Shin Eva - Official Social Media: 2.22 You Can (Not) Release

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Jäeger
Temp-Banned

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media: 2.22 You Can (Not) Release

Postby Jäeger » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:07 am

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:I mean, if it's a "new look" Khara was going for, then they kinda failed? The character design aesthetic is so similar that none of us picked up on any perceived differences for 8 whole years.

As for Sadamoto being involved with Evangelion up until 2014, I believe that was the same year he finished the last Evangelion manga volume. Maybe he just left the franchise after that?

This is a strange mystery to be sure...

After finishing the manga, the best thing he could do was to be far, far away from the franchise.......for the best.

14 volumes of "I don't give a fuck about the original characters, their relationships or the story".

He had the right to make that choice, yeah, but it was the wrong choice.
Do american "cool" people know that in Europe only alcoholics and homeless drink wine without food by their side???

Mr. M
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Mr. M » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:06 am

IIRC, Sadamoto claimed in an interview that he wasn't involved in 3.0, but in another said that the Character Design in Q was his.
Courious
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby JoelcrNeto » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:12 am

Happy New Year (謹賀新年, kinga shin'nen)!

Tweet translation (I did the translation hurry, so it should be inaccurate in some points):
SPOILER: Show
Thank you very much for your hospitality during the last year.
We’re very pleased to finally deliver “EVANGELION:3.0+1.0 THRICE UPON A TIME” to everyone on January 23th, in this year. We pray for your health and happiness.

January 1st, 2021
khara Company, Ltd.

Also, 22 days left to premiere.

Extracted from app EVA-EXTRA:
『謹賀新年』  SPOILER: Show

[Fixed a small mistake of dates representation in English made by me - 01/01/2021]
Last edited by JoelcrNeto on Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:31 am

View Original PostJoelcrNeto wrote:Also, 22 days left to premiere.

Just reading that makes me tingle all over!

:anno_happy:

ShinjiStranglesAsuka
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby ShinjiStranglesAsuka » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:33 am

"Soon" :mari_nya:

Barring a strain of Super-Covid.

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:38 am

View Original PostShinjiStranglesAsuka wrote:Barring a strain of Super-Covid.

Please PLEASE don't jinks it
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:49 am

Not gonna lie, the movie being delayed now would kinda suck.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby hui43210 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:51 am

View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:
View Original PostShinjiStranglesAsuka#904651 wrote:Barring a strain of Super-Covid.

Please PLEASE don't jinks it

Covid is reaching record numbers in Japan... But they don't seem interested in doing anything other than wait for the vaccine right now, so we'll see.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby JoelcrNeto » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:06 am

Dudes, you're pretty negatives. Good vibes, please :lol:
By the way, I edited my previous post.
Last edited by JoelcrNeto on Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:13 am

NICE!

kboyrulez12345
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby kboyrulez12345 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:49 am

"Finally pleased to release Shin Eva to everyone huh..."

Worldwide release pls and thank you? :sniffle:

Please do not double post unless it's either a) something you consider necessary or b) a substantial amount of time has passed from your previous post.
-Zusuchan
Just a guy who likes Anime. Could be turning into an Otaku...

writer
Adam

Postby writer » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:06 pm

I have a feeling Thrice will be released on Prime Video worldwide, as the rest of Rebuild is being added in the next few weeks. As many movies will do, they'll likely sell a 1-3 day "pass" that will allow viewing from a single device per account. Not quite as profitable as a theater would be, but there are always BluRay sales, re-releases, and potential future opportunities, not to mention contracts for streaming rights, likely also going along with the other Rebuilds on Prime.
Shinji did nothing wrong!

kboyrulez12345
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby kboyrulez12345 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:20 pm

View Original Postwriter wrote:I have a feeling Thrice will be released on Prime Video worldwide, as the rest of Rebuild is being added in the next few weeks. As many movies will do, they'll likely sell a 1-3 day "pass" that will allow viewing from a single device per account. Not quite as profitable as a theater would be, but there are always BluRay sales, re-releases, and potential future opportunities, not to mention contracts for streaming rights, likely also going along with the other Rebuilds on Prime.

Perhaps I'm being too optimistic, but the fact they said everyone has me hoping they found a way for this film to be released word wide; whether it be a limited screening or streaming.

That being said, I highly doubt they'll release this movie via streaming if their planning a world wide release. Has there ever been a time when a Japanese film company released their new movies via streaming due to Covid?

Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:23 pm

I guess it’s just a general term and they don’t mean it’ll be released to everyone on jan 23rd surely not???

There’s been no like announcement for anyone other than Japan?

kboyrulez12345
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby kboyrulez12345 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:25 pm

View Original PostThesufferingpumpkin wrote:I guess it’s just a general term and they don’t mean it’ll be released to everyone on jan 23rd surely not???

There’s been no like announcement for anyone other than Japan?

Well, there was a previous tweet by Khara informing one of the users here in Eva geeks that they'll try to release it outside of Japan I think? I may be misremembering.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby JoelcrNeto » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:40 pm

Well, the word『皆様』(minasama) has only one meaning “everyone”, so I translated like this. The Japanese language is a contextual language, so interpret “everyone” as the Japanese people, because the tweet says the debut date in Japan.

Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:53 pm

Such a shame,

Only because any other production fine I get it, but khara are so aware of the international anticipation for this film after 8 long mostly quiet years on shin evangelion.

On top the delay, also the covid delay.

Do you think let’s say, Japan decides to close the cinemas before release.....as khara have hyped up this as a definitive release date, do they just delay it again or go ya know what fuck it, we’ll put it out as pay per view?

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:06 pm

View Original Postwriter wrote:I have a feeling Thrice will be released on Prime Video worldwide, as the rest of Rebuild is being added in the next few weeks. As many movies will do, they'll likely sell a 1-3 day "pass" that will allow viewing from a single device per account. Not quite as profitable as a theater would be, but there are always BluRay sales, re-releases, and potential future opportunities, not to mention contracts for streaming rights, likely also going along with the other Rebuilds on Prime.

I would personally hate not being able to see Shin in theaters and I would much prefer to wait a few months for that opportunity instead of having the movie on Prime Video relatively soon.

View Original PostThesufferingpumpkin wrote:Do you think let’s say, Japan decides to close the cinemas before release.....as khara have hyped up this as a definitive release date, do they just delay it again or go ya know what fuck it, we’ll put it out as pay per view?

100% another delay coming.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby JoelcrNeto » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:14 pm

Due to the current pandemic situation, each country is dealing with the problem in different ways. khara has no way of planning a global release in 2021 with the currently world chaotic situation. Until everyone is immunized, it will take about a year.

If it's delayed, I doubt that they will release by pay per view, it has already been said by the staff that to have a good experience, we must watch it in theaters.

Edit: there's a same discussion about this in another thread right now. :facepalm:
Last edited by JoelcrNeto on Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ShinjiStranglesAsuka
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby ShinjiStranglesAsuka » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:22 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:100% another delay coming.

Entirely possible.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”