Currently playing 4: Guns of the Patriots

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:23 am

View Original PostTankred wrote:Steam is shooting my wallet.

I kno rite

The Witcher is 66% off on Steam btw

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:29 am

Started Dead Space 2 over again. I haven't finished it before beyond Chapter 4 so hopefully I can finish it for good this time. For some reason I don't find the game scary, I just find plowing through the waves of necromorphs challenging and slightly frustrating. I also blasted through it much faster this time, even through the areas I hadn't reached before.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:19 am

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:For some reason I don't find the game scary

That should read "for some reason people find this game scary". Why continues to be a mystery to me.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:32 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:That should read "for some reason people find this game scary". Why continues to be a mystery to me.

After you get over the hallucinations and the fact that you have to cut off the Necromorphs' limbs to kill them there's surprisingly very little beneath the surface. I prefer the earlier Silent Hills when you could choose to run or fight and there was a great deal of atmosphere and imagery packed into the environment. At least Dead Space has interesting combat, I'll give it that.

I suppose the reason why Dead Space is scary for some is the abundance of gore and how every monster chooses to leap out of a vent or window.

And I'm nothing like you

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:04 am

Dead Space is all scripted events and jump scares. I just treat it like a normal third person shooter with much more focus on situational awareness.

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:50 pm

"

Just got this in the mail, hopefully the voice acting isn't as bad as I remember.
*sigh* just kill me already.

Katana
Banned

Postby Katana » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:51 pm

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:Started Dead Space 2 over again. I haven't finished it before beyond Chapter 4 so hopefully I can finish it for good this time. For some reason I don't find the game scary, I just find plowing through the waves of necromorphs challenging and slightly frustrating. I also blasted through it much faster this time, even through the areas I hadn't reached before.
I never found the game scary.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby hui43210 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:26 pm

View Original Postnervshatter wrote:"

Just got this in the mail, hopefully the voice acting isn't as bad as I remember.

The first game has good VA, but the 2001 era cg is meh, the 2nd uses great anime style cuts but the va is sub-par. The actual games are both very fun tho.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Ænimal
Banned

Postby Ænimal » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:23 pm

so i finally got around to updating my Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn client, which means i will soon be hard at work beta testing the game. due to the Non-Disclosure Agreement everyone has to sign (or rather, tick the little box in the appropriate window), i can't really tell y'all much about it at this point other that it's pretty awesome; come August something (or for those of you who will be fortunate enough to get an invite to phase 4 of beta testing, earlier than that) you will find out for yourselves. now unfortunately this means i will not be able to get around to continuing the story i posted at least until tomorrow, so that really doesn't matter i don't why i just typed oh god where are all these letters coming from?! :bigeyes:

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:53 pm

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:The first game has good VA, but the 2001 era cg is meh, the 2nd uses great anime style cuts but the va is sub-par. The actual games are both very fun tho.

I only played part 1, and from what I remember Leo's English voice was so cringe-worthy, I felt like muting the TV every time he talked.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:41 am

Started playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I suppose it's weird of me to like both horror games and cheerful games such as Animal Crossing, but that's how it is :lol: . I'm probably going to lose the next few months of my life trying to hunt down every damn fossil, bug, fish and painting while trying to get my house to the maximum size. Thank god I finish school on Monday.

And I'm nothing like you

sephiros
Lilith

Postby sephiros » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:03 pm

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:Started playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I suppose it's weird of me to like both horror games and cheerful games such as Animal Crossing, but that's how it is :lol: . I'm probably going to lose the next few months of my life trying to hunt down every damn fossil, bug, fish and painting while trying to get my house to the maximum size. Thank god I finish school on Monday.

Just downloaded that a few days ago myself after a friend came over and was playing it. Needed something to waste small chunks of my time throughout the day. It's not that weird, I was playing AC:NL and Dark Souls at the same time yesterday(no idea how). As for Dead Space, The only parts I ever found all that scary was the first and fifth levels from the first game. The first level, had almost no lights, most of the enemies popped out of vents when you were right by them, and you had no ammo. The fifth level had those guys you cant kill. Other than that, the only other time I got freaked out was when this happened.
Godzilla never had an AT Field!!
You dumbass, what the hell else do you think I'm talking about? We're gonna combine!!
If the demon is truly big, then we are no match for it. It's irrational. It's impossible. It's against my religion.
Your victory was a Deus Ex Machina, ergo that cake is a lie!

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:10 pm

Just tried catching Mesprit in Pokemon Black 2. Got it down to one pixel of HP, then started chucking Ultra Balls at it. Went through forty-three of them with no luck. Tried again, got it down to red, caught it with only three.

...Well-played, Game Freak. Well-played.
Last edited by riffraff11235 on Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:55 pm

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:Just tried catching Mesprit in Pokemon Black 2. Got it down to one pixel of HP, then started chucking Ultra Balls at it. Went through forty-three of them with no luck. Tried again, got it down to red, caught it with only three.

...Well-played, Game Freaks. Well-played.

I have no idea what a Mesprit is but it sounds annoying as hell to catch :lol:.

Topic: Trying to get an A rank on the rescue missions in ZoE is just frustrating, how the hell are you supposed to avoid getting buildings destroyed?

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:07 pm

I beat my record agaisnt Spitfires, now i could live up to the third wave and i managed to knock down 7 of them :D.

It's really fulfilling to be able to stand up to them, specially since they completely outmaneuvered me in past combats.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Fireball » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:53 pm

View Original PostDream wrote:I beat my record agaisnt Spitfires, now i could live up to the third wave and i managed to knock down 7 of them :D.

It's really fulfilling to be able to stand up to them, specially since they completely outmaneuvered me in past combats.

What game are you playing?

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

ssguy
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby ssguy » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:58 pm

I just finished Deadly Premonition. BUY THIS GAME.

It's just so good. It starts a little slow, but the ending is just so satisfying. I love the characters too. They're all really quirky. York, the main character, is an FBI agent that loves movies to the point of constantly talking about them, believes that his coffee tells him secrets and regularly speaks to his imaginary friend Zach.
SPOILER: Show
In actuality, York is Zach's imaginary friend

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:05 pm

Waifu status: unlocked

jesus christ this took forever I was already losing hope. Then again it was pretty much worth it, after long dry spell when it came to unlocking new characters I get FOUR after one story related mission? What a wonderful feel.

Didn't expect to get Brera/Grace/Guld before Isamu either.

The boss fight with YF-29 ace and endlessly spawning and missile spawning grunt valks required for clearance was hard as fuck though, I ended up using all of my boosts and repair kits like crazy and still barely made it through.

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

Postby Omegagouki » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:40 am

As I have mentioned in the thread's previous incarnation, I'm participating in the Final Fantasy 5 Four Job Fiesta this year.

It started yesterday afternoon and I'm already up to just after the Fire Crystal. So far I've been assigned Blue Mage (Bartz), Monk (Lenna), and Time Mage (Faris), and due to what I registered for, I have to keep the each character those classes through the game. So far, what I've gotten won't make things too insanely hard...
PSN/Steam: Zentillion | Tum8lr
8luh 8luh
Sill (and always) promoting Homestuck

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:43 pm

Started reading the original Nuzlocke Comics in preparation for my own Nuzlocke Challence. Still not sure which game I'll use, but I've got ROMs of all five Gen III games ready to go. Probably gonna go with Ruby.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”