Eva 2.0 offically licensed by Funimation.

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:23 pm

View Original PostLonecow12 wrote:I hardly find Mari naked being interrogated (as seen in Q preview) as being sexy fan service. She is just being humiliated.
So, she'll be stealing some of Ritsuko's role as well as Kaji's.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Dr. Webster
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Webster » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:02 pm

View Original PostLonecow12 wrote:Is giant naked Rei considered fan service in EoE. I hope not.

I kinda don't think so. She's pretty much naked through that whole movie anyway.

Holy Diver
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Holy Diver » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:40 pm

View Original PostLonecow12 wrote:I hardly find Mari naked being interrogated (as seen in Q preview) as being sexy fan service. She is just being humiliated.

Well, some might find humiliation to be sexy...
Deus Io Vult! (God wills it!)
"Get your ass in gear!" Asuka

"Catdog has an S2 engine in his stomach. He does not need to eat, and whatever he does eat is reacted with antimatter to provide endless energy." Ruthlessly stolen from anon.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:52 am

"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

EVA X
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby EVA X » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:43 am

Not a fan of having to wail till 2011 (why does everything I want have to be released in 2011?) but it's good news nonetheless. Can't wait to see it. :w00:

Sun Stealer
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sun Stealer » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:59 pm

Lonecow12 wrote:Is giant naked Rei considered fan service in EoE?

Only if you're Shintaro Ishihara or the staff of the Economist.

Guilt & Innocence
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Guilt & Innocence » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:25 pm

Back to the rating guessing, I am not so much as worried about the fanservice as I am worrying about the bardiel beat down scene
Will the darkness in their hearts be purified?
"Rawr *Chomp Chomp* RawR *Chomp* *swallow*" - Yui Ikari

"Let's analyze this, if I were to run away, where the fuck would I go?" - Shinji Ikari Gag dub

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:03 pm

View Original PostHoly Diver wrote:Well, some might find humiliation to be sexy...

ATCHOO!
<Clear>
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Sun Stealer
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sun Stealer » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:14 pm

So do we have any rough estimates on when to expect it to come out on DVD (in America)?

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Though Miyamura is a damn sight nicer than Grant.

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:16 pm

View Original PostSAWgunner wrote:The terrible things she did to the German language during her involvement in Eva could easily be considered a crime against humanity according to the French legal code.

Grant's German was a damn sight nicer than Miyamura's.

Sun Stealer wrote:So do we have any rough estimates on when to expect it to come out on DVD (in America)?

Funimation has given the rough estimate of Spring 2011 for the DVD/Blu-ray release. I'm guessing the theatrical run will take place around November.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:24 pm

As a reminder, dub talk goes in THIS THREAD.

It's been made into a Sticky to make it easier to find.

Thanks.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

berto
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby berto » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:05 pm

What I'd like to know is if the release is going to be 2.0 or 2.22. It alreasy makes it hard to shop in the US for 1.11 when 1.01 is confused by retailres as the other one.

One thing though, I would like to see the alternate scenes as a special feature ether included as an alternate angle on the DVD or on the special features. It ain't much of a big deal but it still something I want.
Not who you think I am.

Nonoriri
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Nonoriri » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:10 pm

View Original Postberto wrote:What I'd like to know is if the release is going to be 2.0 or 2.22. It alreasy makes it hard to shop in the US for 1.11 when 1.01 is confused by retailres as the other one.

One thing though, I would like to see the alternate scenes as a special feature ether included as an alternate angle on the DVD or on the special features. It ain't much of a big deal but it still something I want.

It's 2.22

Update: Funimation confirmed with ANN that it licensed the updated 2.22 version of the Evangelion film — the only version that was released on DVD and Blu-ray Disc in Japan. Funimation is planning DVD, Blu-ray, and theatrical releases, although details of the theatrical release are to be announced later. Funimation also has a theatrical release planned for Summer Wars this year, followed by DVD and Blu-ray releases next year. Similarly, the Hetalia film will ship on DVD next year.

berto
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby berto » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:51 pm

That's right... There is no 2.02, or even 2.0 DVD/BD release. They forwent all of that this time around. Thanks.

Oh, also, who else here isn't really pleased with Funimation's 1.11 covers and DVD/BD menus? The Japanese ones were so much more... fitting, I guess would be the word... (Actually I should just say DVD, I haven't seen the BD menu I'm just assuming it's the same)
Not who you think I am.

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:52 am

View Original Postberto wrote:That's right... There is no 2.02, or even 2.0 DVD/BD release. They forwent all of that this time around. Thanks.

Oh, also, who else here isn't really pleased with Funimation's 1.11 covers and DVD/BD menus? The Japanese ones were so much more... fitting, I guess would be the word... (Actually I should just say DVD, I haven't seen the BD menu I'm just assuming it's the same)

I like the cover and DVD menus.I think they're cool.

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby tomrule123 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:59 pm

View Original Postberto wrote:Oh, also, who else here isn't really pleased with Funimation's 1.11 covers and DVD/BD menus? The Japanese ones were so much more... fitting, I guess would be the word... (Actually I should just say DVD, I haven't seen the BD menu I'm just assuming it's the same)

Well, the cover on 1.01 is better than 1.11 in my opinion... and as for the menus on the BD, it's entirely different than the 1.11 DVD (I own both formats). The menus have clips of the film running with a purple bar with the option menus on it. I also had seen pictures of the 1.11 Japanese blu-ray, and the options bar at the bottom of the screen in Funimation BD follow the format and style (except for the colors and the BD-java activity (which Funi BD did not use)) of the Japanese BD. Also, the chapter names on the BD are the same as the Japanese BD. (meaning that they use the music cue titles instead of the name of the specific scene.)

Sun Stealer
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sun Stealer » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:02 am

I liked the covers of 1.01 and 1.11; they were classy. I hope they don't do anything like have a picture of a scantily clad Rei or Asuka on the cover of 2.22 or future releases.

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby tomrule123 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:11 am

Actually, I'd rather see the Beast form of EVA 02 (or what Mari did to EVA 02) on the cover of 2.22. That would make my day if they used it.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:03 pm

View Original Posttomrule123 wrote:Actually, I'd rather see the Beast form of EVA 02 (or what Mari did to EVA 02) on the cover of 2.22. That would make my day if they used it.

Of course that would be a huge spoiler too. LOL. I wouldnt mind them just putting three photoshopped art images of Unit 00, 01 and 02 together on the cover. Or maybe the berserk Unit 01 going into god mode....but then again that would probably count as another spoiler no?

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:17 pm

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:Of course that would be a huge spoiler too. LOL. I wouldnt mind them just putting three photoshopped art images of Unit 00, 01 and 02 together on the cover. Or maybe the berserk Unit 01 going into god mode....but then again that would probably count as another spoiler no?

In all likely hood it will be a scene with unit 02 from the battle with the clock angel, or unit 01 running to catch Sahaquiel; probably the latter rather than the former. I doubt they will have a scene from either the battle against Bardiel (might give away who the pilot is), or the battle with Zeruel (considering that it is the climax of the movie, reveals the beast mode, the near third impact, and the Rei/zeruel thing.)
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”