What are you currently playing?

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:27 pm

View Original PostTankred wrote:Modding Fallout 3 so it actually entertains me. :P

Indeed, it's a requirement for multiple playthroughs. I kinda feel bad for the folks playing this on consoles. Personally I found the absolute best addition was one that added about 500 more thematically correct songs to the various radio stations, making them suddenly tolerable again.

I'm going retro and playing through fallout 1 at the moment. Interface is very meh but it's still a decent game once you get over that hurdle.
Last edited by NemZ on Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:28 pm

Still playing some Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.

It hurts so good.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:21 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:I'm going retro and playing through fallout 1 at the moment. Interface is very meh but it's still a decent game once you get over that hurdle.

Yeah, it's quite good.

My favourite is Fallout 2 with the Fallout 2 Restoration Project installed.

Damn do I ramble on about the Fallout series...

ShadowGT
Lilith

Postby ShadowGT » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:06 pm

Test Drive Unlimited 2. Considering i was a BETA tester on it & i was a big fan of the first i've been logging a crap ton of hours in the second.
PSN: ShadowGT-R
Steam: Fatpizza20

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:12 pm

As of yesterday I have started playing The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion for the first time.
Voluntary Illusion.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:23 pm

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:As of yesterday I have started playing The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion for the first time.

PC or console?

I have the deluxe PC version, still haven't completed it however, it's also a pain in the arse to mod, unlike Fallout 3.

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:26 pm

GOTY PC Version. It's glitched out a couple of times already; turns out the disks I got from EB Games had a couple of scratches in them. Not pleased, but I'll have another hour or so of play today and see if I have any more problems.
Voluntary Illusion.

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Glitches make up 70% of all Elder Scrolls games.

Postby Killer Bee » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:46 pm

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:It's glitched out a couple of times already

WELCOME TO TAMRIEL!

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:58 pm

Oh yeah, don't steal in the Imperial city. Actually, do.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:32 pm

View Original Postliquidus118 wrote:Wait, it's out? It completely slipped off my radar and I thought it wouldn't be out for months.

It was released yesterday.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

bigbadtyrant
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby bigbadtyrant » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:05 pm

Im currently playing Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
Had it for awhile and never finished it......its fun if you like playing as badass Jango Fett and killing a hundred guys in a matter minutes with duel blaster pistols.
From the shadows i come!!!

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:29 pm

We finally made it through the long hallway in chapter 10 of Dead Space 2. Largely because of the help of a mop, a buket, a wooden crate, and a roll of plastic. Never has random trash been so helpful.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:33 pm

View Original PostKiller Bee wrote:TAMRIEL

*Insert NGE pun here*

View Original Postbigbadtyrant wrote:Im currently playing Star Wars: Bounty Hunter.

I loved that game when I got it in '03. Took me a while until I beat the missions in the order I was supposed to, but still I played the hell out of it. I used a stand-back-and-shoot tactic, and occassionally I would have to use a rocket or a dart. As for the cultists/zombies/undead-tryhards, I'd just stand in a smart spot and go on a flamethrower spree.
Voluntary Illusion.

bigbadtyrant
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby bigbadtyrant » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:08 pm

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:I used a stand-back-and-shoot tactic, and occassionally I would have to use a rocket or a dart. As for the cultists/zombies/undead-tryhards, I'd just stand in a smart spot and go on a flamethrower spree.

That is actually the best way go go through the game in the later chapters, because just running in like a maniac sometimes can get you killed in a blink of an eye :chinscratch: as im figuring out....
From the shadows i come!!!

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:18 am

View Original Postbigbadtyrant wrote:running in like a maniac sometimes can get you killed in a blink of an eye

If you find yourself in a spot, use the scanner (the one you use to look for bounties) to zoom in before switching to aim mode. I recall that this assisted my accuracy, as I was then able to pick off far-away targets such as dart zombies (who you don't want to get close to) with just the pistols.
Voluntary Illusion.

Uriel Septim VII
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Uriel Septim VII » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:09 am

View Original PostTankred wrote:Oh yeah, don't steal in the Imperial city. Actually, do.

I was about to say... Lurking in the middle of the night, breaking into shops in the Imperial City is among the most exhilarating things I did in that game.
AVATAR-- Hedy Lamarr: actor, inventor of spread spectrum communications technology, and main villain of Blazing Saddles.

You know what, rip me off once, shame on me. But twice? I'm coming after you and taking back what's mine. --Billy Mays

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:39 am

I'm a huge fan of survival horror games and this new Dead Island trailer has me really looking forward to it. There are barely any true survival horror games being made anymore but this sounds like it could be a nice evolution. Very little ammo, meele fighting, zombies, etc. I'm excited.

Here's the trailer. Be warned: it's rather depressing. I really hope this is as good as it sounds.

Rather than run-and-gun their way through a meat maze, players will be forced to scavenge for objects and use them to beat their undead foes into submission. There are precious few firearms scattered around the island (and even less ammo), so the majority of the combat will be intimate. Knives, machetes, bats, broomsticks, pipes – these are your defenses against the horde of infected monsters. It's survival horror with a melee action twist, and it's disgusting.

Dead Island's developers call it a "first-person zombie-slasher/action-RPG." That's a mouthful, and it's still unclear what the balance will be among those descriptors. Players will be able to choose from a cast of pre-set characters, including a former rapper named Sam B (the only character revealed so far).
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:33 am

That was screwed up but awesome. I'm going to have to keep an eye on this game for sure.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby arkiel » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:02 am

Shit, I remember reading about Dead Island in PC Gamer... five years ago? Six? And they've just got around to getting us CG? Eeeeeh. Someone's been living fat off investor money for half a decade. >.>;;

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:46 pm

Aftermath of my modding...

SPOILER: Show

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”