"You know you're obsessed with NGE when" thread

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

DireDireDoodler
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby DireDireDoodler » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:00 pm

When you start using terms like GNR and Tang in casual conversation not even related to Evangelion.

Whenever you see someone's hands clasped together maniacally, you always assume it's the Gendopose.

;w;
"Shinji screamed as he was covered in sweet, pretzel aroma."

shinji_ryoji_89
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby shinji_ryoji_89 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:12 pm

When you go to an anime club food stand at an International Food Fair and ask them if they have LCL only to be stared at, and then have to explain that it's an Evangelion joke, and the reply to that is: "Ugh, I hate Shinji".

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby tomrule123 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:56 pm

View Original PostDireDireDoodler wrote:Whenever you see someone's hands clasped together maniacally, you always assume it's the Gendopose.
;w;

I see somebody do that sometimes... and sometimes I do the Gendopose on myself... yep.

beaverteeth92
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby beaverteeth92 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:03 pm

When you start denying you actually exist.

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:47 pm

View Original PostDireDireDoodler wrote:When you start using terms like GNR and Tang in casual conversation not even related to Evangelion.

Can't remember the last time I used the word "Tang" that wasn't in reference to Eva. But it isn't the immediate mental association I have with GNR.

Whenever you see someone's hands clasped together maniacally, you always assume it's the Gendopose.

I'm guilty of this, too...not to mention personally making that pose almost any time I'm sitting still and bored (only one person I know recognizes it).
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby tomrule123 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:07 am

... when you watch "Sym-bionic Titan" (shown on Cartoon Network),
SPOILER: Show
and you noticed the robot used a lance to get rid of monster. This was their newest episode that aired on October 22, 2010, "Shaman of Fear"

Evan-Gelion
Embryo

You know when...

•      
  •      

Postby Evan-Gelion » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:58 am

You know you are obsessed with Eva when you are browsing the iTunes app store from boredom, find a MAGI app that is a perfect replica of Ritsuko's from EoE, you run out to the nearest pawnshop and spend 130$ on an iPod touch, and then 1$ on this app, even though you could pirate it, and then jailbreak it and install the most badass eva theme ever. Then proceed to buy every app eva related, and rage when you can"t use the 3D modeling app because it needs a camera, and considering going to buy a 4th gen just so you can use it.

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:48 pm

View Original Posttomrule123 wrote:... when you watch "Sym-bionic Titan" (shown on Cartoon Network),
SPOILER: Show
and you noticed the robot used a lance to get rid of monster. This was their newest episode that aired on October 22, 2010, "Shaman of Fear"

I saw that episode. The first thing that came to my mind? "Asuka! That's her sonic glaive!" The second thing that came to mind? "Holy smokes, it's a Hoplite!"
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

Orichalcon
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Orichalcon » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:57 am

1. When you've commissioned your blacksmith friend to make a human-scale replica of the Lance of Longinus out of steel.

2. When you run into your brother's bible study (Lolchristian) group when they're talking about angels, and yell "BLUE PATTERN DETECTED!"

3. When you see a reference to Tabris and cry for Kaworu.

4. When you see a fish head and cry for Asuka.

5. When you look at Geordi LaForge and think of Keel Lorenz.

6. When you have to do a thesis for a paper, and can't stop writing "CRUELANGELCRUELANGELCRUELANGEL"

I LOVE EVA.
One pill makes you larger, one pill makes you small. And the ones that mother gives you don't do anything at all.

Rafael
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Rafael » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:15 pm

When you randomly stare at your hands.
I went to Seele Elementary when I was a child. No joke. Google it.
I am Zordon.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:59 pm

I even clench and unclench when I'm nervous.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:07 pm

When you’re at the gas station and the gas pump has a large EVR on it and you immediately think EVA.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:28 am

If you stare at your semen after ejaculating for ten full seconds.

Animejunkie
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Animejunkie » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:05 pm

When you’re at the gas station and the gas pump has a large EVR on it and you immediately think EVA.

when i pull the gas pump from my car i like to say umbilical cord has been cut now switching to back up power...
IS AMAZING.... Better than cotton candy... NO WAY JOSE

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:33 pm

^That’s pretty hardcore, man.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Allemann » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:06 pm

When you have convinced yourself that you're part of the show: when characters talk on screen, you talk back at them, believing you're giving advice to Gendo on how to fight the Angels, to Shinji on gaining confidence, and to Misato how to prevent the Instrumentality. Strangely, no characters pay attention to your words, but it doesn't stop you from continuing it.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:12 pm

View Original PostAllemann wrote:When you have convinced yourself that you're part of the show: when characters talk on screen, you talk back at them, believing you're giving advice to Gendo on how to fight the Angels, to Shinji on gaining confidence, and to Misato how to prevent the Instrumentality. Strangely, no characters pay attention to your words, but it doesn't stop you from continuing it.

damn, that sounds a lot like my daily life in this wondrous nordic country of too-stupid-to-live reindeers and depressed drunktards

ran1
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby ran1 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:35 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:If you stare at your semen after ejaculating for ten full seconds.

I'm sorry, but I imagined you saying that in Asuka's voice.
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Allemann » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:03 pm

When you tattoo "Property of Gendo" on one of your buttocks.

Orichalcon
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Orichalcon » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:06 am

View Original PostAllemann wrote:When you tattoo "Property of Gendo" on one of your buttocks.

Actually, everyone has that. It just doesn't show up until you are Activated.
One pill makes you larger, one pill makes you small. And the ones that mother gives you don't do anything at all.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”