Eva 2.0 offically licensed by Funimation.

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
shinji_ryoji_89
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby shinji_ryoji_89 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:02 am

I already saw You Can (Not) Advance, but I would LOVE to watch it on a big screen with a bunch of other fans. I hope that Funimation brings it close or that at least, the local otaku clubs can organize a screening just like they did with You are (Not) alone last year.

TyrannicalGOD
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby TyrannicalGOD » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:07 am

OMG this is "AWESOME" News....iv been watching 2.22 Blu-ray rip all day wishing that it had a decent English dub or subtitles..my damn tv doesnt pick up the subtitles while using a MKV file...and my computer is toooo crappy to play the movie...Pentium 4 1.6Ghz..:P...Im Going to Lose Sleep Tonight..:)
Peace Through Tyranny, Lesser Creatures Are The Playthings Of My Will!

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:30 am

View Original PostArdorius wrote:I wonder if they're planning on releasing 2.0 and 2.22, like they did for 1.0. I'd buy both :P
ANN wrote:Update: Funimation confirmed with ANN that it licensed the updated 2.22 version of the Evangelion film — the only version that was released on DVD and Blu-ray Disc in Japan. Funimation is planning DVD, Blu-ray, and theatrical releases, although details of the theatrical release are to be announced later.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Wadels
Embryo

Excited!

•      
  •      

Postby Wadels » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:42 am

Madman have confirmed (via Facebook) that all the films at the ReelAnime festival will be in Japanese with English subs. No Dubs.
http://www.facebook.com/madmanent

And now I can not wait till the DVD/BluRay release of 2.22 from Funimation.
I'm looking forward to see who Funimation will choose to voice Asuka, Kaji and Mari.

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby insomniac » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:20 am

Good news, because if the theatrical screening were to be in dub, I no longer plan to see it.

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:04 pm

Great news since it's about time that they got the rights to it :w00:. I hope they are not lazy like last time where they dub 1.0 back in 08, and did not release it like a year later.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:36 pm

Never doubted Funimation would pick this up for a minute. So much for that other Eva websites lengthy diatribes about how ADV's new division would pick up the film and kickstart their failing enterprise.

Hopefully we'll get a release date relatively soon. I see either one of two scenarios. With there being only 2.22 and thus freeing us from multiple releases of the film, I see the film hitting BluRay either in March 2011 (one year after the release of 1.11 on US shelves) OR November/December.

Let's keep our fingers crossed for earlier.

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:53 pm

I'm betting it's March since we're getting the good version right off the bat and that was when 1.11 was released.

Nonoriri
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Nonoriri » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:24 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Never doubted Funimation would pick this up for a minute. So much for that other Eva websites lengthy diatribes about how ADV's new division would pick up the film and kickstart their failing enterprise.

Hopefully we'll get a release date relatively soon. I see either one of two scenarios. With there being only 2.22 and thus freeing us from multiple releases of the film, I see the film hitting BluRay either in March 2011 (one year after the release of 1.11 on US shelves) OR November/December.

Let's keep our fingers crossed for earlier.

They confirmed it would release in 2011.

FUNimation Entertainment will release the film on DVD and Blu-ray in 2011.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2010-07-30/funimation-entertainment-acquires-evangelion/2.0-you-can-not-advance-from-ntv
Last edited by Nonoriri on Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

This is the day everyone will remember as... wait, I forgot.

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:26 pm

FINALLY! Now I can stop worrying about it and start bitching impatiently about release dates.

View Original PostEva 04 wrote:I'm betting it's March since we're getting the good version right off the bat and that was when 1.11 was released.

That's what I'd assume, although I hope it's released sooner. We might get lucky and have it released in November since there's no 2.0 version to release first, but I'm not holding my breath.

EDIT:
View Original PostNonoriri wrote:They confirmed it would release in 2011.

Oh. Well, at least we have that much. I'd say this definately means March, though. The theatrical release will probably be around the end of this year. Hopefully they'll be playing it within driving distance of me.
Last edited by Killer Bee on Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:08 pm

I hope the dub is decent since I thought they did a good job on dubbing the first movie. Looks like we have to wait another year though.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:34 am

I should've put November/December 2011 cause that's what I meant.

firegirl26
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby firegirl26 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:43 am

View Original Postpremium_peoples wrote:I just really hope they use/get Tiffany Grant to do Asuka again. I was a little disturbed to here how they interpreted Gendos voice. But then again this is a Rebuild.

........I still want Tiffany Grant!
:asuka_thumbsup: me too
"GOD'S IN HIS HEAVEN.....ALL'S RIGHT WITH THE WORLD." NERV

JupiterCallisto
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby JupiterCallisto » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:41 pm

Saw it coming, still nice though. I REALLY hope they have another theater run so I can see it in theaters like a did with 1.0.

Really, really awesome

Holy Diver
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Holy Diver » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:54 pm

Eh. Wake me up when they announce Mari's VA or when the 2.22 dub comes out.
Deus Io Vult! (God wills it!)
"Get your ass in gear!" Asuka

"Catdog has an S2 engine in his stomach. He does not need to eat, and whatever he does eat is reacted with antimatter to provide endless energy." Ruthlessly stolen from anon.

Amras Felagund
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Amras Felagund » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:48 pm

I am glad that FUNimation is doing 2.22, but still, I had an interesting thought recently:

How are they gonna do the "Preview" part, if Evangelion 3.0's title hasn't even been announced?

Like, how at the end of You are (not) alone., Misato said, "Next time: Evangelion: 2.0 You can (not) advance."

Hopefully, Khara will announce something about 3.0's title before then.
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:57 pm

View Original PostAmras Felagund wrote:I am glad that FUNimation is doing 2.22, but still, I had an interesting thought recently:

How are they gonna do the "Preview" part, if Evangelion 3.0's title hasn't even been announced?

Like, how at the end of You are (not) alone., Misato said, "Next time: Evangelion: 2.0 You can (not) advance."

Hopefully, Khara will announce something about 3.0's title before then.

They will. The movie should be released next year if we go by the two year pattern thing so we should have a name before it comes out.

Grimmjow
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Grimmjow » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:29 pm

This is indeed awesome news.

NeverKnowsBest
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby NeverKnowsBest » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:06 am

My heart actually skipped a beat the second I read Monkey's blog about Funimation getting 2.0 licensed and getting a theatrical release. I am so excited!
Life is not so much random chocolates,
as it is a can of sour soda that we open up, and guzzle down.
We know it is sour, but we will drink it anyway.

carla
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby carla » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:05 pm

YESSSSS. :thumbsup: i don't care about the dub either way, i just want to be able to own the DVD without waiting years for it to get here or paying hundreds of dollars in shipping. yaaaaay. :kawaii: (and i hope the DVD case is something like it was for 1.11. i just got my DVD in the mail last week and i haven't even watched it yet, all i do is stare at the case... it's so pretty...)

i really wish it could get a theatrical release here. it's not gonna happen, though. :ehh: *pouts*
bittersweet ending: episode 24. the angels are gone and mankind is safe... but tokyo-3 has been ruined; Kaji is dead; toji is a cripple; kensuke, hikari, and their families have moved away, taking pen-pen with them; Asuka is catatonic; ritsuko is in prison; Misato is a nervous wreck; Rei is "the third one"; and Shinji is utterly broken psychologically after having to kill the only person who has offered him unconditional love in the course of the whole series. come the movie? don't worry! it gets worse! ~from the source of all wisdom in the world.

kNET | GAW | my graphics | my fanfics | re-deconstruct: the EVA rebuild fanlisting

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”