Evangelion WTF :S I am confused

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:35 pm

View Original Postflyingeagle666 wrote:Lol the thing is the Rebuild was the first things I watched lol.
Eva 2 is my fav film/anime ever

Haven't seen 2.0 yet. My current favorite animated film is The End of Evangelion, coming right after the original series. But I'm kind of pretentious about my movies anyway, and am not afraid to express that. You should read the whole friggin' essay I wrote on the movie Evangelion 1.11.

I'll see what the rest of "Rebuild" has in store soon enough... :evillaugh: :mwahaha:

die-yng
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby die-yng » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:26 pm

View Original Postflyingeagle666 wrote:Lol the thing is the Rebuild was the first things I watched lol.
Eva 2 is my fav film/anime ever

And you can still say that, after you watched the original?
That, I don't get. Not at all.
"Asuka groaned, palming her face. "First? That's a bagel."
"You're supposed to eat it," Shinji assisted.
Rei looked at them, then back to Ikari-kun, taking in the surprising revelation. Cautiously, she placed her lips around the item in her hand and took a small bite. Wide-eyed, she beheld the bagel with a new reverence.
"You are delicious, Ikari-kun.""
Lucretius and Essel Present: NGE: The Cutting Room Floor

[url]http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=9090&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0[/url]

The Forgotten Knight
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby The Forgotten Knight » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:22 am

Watch the movies. If you paid attention to the scenes with SEELE and Gendo you'll understand everything.
Death is certain, Life is not.

flyingeagle666
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby flyingeagle666 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:05 am

View Original Postdie-yng wrote:And you can still say that, after you watched the original?
That, I don't get. Not at all.

I enjoyed the movies more than the original yar
Hello

Hatsumi92
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Hatsumi92 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:02 am

View Original Postflyingeagle666 wrote:I enjoyed the movies more than the original yar

Wow. I'm a huge fan of Rebuild but just disregard that opinion until you see The End of Evangelion.

Though if you didn't like 25 and 26 I do not think you're going to like the 26' portion of the movie very much.

Something may be telling me you're in it for the robots more than the actual characters. Which'll explain why your favorite movie is 2.22. Either way you'll probably feel like shit by the end of The End of Evangelion, so much you'll probably never want to see the word "Evangelion" for a week or so.

Have fun!

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:19 pm

View Original Postflyingeagle666 wrote:I enjoyed the movies more than the original yar

Out of morbid curiosity, why?

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:56 pm

I'd like to point out that this guy has a High School of the Dead avatar with a huge emphasis on a character's cleavage. What do you THINK is his reason for preferring Rebuild?
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Anno has perfected the side boob --Gendo'sPapa

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:33 pm

Protip@Thread: some people prefer black tea over green tea; some people prefer men over women; and some people prefer Rebuild over Eva. Get over it.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Hatsumi92
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Hatsumi92 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:04 am

Well, I prefer Rebuild over NGE in a lot of ways but I think one should finish the whole thing before giving an overall opinion about it.

Though if he watched the entire series and still thinks Rebuild is better I don't think EoE will change someones mind, but I'm not him.

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Allemann » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:42 am

View Original PostAuraTwilight wrote:I'd like to point out that this guy has a High School of the Dead avatar with a huge emphasis on a character's cleavage. What do you THINK is his reason for preferring Rebuild?

The GOOD reason.

flyingeagle666
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby flyingeagle666 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:12 am

View Original PostHatsumi92 wrote:Wow. I'm a huge fan of Rebuild but just disregard that opinion until you see The End of Evangelion.

Though if you didn't like 25 and 26 I do not think you're going to like the 26' portion of the movie very much.

Something may be telling me you're in it for the robots more than the actual characters. Which'll explain why your favorite movie is 2.22. Either way you'll probably feel like shit by the end of The End of Evangelion, so much you'll probably never want to see the word "Evangelion" for a week or so.

Have fun!

Im holding back on watching the end of evangelion because I know its gonna end up being sad lol and I currently have Uni exams and so dont want to get distracted lol.

Im not really into mecha, in other anime I find it annoying most of the time so I dont think the reasonI like it is because of that.

I love the characters and the way they interact with each other, I find the films funny, I get emotional at some parts. I just really enjoy them, like I said I enjoyed the neon geneisis too but I just prefer the movies

Also I thought 2.22 did a great job with the characters. Looks like im in the minority there lol but hell 2.22 is awesome ^_^

View Original PostAuraTwilight wrote:I'd like to point out that this guy has a High School of the Dead avatar with a huge emphasis on a character's cleavage. What do you THINK is his reason for preferring Rebuild?

Lol Just because I have a HOTD avatar doesnt mean anything lol, for a start there is pretty much no fanservice in the films. If someone is looking for stuff like HOTD etc they dont go to Evangelion

I found the films more exciting, and I liked the characters more in the films, and I didn't enjoy the last 2 episodes of the anime. But none the less I am looking forward to watching end of evangelion hopefully this week, although I have been warned I will cry for a week :'(
Hello

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:45 pm

View Original Postflyingeagle666 wrote:
Lol Just because I have a HOTD avatar doesnt mean anything lol, for a start there is pretty much no fanservice in the films.

umm...what?

but i guess compared to highschool of the dead anything has pretty much no fanservice :lol:
Last edited by Fireball on Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:48 pm

^Greatest Gif Evar.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Galaxy News Reidio
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Galaxy News Reidio » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:01 pm

Not all nudity is fanservice, dude. Sure, there's a lot of it, but some of that gif (Asuka's straw scene, naked foetal position Rei) features nudity for other reasons.
Even in death, I still nerd.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:19 pm

While fetal position Rei is certainly not fanservice, I disagree with you about Asuka's straw scene; that was unarguably fanservice.

What's this thread about?
- Sachi

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:27 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:Protip@Thread: some people prefer black tea over green tea; some people prefer men over women; and some people prefer Rebuild over Eva. Get over it.

Heaven forbid we have a discussion in a discussion thread.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:27 pm

but some of that gif (Asuka's straw scene, naked foetal position Rei) features nudity for other reasons.

And the bit with Kaji's wandering eyes is just pure comedy gold.

'*sigh* shes drunk again. Why did I ever.....ah yes thats why...'

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:31 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:While fetal position Rei is certainly not fanservice

The sabisu comes in when she bounces while looking up.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:39 pm

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:Heaven forbid we have a discussion in a discussion thread.

Especially about the original NGE series and it's symbolism. *looks at thread* wait a minute..... Where did Shikinami's boobs come from?

flyingeagle666
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby flyingeagle666 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:46 am

View Original PostFireball wrote:umm...what?

but i guess compared to highschool of the dead anything has pretty much no fanservice :lol:

Lol That is one sweet gif, I guess Eva has classy fanservice then :3

A couple more days the EOE ^_^
Hello

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”