Evangelion and Pacific Rim comparison

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Mon May 06, 2013 7:06 pm

Elect G-Max is criminally stupid, Bagheera. Just let him go.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Mon May 06, 2013 7:11 pm

View Original PostElect G-Max wrote:Okay then. Name another anime series that his as similar to Pacific Rim and Evangelion as they are to each other.

Anything in the Ultraman or Godzilla series. Heck, Gamera too, and probably tons of shit I haven't even seen.

Wait, another anime series? But the kaiju and super robot shows it's ripping off are live action . . . :headscratch: Ah, fuck it, whatever. Every super robot show ever. Like, all of them. They have more in common with NGE than any of them (including NGE) does with Pacific Rim. Throw in any stock monster-of-the-week anime while you're at it.

I know you'll feel compelled to argue the point, but please, stop embarrassing yourself. You just aren't qualified to voice an opinion on the matter if your exposure to the genres in question is really that limited. Watch some of the staples of the field to see how shit is done and then get back to us.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Elect G-Max
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Elect G-Max » Mon May 06, 2013 7:32 pm

Are you really that unaware of the similarities? I posted a list of maybe a dozen in the other thread. Go look at it and come back when you can give me as many similarities between Ultraman and Pacific Rim, or Godzilla and Pacific Rim. I don't think the original Godzilla involved humans piloting giant robots, for starters.
"Whatever the story or the development of the characters, I made them without a plan... We only started working on the next script once the previous one was done." - Anno, 1996

"Sometimes, putting your toothbrush in its holder upside down can express your feelings towards life in general, your secret desire to commit suicide, the feelings for your long-lost mother that you never got to know, and your favorite color. But sometimes that toothbrush is simply a toothbrush." - Nuclear Lunchbox

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Mon May 06, 2013 7:44 pm

View Original PostElect G-Max wrote:Are you really that unaware of the similarities?

No, you're . . .

Oh, never mind. I feel like I'm kicking a dog here, it's not even fun anymore. Think what you like.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”