Rebuild of Evangelion confirmed for Super Robot Wars Link

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:07 pm

THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:30 am

Lets look at the mook rundown, shall we (I haven't seen Linebarrels or Iczer so don't panic):

Large Type Vajra (Macross Frontier)
What I assume is Iczer 2
Rebuild Sachiel (Rebuild of Evangelion)
I can't really tell, but I think Type 16 (Godannar, first season)
Balba (Steel God Jeeg)
Destroy Gundam (SEED Destiny)
Rebuild Shamshel (he was already confirmed)
GINN (SEED)
Either Flying Type or Type 23, the pale coloring makes it hard to tell (Godannar, first season)
R-Daigun (yes!)
Magura (Steel God Jeeg or Neo Ranga)
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:53 pm

Looks like Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion reveals Link's Banpresto Original. Rumor has it it's a knightmare frame, I'm not 100% sure though.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Taekmkm
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Taekmkm » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:55 pm

It looks like a wingless lancealot, yeah.
We watched 'The Lion King' in my math class once. After it was over, the teacher passed out worksheets that said: "If the circle of life had a diamter of 46 inches..."

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:31 pm

The two look nothing alike aside from share yellow and white as main colors. You people are silly.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:26 am

It's actually a cross between the Lancelot, a Gran Trooper from Gravion, and Godannar to an extent. All it needs now is an Aquarion power and it's complete. :thumbsup:
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Dr. Nick
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:02 am

This game has such a nonsensical cast list that when it was first leaked, many thought it was a bad hoax. The included titles have almost nothing in common, and there's no apparent overarching theme. There's Frontier, but no other series set in deep space to keep it company. There's Iczer, but no other grimdark tentacle series. Seed and Endless Waltz are overused and stale choices, IMO. I wonder if the story's going to (again) employ some kind of cheap dimension-jumping plot device to bring the different casts together.

Rebuild's inclusion is baffling because the story is still ongoing, but this could be yet another instance of Anno being a huge fanboy and actively pushing his product for Banpresto.

Anyway, I'm going to skip this one and keep my fingers crossed for Z2.

Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:33 pm

There's Frontier, but no other series set in deep space to keep it company.
Last few eps of Voltes V have that and the last episode of Dancouga Nova as well so.... Not to mention Sahaquiel would make a good space boss fight if done right.

The villains from Gaiking, Steel God Jeeg, Mazinkaiser (movie villains anyway), and Combattler V could be useful for an alliance or something. The mimetic beasts and angels could also have something in common.

Sachiel: Hey, you from Earth?
Type 12: No.
Sachiel: Hate humans?
Type 12: Yes.
Sachiel: Lets be friends.
Type 12: 'k.

:tongueflap: But that is not what this post is about, the new anti-hero original mech has been revealed:

Looks like a cross between classic Unit 03 and Deus Nuff from Diebuster. Or maybe I'm thinking of Astranagant from SRW Alpha. Oh wait, it's also a transformer!

If anyone wants to translate you may do so, please.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Dr. Nick
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:01 am

Second PV is out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U91FX5YNfIM

Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:44 am

Looks like Unit 00, Unit 05, Ramiel, and Kushiel are all confirmed. By the look of Asuka's attacks it's a safe bet we'll eventually see Othniel and given how often they've appeared before, Unit 03 and Bardiel are all but revealed. Main question now is whether or not Sahaquiel's gonna show up.

As for the rest, save for the large Haniwa fortress from Steel God Jeeg I have yet to see anything from a previously appeared series that is new. At all. Looks like they're just recycling a bunch of mooks. Awe. :dejected:
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:23 am

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:Deus Nuff from Diebuster
Dix-Neuf. It's French for 19.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:55 am

^I've taken French in high school, I know it means 19. ;)

I think it's safe to say that Combattler V's the Baragon of old super robots.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Hoshikawa-kun
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Hoshikawa-kun » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:03 pm

Jimminy Christmas it's been leaked. By Hong Kong. Thank god for free market societies.
Pics, because it happened:
SPOILER: Show
ImageImageImageImage

Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:22 pm

Insert Xard nerdgasming here. :tongueflap:

And if anyone wants to start to see the playthrough it has started on YouTube from a guy named FlamingGnats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0K6_bvMM1o&feature=sub

Edit: Unit 01 against the mighty Sachiel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vospt-7pF-o&translated=1
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:45 pm

News from the people that finished the game say that the Rebuild plot only goes up to the 8th Angel battle (Sahaquiel).

Pretty logical considering that leaves you the 3 main Evas to use for the remainder of the game (as well as granting the combo attack). No need to deal with the whole Asuka/Eva-03 shenanigans which would remove a whole pilot (even though Mari is there swapping her in would have probably caused nerdrage) and the issue can't be resolved until the next movie which is still quite far away.

Well, I now know what I was most curious about, gonna have to wait until the holidays at the earlier to play it since I'm busy with other stuff now.

Naminator
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Naminator » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:12 am

Does this game come in English?

And how is it quality-wise?

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:40 am

View Original PostNaminator wrote:Does this game come in English?

Nope. And probably never will. Too many licensing issues involved to bring it over officially and in general the community is too disorganized to get anything done.

Only reason there are english fan translations of alpha and alpha gaiden progressing is because those games are considered completely awesome.

View Original PostNaminator wrote:And how is it quality-wise?

No clue since I haven't really played it yet. Famitsu gave it 32/40

It reuses the system from SRW K instead of SRW W while most people prefer W's.

Dr. Nick
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:38 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:It reuses the system from SRW K instead of SRW W while most people prefer W's.

It supposedly fixes the most annoying flaws of K's partner system. Still, the game isn't a particularly glorious end for the DS era, if you compare it with how the GBA era ended with J.

SPOILER: Show
Buster Machine wrote:Wasted potential, this game is still full of it especially since they were doing things like adding Kaikink I really thought they would add in things from the series that were making their return unfortunately really nothing was added besides a few attacks and animation upgrades. No International Team still really sucks, Voltes and Combattler have no plot besides the few tidbits thrown in like the fact they were warped in time. Rebuild wasn't used fully and just sort of stops before Zeruel who doesn't arrive at all. Out of all of the debuts in the game Rebuild definitely has the weakest appearance.

That said the other debuts are done very well. Iczer 1 and 3 get plenty of their own events shown in the game, Atross and Iczer 2 joining and the team attack is awesome.

Dancouga Nova also makes a nice showing and it's a series that I personally really liked it. It gets exactly what you would expect but its final attack was a nice addition.

Buster Machine wrote:The final battle [of Macross Frontier] is played out in full and the Nyan Medley is sort of in, each phase a new song plays. It actually gets a lot of themes despite starting with only Triangular. Lion, Triangular, Interstellar Flight, Aimo, Don't be late, and Northern Cross. You get every character the only thing missing is a playable Battle Frontier. Oh and Alto and Brera get their combination attack complete with flying Ranka and Sheryl losing their clothes.

Buster Machine wrote:For the returning series Gaiking and Jeeg got the plot they didn't get in K and their final battles play out a lot earlier so you get Gaiking the Great and Koutetsushin Jeeg sooner. Kaikink was a fun addition and both got some nice animation touch ups.

Godannar made me both very happy and sad. Sad for lack of international teams. Happy that the Season 2 plot was played out in it's entirety with Gou being sidelined and Shizuru piloting Dannar in the middle of the game. Ken joins automatically now and it has the best redone animation out of the series returning from K.
Endless Waltz is crazy since every Wing Boy is off doing something on their own Heero gets several nice events.

Destiny I think...might be done better than even in Z, not counting the ZEUTH vs ZEUTH battle. Shinn does some awesome things while Kira gets knocked down several pegs by the originals and the Cthuwulf. Athrun isn't a sidehopping idiot and only joins the Archangel when he gets the Infinite Justice. Cagalli isn't quite as awesome as in K in terms of plot events but at least she is still playable and still quite good. All in all much much much better than in K.

Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:36 pm

Dang, you'd think Bardiel and Zeruel would be around, but I guess not. Does Othniel still appear at least?
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:04 pm

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:Does Othniel still appear at least?

Who?

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”