Asuka is hot!

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Hateno's Asuka

Postby symbv » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:56 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:His website or nabbing one of his CD-doujin at Comiket. (PM me for his website...) I've talked to him and Kuro Tengu via email a few times, they're cool.

Lovely Asuka images, regardless. I think personal art-style (or writing style) is fine since Eva partly deals with interpretation.

I have managed to find his website (or more precisely his doujin circle Douraku Honpo's website). Also found a bunch of images from him. You have talked to him before? That sounds so cool....

Despite the jarring size of enhanced breast size, I have grown fond of his Asuka's images because I found that 1) Hateno is a keen shipper of Asuka x Shinji -- that fits my preference perfectly 2) his Eva world is full of fun and laughter, even in his NSFW doujin manga -- that again fits my preference perfectly.

Some Asuka images from Hateno that I've just dug out. They should be SFW (or so I think):

SPOILER: Show

These may be not so SFW. But I love this top one most, perhaps because I found this pic when I was wearing Exactly the Same SENNHEISER HD650 headphone :)

This is a LAS postcard for summer greeting. I put it here just to show the credential of Hateno's LAS-ism :)

Asuka here is LOVELY
(and the breasts do not look so out of balance at this angle...)

I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Warren Peace » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:11 am

Maybe I'm a Philistine, but I say the closer to the official look, the better. I recognize the artistic value in going off-model, but I can't help it.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:31 am

More Asuka.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Hateno's Asuka

Postby Reichu » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:47 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:Asuka here is LOVELY

This is the only Hetano image I like (well, aside from the one where I drew in Chiyochichi as a penis-censoring device... I'll have to creatively censor Asuka's clamped nipples so I can post it here). The water-balloon boobs that dominate all his other images are just... :cringe:

Warren Peace wrote:Maybe I'm a Philistine, but I say the closer to the official look, the better.

Slavishly imitating Sadamoto's designs isn't going to be everybody's cup of tea. I think there's some really awesome work out there that deviates from the designs heavily, but it works because it contains the "essence" of the character or the work, if you will, making it instantly recognizable. I'll take a heavily personalized rendition of a character, one that resonates "Evangelion", over on-model generic fluff / smut any day.

But if it's both off-model and barely recognizable as what it's ostensibly supposed to be, it might be pretty artwork, but kind of fails as fan-art. "Why bother calling this 'Asuka' at all?"
Last edited by Reichu on Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:23 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:I'll take a heavily personalized rendition of a character that resonates "Evangelion" over on-model generic fluff / smut any day.
Hetano's work definitely falls in the second pile -- the face is within the sort of model range we saw in the series, except for the fact that Asuka isn't an oppai-monster.

This isn't on model -- but it's clearly Asuka in a way that Hetano never manages

and again is broken-bird moe.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Fireand'chutes77
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Fireand'chutes77 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:26 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:

Hm. I don't think Section 9 is going to be happy about the improvements Asuka made to one of their Tachikomas. ;)

Asuka here is LOVELY

Aww. :) Saved.

Beautiful picture... Though I wish the "pants" of Asuka's suit came up a little higher here. (Because if they did I'd probably use this as my desktop background.) There's a thin line between sexy and distracting...
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. JSDF attack ships on fire during Operation Yashima. I watched particle beams glitter in the dark near the Geofront. All these moments will be lost in time. Like LCL in rain. Time to die." ~ ANT Pogo
Asuka: founder of

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:31 am

View Original PostFireand'chutes77 wrote:Beautiful picture... Though I wish the "pants" of Asuka's suit came up a little higher here. (Because if they did I'd probably use this as my desktop background.) There's a thin line between sexy and distracting...
I agree. I'd have posted it along time ago if not for that.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:21 am

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:More Asuka.
That maybe my favorite pic in the entire thread... Is there a higher res version of it anywhere?
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:24 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:This isn't on model -- but it's clearly Asuka in a way that Hetano never manages

The nose and eyes reminds me of Chica Umino's style somewhat, to be honest.

It really isn't that much different from Asuka apart from nose though.

Also, saved :tongue:

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Postby KnightmareX13 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:22 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:This is a LAS postcard for summer greeting. I put it here just to show the credential of Hateno's LAS-ism :)

any chance someone could translate?
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:34 am

View Original PostKnightmareX13 wrote:any chance someone could translate?

As you wish:

GREETING IN THE LINGERING SUMMER HEAT
A - Hey, Shinji... you don't like this swimsuit I bought yesterday?
S - Eh, no...but...
S - Even though it is forever summer now in Japan, the sea is filled with jellyfish. Where can you go with this bold bikini?
A - You asked where...well..
A - Of course, I bought it to wash Shinji's back when you have your bath. Don't you think it fits?
(whisper) This is tied on the side, so very easy to get loose ~~~
S - WELL......

The keyword is LAS
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Re: Hetano's (and Kuro's) Asuka

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:32 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:1) Hateno is a keen shipper of Asuka x Shinji -- that fits my preference perfectly 2) his Eva world is full of fun and laughter, even in his NSFW doujin manga -- that again fits my preference perfectly.

Kuro Tengu's doujins (his one-man Circle is Tengu No Tsuzura and of course, mainly Adult Only except for Tamagokake ) is the mostly the same way (though he has one MarixShinji doujin but Asuka beats up Mari in Part 2! And one random ReixShinji doujin.) bu it shouldn't be a surprise that both are LAS fans and have hilarious (seriously, especially TNT's stuff) works--they're friends from school and live in the same neighborhood. Hetano and Kuro-san have booths next to each other at Comiket, actually.

Several of Hetano's comics have been long-ago translated and are on Ornette's THAT BOARD image archive, just FYI.

I really like Kuro's artstyle of Asuka and the others. He once mentioned in a doujin afterward (A doujin I translated, actually.) that he tries to emulate as close to Sadamoto-san's art-style as possible:

SFW Tengu no Tsuzura images  SPOILER: Show

An in-doujin example of his artstyle (and hilarity) featuring Rei and Asuka, translation by AT-kun:

~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:43 am

haahahah that sample page brought back memories :lol:

lol'd hard at that one.

wait, was that the Rei/Asuka yuri doujin? :think:

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:48 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:I really like Kuro's artstyle of Asuka and the others. He once mentioned in a doujin afterward (A doujin I translated, actually.) that he tries to emulate as close to Sadamoto-san's art-style as possible:

[spoiler="SFW Tengu no Tsuzura images"]

Wow, Kuro Tengu's artstyle really looks like Sadamoto !! Really really good... The kiss doujin pic is priceless... oh my oh my oh my... This is the closest to the original since I saw Re-Take. Thanks, SSD and EGF, for introducing Kuro and Hateno to me.. Now I need to dig out the funny Asuka (and LAS) doujin... There is never too much of that for me... WANT.... :love: :heart: :love:
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:54 am

I'll have to track down those as well. SSD, do you by chance have any other choice titles from the guy?
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:08 pm

symbv and Bagheera: I'll PM you some stuff in a few minutes. :)

Before I forget, here's another funny and SFW (though there's risque dialogue) LAS* comic by Hetano:

SFW Hetano  SPOILER: Show

*LAS means LoveloveAsukaShinji, as mentioned before. It's what the Japanese fandom calls the pairing (and incidentally has been in my custom title forever).

Reichu having translated an LAS thing (as well as "suffering" through the GoS2 game) is pretty surprising though...It must have been before she met me and my shippyness scared her away. :lol: Though she was never really an A/S "shipper" anyway, but simply feels the narrative put them together.

BornIn1142
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby BornIn1142 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:16 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:symbv and Bagheera: I'll PM you some stuff in a few minutes. :)

I'd be interested in that as well.
"I'm afraid you can't create tragedy out of abnormal psychology." - Andrew Sarris.

CommieGuy
Adam

Postby CommieGuy » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:34 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:symbv and Bagheera: I'll PM you some stuff in a few minutes. :)

Hey, I'm interested too.
"If the opposition disarms, well and good. If it refuses to disarm, we shall disarm it ourselves." - Josef Stalin

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:57 pm

*Notes your age and gives Look of Disapproval*

Sorry, no can do.

Have some moar Asuka instead:

Asuka from the Eva 2 game. She's adorable when she blushes. ^_^

Eva 2 game again...

From a calender. Perhaps this was uploaded before, but she looks super cute in this anyway.

Another Hetano pic. Asuka dressing up for visiting a shrine on the first day of the New Year.

Fanart of Chibi-Asuka. :3 I don't really understand why fanartists give her green eyes... I guess red hair and green eyes are a lot more common in real life than red hair and blue eyes, but...

CommieGuy
Adam

Postby CommieGuy » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:04 pm

Aww, I wanna see too... You wouldn't believe me if I said that here in Brazil we can see anything when we are fourteen... would you? :devil:

The Asuka pics are nice anyway...

I've already seen this one, love it.
"If the opposition disarms, well and good. If it refuses to disarm, we shall disarm it ourselves." - Josef Stalin

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”