunately, our heros discover that they have the same ability; they can turn into EVAs. (The original EVAs are obviously not available.) Shinji discovers this ability first, after a ghostly visit from Rei, who shows up only occasionally to offer him advice and encouragement. Things have been going reasonably well between Shinji and Asuka, but sour temporarily when she hears that he has been visited by Rei. ("But, it wasn't like that!!") Eventually she realizes that there is nothing going on between Shinji and the God-like Rei. (Whenever Asuka gets too obnoxious, Shinji jokingly threatens to take Misato up on her offer, though Asuka doesn't take this seriously, because Misato is happy with the reembodied Kaji.) Hmmm...., this sounds like 3-5 episodes already. For about the next 18-20 episodes Shinji, Asuka, and Toji fight another Seele member turned Angel every other episode or so. (Toji doesn't figure out how to re-grow his leg until after his first battle.) With 2-3 episodes left to go, they finally discover that there is a spy among them: Keel has manipulated his A.T. field to disguise himself as Gendo; then the real Gendo comes back and denounces him. (Yes, I know M.D. Wigs thinks that Gendo wasn't complimented and thus can't come back; I disagree.) At the end of ep. 25, Keel turns into the toughest Angel of them all, but all three pilots and Gendo all turn into EVAs and defeat him. Gendo patches things up with Shinji, (and with Ritsuko, after all, Yui is unavailable.), and everyone finally gets to live happily ever after. The last shot is a ghostly vision of Rei happliy watching over them. Note: Kensuke provides comedy relief throughout the series by constantly bitching because he can't turn into an EVA.

As Joel would say: "What do you think, sirs?"
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
Negative! Primative! Limited! I let you live.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

Archon Divinus
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Archon Divinus » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:40 pm

I would say, 'huh'

theres some cool stuff in there, and some stuff that seems kinda wierd (like Misato and Kaji. if they died before 3I, then i don't thet're coming back). for some reason the idea of the characters turning into eva makes me think of digimon.

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:49 pm

Sounds like it could make a decent fic Wayneiac, you should give it a go.

And if you want to bring back Misato and Kaji go ahead. You can make the argument that as long as they were a part of Third Impact, i.e. showed up in Shinji’s little psychotic road trip in eps 24-25, they are free game for a comeback.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE 08 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:54 pm

Waniac, exactly what have you been smoking? I don't think the SEELE members would become angels....seeing as how they lack S2 engines they couldn't match the raw power, couldn't generate an ATF powerful enough, and then there's the little law of the conservation of matter...where would they get the matter to become many orders of magnitude larger? Besides angels are of a completely different form of matter, they come from Adam, we come from Lilith. Anyhoo Keel is far cooler as a cyborg. Angels (except for Samshel) suck.
I heart Encyclopedia Dramatica!
THAT WIKI/Aspergers

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:13 pm

SEELE 08 wrote:and then there's the little law of the conservation of matter...where would they get the matter to become many orders of magnitude larger?

From the same place Lilith did. She doesn't seem to be bothered about book-keeping niceties like conservation of stress-energy.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:13 pm

SEELE 08 wrote:I don't think the SEELE members would become angels....seeing as how they lack S2 engines they couldn't match the raw power, couldn't generate an ATF powerful enough, and then there's the little law of the conservation of matter...where would they get the matter to become many orders of magnitude larger?

You forget. In the post third impact world, people can be anything though the power of "imagine".
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE 08 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:14 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:
SEELE 08 wrote:and then there's the little law of the conservation of matter...where would they get the matter to become many orders of magnitude larger?

From the same place Lilith did. She doesn't seem to be bothered about book-keeping niceties like conservation of stress-energy.

At first she seemed more energy based, like when she passed right through Maya, she wasn't totally substanial.
I heart Encyclopedia Dramatica!
THAT WIKI/Aspergers

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:33 pm

SEELE 08 wrote:At first she seemed more energy based, like when she passed right through Maya, she wasn't totally substanial.

But there seemed to be a lot more to her later

http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=16739#16739
http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=16852#16852

- which brings us back to where we started : what was left for there to be a "what next" with?
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:19 pm

Good point Tines!

EoE ended with most of the charater stuff settled. Hech other then a spoon fead discrpition of what happins in the movie ( impossable to do no arguments on this point please. ) EVA was wrapped up well.

Its an ending that makes you think, and think we do, but more is to much to ask. We got renewal, and EoE. Lets be gratful we got that.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

darth_mark
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby darth_mark » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:58 pm

ObsessiveMathsFreak wrote:
You forget. In the post third impact world, people can be anything though the power of "imagine".

so can we, in a manner of speaking.

which is what i think yui was referring to.
"Let's Instrumentality! <3" - SEELE

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”