Why does Pen Pen exist anyway…?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Sheena
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Sheena » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:22 am

Even better theory: Pen Pen killed Kaji.
Asukas German made me cry

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:04 am

View Original PostTHE Hal E. Burton 9000 wrote::google: the "Pen Pen is God theory"

trust me *Indiana Jones smirk*

I have seen this, it is true.

To the unbelievers out there, scroll to the bottom paragraph
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

pen-pen
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby pen-pen » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:54 am

Argh...argh...argh...
BOOMZ!

juaxoo
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby juaxoo » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:58 am

View Original PostThe Abhorrent wrote:Aside from comic relief, chances are because he's one of the very few penguins left in the world after Second Impact. All(?) species of penguin exist south of the equator, and they're commonly found in Anarctica. After 2I, there would be next to none of them left (even moreso than other families of species).

Perhaps Misato took him in for sentimental reasons: to remind her of what she saw in Anarctica, to remind herself that not everything was lost that day, or something related to that. That theory kinda disagrees with her reasoning for not visiting the conservation centre (or whatever it's called) in 2.22, but she's always had Pen-Pen regardless.

i second this

Obstermaxmaster
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Obstermaxmaster » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:50 pm

View Original PostThe Abhorrent wrote:Aside from comic relief, chances are because he's one of the very few penguins left in the world after Second Impact. All(?) species of penguin exist south of the equator, and they're commonly found in Anarctica. After 2I, there would be next to none of them left (even moreso than other families of species).

Perhaps Misato took him in for sentimental reasons: to remind her of what she saw in Anarctica, to remind herself that not everything was lost that day, or something related to that. That theory kinda disagrees with her reasoning for not visiting the conservation centre (or whatever it's called) in 2.22, but she's always had Pen-Pen regardless.

View Original Postjuaxoo wrote:i second this

I also agree with this. Pen-pen is around due to Misato taking him in. Misato sees herself in Pen-pen, as somebody who is lonely and just wants to be loved.

Also, Pen-pen existed for humor reasons so the series wouldn't be so depressing at times. You can also look at several episodes that show Pen^2 acting in certain ways so the audience doesn't know what to expect and how to react (ex. episode 2). Therefore, they laugh because it is something out of the ordinary.
I WISH DAYLIGHT SAVINGS NEVER HAPPENED SO WE CAN WATCH MORE KARE KANO ~ C.A.P. ON SKYPE

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”