What Are you expecting From the 20th anniversary(10/04/2015)

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Sicarius VI » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:52 pm

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:I expect nothing as there is no indication that I should expect something. It's a good way to avoid disappointment, hence why I have given up trying to predict when 3.0 will come out here, let alone when 3.0+1.0 will.

Agreed!
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:45 am

What anniversary? Anyway, I'm too tied up trying to keep the dust off these nice coloured plastic boxes to think about it!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:58 am

Physical Eva Store event: http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-4063.html
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:57 am

One of the translations made it sound like they might be planning to re-air the series weekly, but that is incorrect. Alas! But it does sound like there might be some other events cropping up soon! Wonder what they could be?

An amusing thing came up when translating the Eva Store page:

(1) 10/4, at first a novelty!

-Any novelty or at a later date soon! Enjoy the boobs!

:lol:
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

Postby cyharding » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:05 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:But it does sound like there might be some other events cropping up soon! Wonder what they could be?

It's obvious actually. It's something that they can make money on. :devil:
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Grand Duke of Yashima
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Grand Duke of Yashima » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:55 pm

Anno's entire current live-action production of Godzilla is just a ruse, he's actually filming the live-action segments of Final 3.0+1.0.

Hey, crazier things have happened, right?
EVA Fan Fiction: The Blue Rose Saga

https://www.facebook.com/EvangelionTheBlueRose

"The power of the Evangelion is the power of love"

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:36 am

View Original PostGrand Duke of Yashima wrote:Anno's entire current live-action production of Godzilla is just a ruse, he's actually filming the live-action segments of Final 3.0+1.0.

Hey, crazier things have happened, right?

In film school I did rent out cameras and equipment for one short film project while secretly shooting a second project. It was mainly due to my film instructor at the time being difficult to deal with, and wasn't as open to me renting out equipment for one project as he was the other.

I doubt this is what Anno is doing, though. He can't help but get caught up in the Big G.

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:36 pm

- Anatomically correct dakimakuras of the Evas will be announced. They will be dual-layered dakimakuras, with the inner layer representing the awakened Evas. Furthermore, they will be accompanied by a promotional video for 4.0 that consists entirely of Evas with jiggling chest plates, with Rei/Asuka sulking in a corner.

- Another promotional film for 4.0 will be released soon afterwards, announcing that all well-endowed characters (including Rei/Asuka) will appear as entirely flat lolis in the next movie. Additionally, Rei will have taken a course in assertiveness and now carries around a baseball bat to use on too-attentive males. It will also be hinted that what Asuka hides beneath her eyepatch is the power of Heart.

- Finally, when 4.0 is finally released, it will play in an alternate universe where Shinji is the long-haired, leather-clad foreman of a Power Metal band called "Adam's Angels" who rocks out by riding his purple motorbike on-stage while jamming on his crotch-cannon. Kaworu will return as the Adam's Angels' bass-guitarist, sporting the stage name "Kowuru" and wearing a horned helmet that obscures his face at all times (lore has it that there's nothing underneath). They are completed by Kensuke "The Terrible", a doped-out-of-his-mind drummer sporting eternal black sunglasses that contrast eminently with his pale demeanor and the warpaint on his face, and Touji the "One-legged Demon", whose napalm-infused keyboardist antics in his superpowered wheelchair see him zipping around the stage while being pursued by his broom-wielding hard-as-nails manager cum wife, Hikari, who for some reason wears an extremely stripperific outfit that appears to be based around a form-fitting school swimsuit. Together, they have an ongoing duelling fued with the all-female girls' Doom Metal band "The Blued Red Pink Liliths", who have been filling stadiums with a show featuring a giant disembodied copy of one of the girls' heads laying at an angle on stage, hypnotizing the crowd with its creepy smile, while an orange fluid flows off the stage during the whole show (it is said to be a representation of menstruation), and whose backstory tells a tale of an ancient alien artefact living underground, giant monsters bringing godzillean destruction to earth, and other eldritch happenings, such as a band member bathing in blood, another being burnt alive and somehow returning, and yet another being the Goddess of Love and Happiness. Anno himself makes a cameo as a fan of both bands, whose mind is destroyed as he is torn between the fates of both, meeting a sad but glorious end.

Later, 4.0 is pulled from all theaters and all traces of it destroyed, for an undisclosed reason.

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:55 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Anno will announce that all future Eva projects are cancelled, confirm that 3.0 will never see a US release, and stand atop a pile of burning Eva merchandise as the resulting cascade of misery draws forth all the rage and hate and lust poured into his creation over twenty years, tearing the veil between the realms of men and the realms of the unreal, and upon that pyre he shall ascend to immortal daemonhood.

Also they'll put a cutesy cheesecake drawing of Rei on the website.

Total ritualistic destruction, I love it! :D

Maybe even add in a huge balloon of GNR deflating.
FROM EVANGELION:
"Acts of Man are greater than acts of God!"

"I'm saying that I love you."

NOT FROM EVANGELION:
"You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold."

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:17 pm

Twentieth Anniversary book, or something: [url]http://goo.gl/ZevMvi[/url]; out today, and it comes with extras!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:14 pm

It's a fashion magazine mook, as I understand it.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Iuvenal
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Iuvenal » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:39 pm

What's a "mook" in this context? I thought that was a term for lackeys of a crime boss.
Pkunk's not dead! Shake yer Rootz!

I carved A +S forever into my left buttock with a pocket knife. My right buttock is dominated by a tattoo of James Brown. - Chuckman

Who did 9/11? The FAR. - Reichu

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:07 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mook_(publishing)
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:43 pm

That is the dumbest word I have ever heard.

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:48 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:That is the dumbest word I have ever heard.

It's perfectly logical if you consider that a mook is basically a softcover magazine-format book with a dustcover (like a hardcover book).

But perhaps a more satisfactory way of looking at it is that mooks are the much more easily damaged versions of a tough one. In the former case, you can tear through them rather easily, while the latter can serve to beat you into a pulp. However, mooks still are one step above common papers...

(damn the lack of a word that can designate both people and magazines/newspapers...)

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:44 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:It's a fashion magazine mook, as I understand it.

It's this. Fashion magazine with Eva-related products. I think I read an article about the original being restocked or reprinted not too long ago.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Literary Eagle » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:14 am

In case anybody is curious, I just posted a review of Mode EVANGELION2 ~20th Anniversary MOOK~ on my book review thread: [url]http://forum.evageeks.org/post/811654/Evangelion-book-review-blog/#811654[/url]

It comes with some special bonus goodies, including a tote bag! ^_^
The Happy Red Planet (my Evangelion fan fic)

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:52 am

http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-4078.html
http://extr.b-ch.com/cgi-bin/eva_news/official/news_det.cgi?site_c=0&news_c=11386

Trying to make heads or tails of the usual translator garbage, but what I can glean from this is they will be airing Episode 1: Angel Attack on the big outdoor screens in a couple different towns and Nico Nico Live! on October 4.

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Something is happening on 4th of October......

Postby Dima » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:29 am

Live stream

[url]http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv235233239[/url]

Info
[url]http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/8353089.html[/url]

More info on Khara site.

I will leave the translation to someone expert but Khara is doing a 20th anniversary Evangelion stream and they said you don't want to miss this.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:03 pm

What I gleaned from the usual translation services is that they're doing a live stream of Episode 1: Angel Attack on Nico Live and broadcasting it on the big outdoor screens in a couple cities. I can't tell if there's more to the event or not. There's a post about it on the official Eva site:

http://extr.b-ch.com/cgi-bin/eva_news/official/news_det.cgi?site_c=0&news_c=11386

I'll be really glad when 2015 is over so I can stop getting faked out by that "2015" eye catch from Ep.1! :lol:

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”