Puella Magi Madoka Magika

Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:17 am

Almost blew my coffee right onscreen when I checked the third pic... :rofl:

Tokyoites gonna be treated to one helluva cavalcade of shows, so looks like everyone's gonna have to stock up a lot of coffee, beer, soda, Jolt, junk food, melopan, and of course... Morning Rescue.

As for this axeman... He'd like to end his Madoka watching with a stick of Seven Stars and a glass of absinthe in the dim light. :)

Ideally, I'll celebrate the ending with a glass of champagne, and make a reminder to send roses to the voice actresses.
Last edited by soul.assassin on Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby toe mash » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:19 am

Man it's been a while since I was so looking forward to the last ep of a show

Lately it's been more of the "finally it's over" variety :lol:

Oddly enough I think the last time was with forever to be underrated anime B gata H kei, anime these days just aren't suspenseful enough!
symbv wrote:My schedule of watching midnight anime Thu midnight:

Wow, re-broadcasting episode 10? That says quite a lot about how popular the series is I guess. Although it really is getting aired late..

There must be some site with a count down till ep 11 gets aired, so I demand a link, NOW

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:23 am

View Original Posttoe mash wrote:Man it's been a while since I was so looking forward to the last ep of a show

Lately it's been more of the "finally it's over" variety :lol:

Oddly enough I think the last time was with forever to be underrated anime B gata H kei, anime these days just aren't suspenseful enough!

Wow, re-broadcasting episode 10? That says quite a lot about how popular the series is I guess. Although it really is getting aired late..

There must be some site with a count down till ep 11 gets aired, so I demand a link, NOW

This shall be your PMMM Bible: http://wiki.puella-magi.net/

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby toe mash » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:58 am

derp, of course it'd be there. Thanks :)

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:24 am

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:Really? Ika Musume was aired at midnight?

I just checked my viewing note and found that I watched (or recorded) Ika Musume at 2am Tuesday every week. So here you go.... Ika-Musume is serialized in Shounen Champion but as I said if it is not hugely popular manga like One Piece or Gintama, even shounen anime would have to go to midnight time slot.... Sad, but true...

toe mash wrote:Oddly enough I think the last time was with forever to be underrated anime B gata H kei, anime these days just aren't suspenseful enough!

By the way, just to let you know the manga of B gata H kei finally ended and the last tankoubon came out 2 weeks ago. Very nice wrap-up of the characters and particularly the relationship of Yamada and Kosuda!

More amazing craftsmanship shown by PMMM fans. This is the first time I've ever seen so items of such diversity (not just doujin manga or illustrations or ita-car or iphone case) made for one anime....

QB necklace

SPOILER: Show

Kyouko sticker label

Kyouko Kit-Kat

Mami origami

OMAKE - cute Kyouko

OMAKE 2 - Bakemonogatari crossover (Sayaka)
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby toe mash » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:12 am

symbv wrote:By the way, just to let you know the manga of B gata H kei finally ended and the last tankoubon came out 2 weeks ago. Very nice wrap-up of the characters and particularly the relationship of Yamada and Kosuda!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAT :jawdrop: :derp: :jawdrop: :derp: :scared: :gasp:

Now I HAVE to read the manga.. I was sure it'd be going on forever! Jeez, I hope I can find it all in English sooner or later. How many volumes are there anyway?

symbv wrote: Mami origami

How in the hell did they....?

Very impressive

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:38 am

View Original Posttoe mash wrote:Now I HAVE to read the manga.. I was sure it'd be going on forever! Jeez, I hope I can find it all in English sooner or later. How many volumes are there anyway?

It has been 7 years and 9 volumes for B gata H kei manga.... This is how the 9th/final volume looks.

On topic, some more doujin manga. All yuri (I love yuri)

Homu x Mado

M - Ho...Homura..chan..
H - Being alone is lonely....
I will stay by your side...
M - Could I... ask you...to leave...?
H - Homu!?

Sayaka x Kyouko

S - Oh yes, Kyouko, tell you your cellphone number and address.
K - Eh? No, don't have such thing...

S - Ha? You should at least have a cellphone!
K - If you need to talk to me, you can just come and see me.

S - But...at day time I am at school... (whisper: I can't see you)
K - ......

K - If..if that's the case, you can just use telepathy!
S - Oh yes, there is this way too!
S - But I don't think I am yet used to using that..
Well....(hmmmmmmm)
S (thinking): Ah...Kyouko...so cute....a bit cheeky..but so cute...and then the fanged tooth..oh so cute..love love...
K (!?)

K - .....
S (thinking): Love me do ~~~~ \(*'3`*)/ :heart: :heart:
S - ....?

K - Err....It is leaking...
S - NOOOOOOO....!!!!
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:48 pm

@symbv: This, man, is up to your avenue of interest:
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/871 ... r-cosplay-

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:17 pm

^
I came.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:08 pm

NO KIDDING.......!!!!!
FULL PAGE AD in the biggest newspaper Yomiuri for PMMM final tonight!!!

:w00t: :w00t: :peace: :clap: :peace:

East Japan (note the station is TBS and ep.10,11,12 are to be broadcast)

West Japan (note the station is MBS and ep.11, 12 are to be broadcast)

It is like having a cartoon with a full page ad on New York Times in US or Time in UK... Estimated cost is 50 million yen to cover both west and east Japan.

:jawdrop: :gendo_kimura: :jawdrop:

Also, according to twitter from Shaft staff, the work for the final tweaks on the anime did not finish until last weekend...
Last edited by symbv on Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:12 pm

God, that was quite a daring move. :D

Yep, Yomiuri sells them for 50 mil.
http://adv.yomiuri.co.jp/m-data/english ... s/cpm.html

The last time an anime studio did just that BIG, it was back in December 10, 2002 when Gainax posted a full-page teaser ad for Eva: Renewal on Asahi Shinbun (according to Newtype USA January 2004).
Last edited by soul.assassin on Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

PMMM ending speculations

Postby symbv » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:53 pm

Here are the summary of 2chan's speculation of what Butch Gen ending means in PMMM. Not too imaginative but not crazy oddball guess either. Read it when you have time.

A ENDING
=========
As the Walpurgis Night approached, the city started to collapse.
Homura, only standing by herself, tried to keep her promise made in the past and to save the world, fought WN.
With a hopeless difference of power and strength, everything seemed to be lost, and at that moment, thinking of
the thoughts Homura had kept with her over so many loops of time, Madoka decided to make contract with QB.
--- Simply, purely, want to save, Homura, and the world.
Madoka displayed absolutely great power, fought and beat Walpurgis NIght, and then breathed her last breath.
Again Homura faced the trip back to the past to keep her promise.

B ENDING
=========
Madoka wished for the resurrection of Sayaka and others and made contract with QB.
However, the price to get such power was too great.
Even though she managed to destroy Walpurgis Night, her Soul Gem power was used up and turned black.
The innocent girl now went berserk and changed into something monstrous.
Reflected on the eys of Homura, who kept fighting only to wish for saving Madoka, was now the mutated Madoka
which was taking all the lives on this planet.

C ENDING
=========
Madoka, having known everything, made a decision just before Walpurgis Night, and made contract with QB.
However, this caused damage to Homura's mind which was irreparable and caused her to reach her limit.
A new Grief Seed was born, and Homura turned into a witch.
Homura, previously a person who only worked to protect Madoka herself, was now the worst being who attacked Madoka
and tried to take her life. The rought and sad battle between these two people, who fought together and had a promise that
transcended many time loops, ended in Madoka's victory. After seeing off and saying goodbye to Homura, Madoka faced WN by herself and
beat WN.
She then left the city, now in ruin, and promised herself to keep fighting till the end.

D ENDING
=========
With a wish made by Madoka with QB, Walpurgis Night was beaten. However, this also became a trigger for Madoka to change into a witch.
This cursing power to twist and distort the universe covered the world with hopelessness and caused it to slowly collapse.
Only the magic that bypassed time could block this distortion of space.
With all the hopes put into this speculation, Homura approached the salvation witch and gradually held up her hand.
As Homura's hand was about to touch her, Homura's mind had only the faces of Madoka whom she could not save at the end.
With time and space being mixed together, the world now started with a new history...with the price of the sacrifice of so many young girls...

E ENDING
==========
Homura and Madoka fought many QB's which were covering the whole sky. Wrapped in light they passed into another dimension.
What appeared before their eyes was a peaceful town with no dreaded witch nor contract about mahou shoujo.
This world and this city, which almost could be called a "paradise", really existed and was not any magic barrier or illusion.
At this place, the ominous voices of QB were banished. As they came to believe everything ended, Homura and Madoka
were hit by the missles from the fast approaching iron birds. It was a white shadow with red eyes which watched the two girls falling off the sky.
"Really really thank you very much"

F ENDING
=========
"Are we good? Homura-chan."
"Yeah, let's go. Together..."

Currently the most popular speculation in 2chan about the ending is
Madoka will contract with QB at the end of Ep.11 or start of Ep.12 and she would sacrifice herself to bring back a world where everyone lived on (including those who had died) but nobody remembered Madoka except for Homura, who kept believing one day she would see Madoka again.

Someone even produced a alleged "leak document" of screenplay draft to support such view. May give more details when I had time to translate more...
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Sanctus Scorpius
Embryo

Postby Sanctus Scorpius » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:48 am

I just finished rewatching Episodes 1-10, I read the 2 volumes of the manga, and even the three chapters released for the Kazumi spin-off.

My body is ready.

Honestly, I think it would be hilariously awesome if they gave us a EoTV-esque ending...

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:30 am

TONIGHT´S THE NIGHT

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:23 am

This is the kouhai (junior colleague) of Kyuubei (could be written as 9B as 9 in Japanese is Kyuu). The name is Jyuubei (could be written as 10B as 10 in Japanese is Jyuu).

From yet another spinoff manga - Puella Magi Oriko Magika

OMAKE -- more examples of excellent craftsmanship of PMMM fans

1. QB

2. Soul Gem

3. Sayaka witch
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

cramergamer
Adam

Postby cramergamer » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:13 am

I hope the new incubator is stingy about risks, losses, and collection. That way fans can nick name him.........wait for it......

Jewbei.
Representative from /a/ with a mission.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:27 am

^
I smirked.

Freitag, 22. April 2011, 00:44:47 JST:
I´m currently watching some kind of Television show on MBS where a girl who cosplays as Asuka does stuff with the Eva soundtrack in the background and eva-ish white on black title-cards.
Wtf?

http://www.mbs.jp/888/blogtabi/

Found.
Someone care to explain?
She´s rolling dice or something and getting money from some faceless guy.

Edit:
I think I get it now, she´s travelling to the north of Japan on a fixed budget or something.
Cosplaying as Asuka for some reason.
Money pleases Asuka.

Edit2:
Still watching the MBS livestream out of boredom.
YES
Gonna take a shower now, then watch Ano Hana on Fuji through KeyHoleTV

MBS STREAM

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:41 am

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:I´m currently watching some kind of Television show on MBS where a girl who cosplays as Asuka does stuff with the Eva soundtrack in the background and eva-ish white on black title-cards.
Wtf?

http://www.mbs.jp/888/blogtabi/

Found.
Someone care to explain?

Inagakisaki Sakura is a comedian / tv celebrity who is famous for imitating Asuka (not just cosplay). Check this out:

http://youtu.be/_5CsTsoJBOE

Watching Anohana with Xard now....

On topic, the full series of a QB/Homura/Madoka hentai stalk manga... now with Mami coming in...

now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:56 am

^
I've guessed what's gonna come next. :rofl:

OBTW: Good Smile Company tweeted about their Madoka Nendoroid, and I'd say... she's so outright cute:
http://twitpic.com/4nm3qg

ALL SYSTEMS GO!
Last edited by soul.assassin on Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:57 am

Are you guys watching Denpa Onna right now?

Return to “Anime and Manga”