Biggest WTF?! Moment in the Show

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

monitoradiation
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby monitoradiation » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:43 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:GNR's forehead vagina. Which absorbs EVA-01's encased in a "tree". And then grows a giant eye in the middle of said giant forehead vagina.

Just... What The Fuck!

Actually, every moments of GNR is a giant WTF moment!

Within the WTF moments of the GNR sequence, mine would absolutely have to be MPEs self-impalement and instantaneous release of souls. I had chills down my spine for like a good 5 minutes
"0" is the past, "1" is the future, but "the present" is nowhere - this is an undeniable logic.
Among the countless parallel lines, I settle on "blasphemy" as my choice.

Gorbatschow
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Gorbatschow » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:48 am

I wish i could say EoE, but it was pretty clear for me from the beginning (more or less). I would say the biggest WTF-Moment was (for me) the Halleluja-scene between Asuka and arael (it was a pretty epic WTF-moment)

monitoradiation
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby monitoradiation » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:08 am

View Original PostGorbatschow wrote:I wish i could say EoE, but it was pretty clear for me from the beginning (more or less). I would say the biggest WTF-Moment was (for me) the Halleluja-scene between Asuka and arael (it was a pretty epic WTF-moment)

Wait, did you mean that you knew everything that's going on in EoE the first time you watched it?
"0" is the past, "1" is the future, but "the present" is nowhere - this is an undeniable logic.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:20 pm

Eva Unit 01 eating that Angel's guts like chicken strips. Ibuki throwing up is so justified.

monitoradiation
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby monitoradiation » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:29 pm

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:Eva Unit 01 eating that Angel's guts like chicken strips. Ibuki throwing up is so justified.

Leading to the next logical question:

Do angels taste like chicken? If not, what do they taste like?

Also, does the S2 taste like an apple?

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:44 pm

The S2 engine tastes like pure, unbridled sex. There's no getting around that.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:48 pm

View Original Postmonitoradiation wrote:Do angels taste like chicken? If not, what do they taste like?

People, of course.

Also, does the S2 taste like an apple?

Probably not.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:41 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:The S2 engine tastes like pure, unbridled sex. There's no getting around that.

So it tastes like pennies?

Oh, and speaking of S2 engines/cores: The core of an Eva or angel is the philosopher's stone. I totally just figured that out.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:59 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:So it tastes like pennies?

Salty coins and milk, yes. Though I hear that it varies from person to person.

ReiAyanami25
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby ReiAyanami25 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:24 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:People, of course.

I am hoping that you have no knowledge of what people taste like.
生は、死の始まり。そして再生は、夢の終わり。
"I write only because there is a voice within me that will not be still." - SP

Rei Ayanami's beauty comes from the truth that she has feelings...the struggle to draw your feelings forth, the reconciliation between your surface and your death - that, I believe, is where we truly become alive, truly become human beings." -Hayashibara Megumi

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:00 am

View Original PostReiAyanami25 wrote:I am hoping that you have no knowledge of what people taste like.

Not their muscles and organs, no. But thanks to auto-cannibalism*, I can't say I have no knowledge. :devil:

* Nervous chewing on lips and cheeks, and the like. Easily serviced with gum. Nothing too serious.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:09 am

It's bittery-sour.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:51 am

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Salty coins and milk, yes. Though I hear that it varies from person to person.

Salty coins and milk, yes.

Salty coins and milk.

I have no words to describe the rage.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:10 am

No clue what people actually taste like, but apparently humans taste a lot like beef. So Zeruel probably tastes like raw beefsteak.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:27 am

Beef? It is normally said to be pork-like, though veal gets a mention. The source that I found for beef turned out to be a fake.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:28 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Oh, and speaking of S2 engines/cores: The core of an Eva or angel is the philosopher's stone. I totally just figured that out.

The Fruit of Life indeed. I'mma go one step further and propose that the core of man can be considered the brain (Fruit of Wisdom).

For the longest time, I'd actually only had the manga (this was maybe 2006, so through volume 9 approximately) before I'd acquired the entirety of the series, so I'd had a lot of the WTF moments sort of deadened by already knowing about them. I feel like maybe I didn't have vol. 9 before seeing the series, because I remember thinking "Oh hey, it's Kaworu! What's he doing with that cat?" :cringe:

I think the biggest WTF I had was when I watched 25 and 26. It was just such a jarring transition from 24 that I didn't grasp the fact that they were in Instrumentality, so I was just bombarded with all the concepts without a clue. Granted, I've watched it since then and it makes a lot more sense, especially when linked with the events of EoE, but that first time was so trippy XD
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:53 pm

You guys are making me hungry with all of this veal talk. Perhaps I'll ship myself over to Catamari and make a delicious concoction out of his soft tissues.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:51 pm

Naoko choking Rei I was kinda WTF seeing an adult choke a child especially in that shade of red and black the scene was shot in.

monitoradiation
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby monitoradiation » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:28 pm

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:Naoko choking Rei I was kinda WTF seeing an adult choke a child especially in that shade of red and black the scene was shot in.

I'm pretty sure seeing a child choke another child will be slightly more WTF... Owait. Shinji and Asuka during EoE. lulz.

Princess Asuka
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Princess Asuka » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:03 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:You guys are making me hungry with all of this veal talk. Perhaps I'll ship myself over to Catamari and make a delicious concoction out of his soft tissues.

Nuke-kun, I hope to God that you're not thinking of making a meal out of Catamari-kun... :bigeyes: :cringe:

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”