Mari is smokin'!

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Sik
Embryo

Postby Sik » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:43 am

Besides, Mari is more "asian-type" I mean, its easier/better to cosplay her, ive seen lot of beautiful girls fitting perfeclty on Mari's cosplays (unlike Asuka's or Rei's u_u).
The Beast!

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby toe mash » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:44 am

Wow, first time I've seen one of those moderator posts. Also it's ironic I get quoted considering I never ever go on THAT BOARD...

View Original PostSik wrote:Besides, Mari is more "asian-type" I mean, its easier/better to cosplay her, ive seen lot of beautiful girls fitting perfeclty on Mari's cosplays (unlike Asuka's or Rei's u_u).

Eh? "Asian-type"? With her being so curvy? You probably feel like that because she has a natural hair color, and she's more "Human-type" than anything not being anorexic and all.

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:03 am

View Original Posttoe mash wrote:Wow, first time I've seen one of those moderator posts..
Me too... it's kinda scary. Like, if Darth Vader had his own kind of post, that would be it.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:18 am

Honestly, that "moderator post" is quite blood freezing. First time I see one :uhh:

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:50 am

View Original PostSik wrote:Besides, Mari is more "asian-type" I mean, its easier/better to cosplay her, ive seen lot of beautiful girls fitting perfeclty on Mari's cosplays (unlike Asuka's or Rei's u_u).

I don't think it's that so much as that people are less likely to use crappy wigs when playing her.

View Original Posttoe mash wrote:Eh? "Asian-type"? With her being so curvy? You probably feel like that because she has a natural hair color, and she's more "Human-type" than anything not being anorexic and all.

Asuka has a natural hair color, too. People are just so stuck on the "RED RED RED!" meme that they ignore it.

(and hell, I've seen people with dyed blue hair who looked a lot better than most Rei cosplayers I've seen.)
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:07 pm

I've also never seen a moderator post before that one. I was wondering if there was something wrong.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:02 pm

Moderator posts, they're scary and alien. :bigeyes:

Also, I don't have any pictures of Mari right now, so instead here's a snippet written by Mike313 on a subject Mari-related.

SPOILER: Show
Shinji sighed as he plopped down on the couch. Asuka wanted to have a "talk" with him again. Honestly, he got more lectures from his stepsister than he did from both his Mom and Dad combined.

On the plus side, the lectures he got from Asuka tended to be a lot more amusing and a lot less guilt-inducing than those that came from his parents.

"Okay, baka," Asuka began, pacing back and forth in front of him, "I've come to the conclusion that you're so utterly hopeless with the fairer sex that you won't have a date until college unless I help you."

Shinji frowned. "That's not true," he protested.

"Yes it is, shut up," Asuka said dismissively, peeved by the interruption. "Anyway, that's why I'm going to help you find a date."

"Uh, thank you?"

"Welcome," she said. "Now, the first step in this process is obviously to pick which young woman you want to woo."

She abrutply tossed several Polaroids at him, and the photos landed in Shinji's lap. He looked at them, realizing that each was a picture of one of their female classmates.

"How did you get these?" he asked.

"I'm a genius, remember? Now be quiet and listen if you want to get laid before you're thirty," Asuka said. "Out of all the girls in our class, I think Hikari's the best for you."

"Hikari?" he repeated, blinking.

Asuka apparently thought he was good enough for her best friend. That was...actually quite a compliment, he realized.

Unless of course this was all sort of some elaborate scheme on Asuka's part to actually become sisters with the class rep, which Shinji supposed was possible...

"Yes, Hikari," Asuka said. "She's cute, she's mature, she's smart, and she's dependable. She'll make an excellent mother one day."

"What?! Asuka, I think it's too early to be thinking about that!"

"Long term planning never hurt anybody, stupid."

Yeah, right, Shinji thought. What's that saying? Man makes a plan and God laughs?

Of course, he had lived with Asuka too long to actually say that.

"Okay," he said. "What if-hypothetically speaking, of course-I don't like the class rep in that way."

Asuka sniffed. "Well, I suppose Kirishima wouldn't be a bad choice. She's nice, and smart, I guess," she said. "But you stay away from Makinami!"

"Huh? What's she got to do with anything?"

Asuka placed her hands on her hips and glared at him. "I realize that as a dumb, hormonal teenage male, you have little choice but to be overly impressed by the enormous rack on that girl," she said. "But she's fruit from the poisoned tree. Mostly because she's a complete nutjob."

"Oh, come on. She's a little out there, yes, and maybe a little too gung ho, but--"

"She. Is. Insane." Asuka ground out in a voice that brooked no arguement.

"Fine, whatever."

"And life is too damn short to waste it ogling people who are totally wrong for you just because they look good!" Asuka asserted.

Shinji laughed. "Asuka, I caught you looking at Toji's ass just last week!" he said.

"That's a horrible lie!" the redhead shrilled.

"Then why are you blushing so hard?" Shinji asked, still laughing.

She growled. "Clearly you don't want my help!" she snapped. "Fine! Just don't come crawling to me for help when you're a forty-year-old virgin! Or when Makinami gets you killed!"

"Oh, come on, Asuka, I'm not hopeless. And I'm not so shallow that I'm going to pursue a girl solely because I like her body," Shinji said.

"Hmph!" was Asuka's only reply as she stalked off.

Shinji rolled his eyes, then started looking through the photos. It looked like there was one of every single female classmate of his, save for Rei and Asuka herself, of course. There was even one of Mari, despite Asuka's obvious disapproval of their fellow pilot. It was a pretty good shot, too.

A rather lecherous grin formed on his face. Mmm, boobies.
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Warren Peace » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:21 am

Moderator posts=EGF Beast Mode

I don't get the "Mari is more asian" assessment. If anything, she's less Japanese being that she's (somehow) semi-European, right?

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:25 am

More Mari and friends.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

Travosaga
Embryo

Postby Travosaga » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:45 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:
Somebody needs to explain why Mari is hot.

Glasses, twin-tails, and thigh high stockings. She is a walking fetish. The only thing she is missing is a tsundere personality.
Know thyself.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:55 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:Somebody needs to explain why Mari is hot.

You will find all the answers you seek within the spoiler tags...

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:I don't get the "Mari is more asian" assessment. If anything, she's less Japanese being that she's (somehow) semi-European, right?

She's part-Brit, though Japanese seems to be her first language.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:56 am

Works for me.

Fireand'chutes77
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Fireand'chutes77 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:08 am

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:More Mari and friends.

What's that semi-shaded thing behind them? The mushroom cloud from a [s]nuclear blast[/s] N2 mine detonating? It would explain the bright glow... And make them hot enough to melt zirconium. ;)
Last edited by Fireand'chutes77 on Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. JSDF attack ships on fire during Operation Yashima. I watched particle beams glitter in the dark near the Geofront. All these moments will be lost in time. Like LCL in rain. Time to die." ~ ANT Pogo
Asuka: founder of

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:12 am

It kind of looks like Unit-1 with one of those cross things stuck in her back to prevent the plug from being inserted.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:24 am

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:It kind of looks like Unit-1 with one of those cross things stuck in her back to prevent the plug from being inserted.

It's to block transmissions along the central nervous system when the Eva is supposed to be in an idle state -- though, as Jurassic Park taught us, "life finds a way".

Alternatively, we could interpret it as a metaphor for the oppression of woman by the Christian patriarchy. Though now I've managed to get this image in my head of an Eva shoving the signal terminator plug in and out of her back and ranting profane heresy like that kid from The Exorcist...

Let Jesus fuck you, let Jesus fuck you. Let him fuck you.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

BrokenEva
Embryo

Postby BrokenEva » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:22 am

i thought the creators tried to give mari a more "british look", i guess not then :/
Evangelion 2.0 was AMAZING!!!

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:26 am

It's could certainly be interpreted that way Reichu. Like a giant iron contraceptive stabbed into her back against her will. Something akin to female circumcision, only for Evas.

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Postby KnightmareX13 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:24 am

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:Moderator posts=EGF Beast Mode

I don't get the "Mari is more asian" assessment. If anything, she's less Japanese being that she's (somehow) semi-European, right?

my 2.22 booklet puts her as being born in England.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby tomrule123 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:42 pm

View Original PostKnightmareX13 wrote:my 2.22 booklet puts her as being born in England.

I didn't look at this yet, but... how is this possible? No wait, maybe the mother's Japanese and the Father's English... or the opposite. Either way, something has to make sense around here...

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:44 am

View Original PostCody MacArthur Fett wrote:Moderator posts, they're scary and alien. :bigeyes:

Also, I don't have any pictures of Mari right now, so instead here's a snippet written by Mike313 on a subject Mari-related.

Shinji sighed as he plopped down on the couch. Asuka wanted to have a "talk" with him again. Honestly, he got more lectures from his stepsister than he did from both his Mom and Dad combined.

On the plus side, the lectures he got from Asuka tended to be a lot more amusing and a lot less guilt-inducing than those that came from his parents.

"Okay, baka," Asuka began, pacing back and forth in front of him, "I've come to the conclusion that you're so utterly hopeless with the fairer sex that you won't have a date until college unless I help you."

Shinji frowned. "That's not true," he protested.

"Yes it is, shut up," Asuka said dismissively, peeved by the interruption. "Anyway, that's why I'm going to help you find a date."

"Uh, thank you?"

"Welcome," she said. "Now, the first step in this process is obviously to pick which young woman you want to woo."

She abrutply tossed several Polaroids at him, and the photos landed in Shinji's lap. He looked at them, realizing that each was a picture of one of their female classmates.

"How did you get these?" he asked.

"I'm a genius, remember? Now be quiet and listen if you want to get laid before you're thirty," Asuka said. "Out of all the girls in our class, I think Hikari's the best for you."

"Hikari?" he repeated, blinking.

Asuka apparently thought he was good enough for her best friend. That was...actually quite a compliment, he realized.

Unless of course this was all sort of some elaborate scheme on Asuka's part to actually become sisters with the class rep, which Shinji supposed was possible...

"Yes, Hikari," Asuka said. "She's cute, she's mature, she's smart, and she's dependable. She'll make an excellent mother one day."

"What?! Asuka, I think it's too early to be thinking about that!"

"Long term planning never hurt anybody, stupid."

Yeah, right, Shinji thought. What's that saying? Man makes a plan and God laughs?

Of course, he had lived with Asuka too long to actually say that.

"Okay," he said. "What if-hypothetically speaking, of course-I don't like the class rep in that way."

Asuka sniffed. "Well, I suppose Kirishima wouldn't be a bad choice. She's nice, and smart, I guess," she said. "But you stay away from Makinami!"

"Huh? What's she got to do with anything?"

Asuka placed her hands on her hips and glared at him. "I realize that as a dumb, hormonal teenage male, you have little choice but to be overly impressed by the enormous rack on that girl," she said. "But she's fruit from the poisoned tree. Mostly because she's a complete nutjob."

"Oh, come on. She's a little out there, yes, and maybe a little too gung ho, but--"

"She. Is. Insane." Asuka ground out in a voice that brooked no arguement.

"Fine, whatever."

"And life is too damn short to waste it ogling people who are totally wrong for you just because they look good!" Asuka asserted.

Shinji laughed. "Asuka, I caught you looking at Toji's ass just last week!" he said.

"That's a horrible lie!" the redhead shrilled.

"Then why are you blushing so hard?" Shinji asked, still laughing.

She growled. "Clearly you don't want my help!" she snapped. "Fine! Just don't come crawling to me for help when you're a forty-year-old virgin! Or when Makinami gets you killed!"

"Oh, come on, Asuka, I'm not hopeless. And I'm not so shallow that I'm going to pursue a girl solely because I like her body," Shinji said.

"Hmph!" was Asuka's only reply as she stalked off.

Shinji rolled his eyes, then started looking through the photos. It looked like there was one of every single female classmate of his, save for Rei and Asuka herself, of course. There was even one of Mari, despite Asuka's obvious disapproval of their fellow pilot. It was a pretty good shot, too.

A rather lecherous grin formed on his face. Mmm, boobies.

Lol, epic
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”