What are you currently playing?

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Guyver Spawn » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:44 pm

View Original Postliquidus118 wrote:Wait, it's out? It completely slipped off my radar and I thought it wouldn't be out for months.

It came out like two days ago. I have been playing MVC3 as well and I think it's great. I have unlock five endings so far and my main team is so are:

Dante, Captain America, and Gouki
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby schismatics » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:38 pm

Scrapped the PS3 I had (been having so many damn problems with it). So with my newfound trade-in money, I purchased Twilight Princess, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Final Fantasy (psp), FFTactics: War of the Lions, Other M, and Jean D'Arc.

Jean D'Arc seems to be pretty neat, I dig the story and the gameplay seems a bit more balanced than the Fire Emblem game I played.

Kirby's Epic Yarn is the best high game in existence. Up there with Flower and Flow.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:58 am

What kind of problems where you having with your PS3?
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby schismatics » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:47 am

Lots of freezing for some reason (that system hated God of War III). Like I'd try to watch a movie, the video would stop randomly but the audio would keep going. It'd happen a lot during games too.

Strayn
Adam

Postby Strayn » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:04 pm

I just started Final Fantasy 10, probably my second favorite, 9 being my favorite. I got somadbro trying to beat the Luca Goers; I wouldn't continue the game without beating them lol.

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:30 pm

I just saw one of the most beautiful and emotional trailers ever made, in my opinion. Words can not express how mystical it is. I was speechless after watching it.
It is for a game called Dead Island. Needless to say it's a zombie game. But this trailer just leaves you in awe. Something about both the pace and the piece of music they used for it.. Just wonderful.
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

ashneverwind
Embryo

Postby ashneverwind » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:53 pm

omg yeah the dead island trailer is seriously impactful. the game premis has me excited, a First person action adventure game with melee being the focus.

anyone play Breakdown on the original xbox...best game of its generation! lets hope dead island is anything like that
"whats wrong with running away from reality if reality SUCKS!"-Shinji Ikari

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:25 pm

I can't wait for Dawn of War II: Retribution.

Eva 02
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby Eva 02 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:29 pm

Throwback time! I recently bought the Ultimate Quake for PC. I'm halfway in to Quake I, and I now remember why I always thought it superior to Doom. Scarier monsters, awesome design. Music by Nine Inch Nails and the weapon of choice is the nail gun. I just hate how the series gravitated to cyborgs from evil monsters, then to utterly useless OFPS.

Next on my list is to buy the original Blood series, FPS for PC. Then, since Duke Nukem is getting a new game, I may have to order the original ones for PC as well. Thats because I despise using the keyboard in games...
Mikoroshi Tou Kara Zutto

Spud
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby Spud » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:48 pm

I recently started playing Battlefield 2 : Project Reality again

Its a mod for BF2 and they have almost made it a new game entirely

Once you get a squad that knows what they are doing it's great
If you start playing just do everything your Squad leader tells you to do and always choose the Rifleman's kit
�We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.� ~ Carlos Castaneda
"Blessed, truly blessed, are those who have not known devastation " Antigone

I am the Verizon of the desert

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:38 pm

View Original PostEva 02 wrote:the weapon of choice is the nail gun.

Bah, nothing is more fun than bank shots with grenades.

...well, nothing in that game, anyway. MM8BDM completely destroys quake from a pure fun standpoint. Having 50+ unique weapons in a single FPS will do that to ya.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:56 am

Thirteen and a half hours into The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Oh shi-
Porphyric Hemophilia

:help:
Voluntary Illusion.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:17 am

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:Thirteen and a half hours into The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Oh shi-
Porphyric Hemophilia

Oh wait, what?

You got turned into a vampire?! Oh well! We must cure this with haste!

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Vampirism#Curing_Vampirism

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby schismatics » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:23 am

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:Thirteen and a half hours into The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Oh shi-
Porphyric Hemophilia

Which guilds ya doing? Or do you have the GoTY edition with all the extra goodness?

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

Postby Azathoth » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:37 pm

Porphyric Hemophilia

Don't bother curing it, there's no real drawbacks to being a vampire in Oblivion (unlike Morrowind).
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:28 pm

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:Don't bother curing it, there's no real drawbacks to being a vampire in Oblivion (unlike Morrowind).

Apart from dying if you don't feed and the hazards from sunlight and the change in appearance.

You get bonuses to your stats as well, but I can't be bothered with vampirism.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

Postby Azathoth » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:16 pm

View Original PostTankred wrote:Apart from dying if you don't feed

Not much of a drawback, given how easy it is.

View Original PostTankred wrote:and the hazards from sunlight and the change in appearance.

If you feed neither of these are a problem. Compared to Morrowind's vampirism, which makes the majority of quests in the game impossible to access (including the main quest (!) although there's always the non-Tribunal method which I guess is still possible if Yagrum will talk to vampires) and basically requires you to live in one of the three retardedly remote clan bases. Although it also does get you Eltonbrand.

Basically in Morrowind, vampirism was a (kind of difficult) phase you wanted to go through briefly to get the best sword in the game and a few good quests, whereas in Oblivion you can easily run through the entire game as a vampire from start to finish.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:53 pm

Thanks for the info; though my grandad could of probably told me due to how much he played both of those games.....

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:07 pm

View Original PostTankred wrote:We must cure this with haste!

I read a walkthrough for the curing quest on GameFAQs last night. It seems okay but it'll take a while; the only thing I want to know is if I'll have immediate access to the cure potion whenever I need it after the quest is done. I agree with what's been said about there been few drawbacks for Oblivion vampires, however, I don't want to play as a vamp on my first character.

View Original Postschismatics wrote:Which guilds ya doing? Or do you have the GoTY edition with all the extra goodness?

I have GoTY edition, but for the moment I haven't installed the expansions and I'm doing the Fighters and Mage guild quests.

For those that are interested, my character is set out as follows:
Name: Iapetus Iota
Race: Breton
Star Sign: The Lady
Class: Bard

Currently Level 5. I picked up the vamp-ness when I did the Azura quest; mind you if it wasn't for a clipping glitch I wouldn't have finished it last night. Recently I've been sticking to steel armour, the blades katana / steel longsword, I basically have no money so I haven't bought or made any spells yet; I have been using hammers to repair my stuff but generally I avoid porters and such. I also have a ring of shadows that gives 20% (was it invisibility or chameleon? I forget) and is great for sneaking, but otherwise nothing notable about my char.

Edit: Since I was only in the first stage of vampirism (aka not a vampire, only have a -2 drop in fatigue) I seem to have cured it by going to church and getting blessings, or something else.
Voluntary Illusion.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:16 pm

Played the Killzone 3 demo. It was a lot of fun (especially the jet pack), I just wish I was better shot.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”