Evangelion 2.22, BD/DVD

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby EvaCub » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:53 am

Ill make scans of my copies too!

I'm hopng or anything character related, or SEELE specificlly on my film strip
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

Lui
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Lui » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:07 pm

View Original PostEvaCub wrote:I'm hopng or anything character related, or SEELE specificlly on my film strip

Me too. I'm hoping this time I will encounter an Angel or an Eva, though one can't be too picky - it's all luck I guess.

Mine from last time (scanner is a little dusty):
SPOILER: Show
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 1000 character limit. Images, quotes, and code tags are not allowed in Signatures.

Platformnik
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Platformnik » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:25 pm

I haven't imported any Japanese releases of Evangelion yet, so this will probably be my first one. Does any one know if this (or if previous Japanese DVD releases of anything else Eva) has commentaries or other extras that feature Hideaki Anno, others from GAINAX, or the voice actors in it? I'll get it to get it early anyway, but I'm just curious

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:05 pm

View Original PostPlatformnik wrote:Does any one know if this (or if previous Japanese DVD releases of anything else Eva) has commentaries or other extras that feature Hideaki Anno, others from GAINAX, or the voice actors in it?
The closest we ever got to any of that was the Genesis 0:0 bonus disc, which had interviews with some relevant people including Hideaki Anno. The only place you'll find this translated is on BrikHaus' "Instrumental Extras" DVD.

None of the cast or crew has ever done a commentary.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Platformnik
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Platformnik » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:26 pm

View Original PostNAveryW wrote:The closest we ever got to any of that was the Genesis 0:0 bonus disc, which had interviews with some relevant people including Hideaki Anno. The only place you'll find this translated is on BrikHaus' "Instrumental Extras" DVD.

None of the cast or crew has ever done a commentary.

Ah thanks, good to know they did something. It would've been cool if they did do commentaries on them though, it'd be a good reason to buy the Japanese DVD's while already having the English ones. Maybe commentaries aren't as commonly done in Japan though.

Lui
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Lui » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:19 am

Well at least we know what it will look like now. Seems like a 'film of a frame' really is a filmstrip.

Image from CDjapan.

I wonder what colour the box for 3.333333334 will be.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 1000 character limit. Images, quotes, and code tags are not allowed in Signatures.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:38 am

Damn, that's awesome. Too bad I don't have the money to burn to preorder... And I'm waiting for a 4-film boxset.

Anyway, 1.0 had a red color scheme, 2.0 has orange... I'm not really sure what 3.0 or Final will have for their color motifs.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:48 am

View Original PostLui wrote:Well at least we know what it will look like now. Seems like a 'film of a frame' really is a filmstrip.

Image from CDjapan.

I wonder what colour the box for 3.333333334 will be.
. Thanks for posting that image. I personally can't wait for this to come in the mail. Must have SOON!!!!

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:00 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Anyway, 1.0 had a red color scheme, 2.0 has orange... I'm not really sure what 3.0 or Final will have for their color motifs.
Rainbows are all over the place in Weva. 3.0 will almost certainly be yellow and, if 4.0 is separate, it will probably be green.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

flapjack
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby flapjack » Mon May 03, 2010 12:11 pm

24 days from release, shouldn't there already be a leek?

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Mon May 03, 2010 12:18 pm

View Original Postflapjack wrote:24 days from release, shouldn't there already be a leek?

Gah....if there was one i'd download that right away! The wait for my import copy of the blu ray to be shipped out on May 26th and hopefully arriving at my doorstep sometime in June is quite frankly......unbearable! :ehh:

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon May 03, 2010 1:43 pm

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:The wait for my import copy of the blu ray to be shipped out on May 26th and hopefully arriving at my doorstep sometime in June is quite frankly......unbearable! :ehh:

I wish I could understand Japanese that well... :dejected:

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue May 04, 2010 10:29 am

That picture of the 2.22 case and it's contents makes me squee with joy.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Tue May 04, 2010 7:20 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:I wish I could understand Japanese that well... :dejected:

Heh....its not like i actually know Japanese fluently, just a few phrases here and there. However, with the handy Eva 2.0 english translations that have been posted here at Evageeks its really not too hard to understand whats happening at any given point in the movie.

Being the Evageek i am, i've pretty much semi-memorized the dialogue for each and every given scene. LOL. :toothy:

qu4d
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby qu4d » Sun May 09, 2010 1:47 pm

german dvd and blu-ray... not definitly the final cover, but probably. will be released july 16th

i also preordered the Japanese dvd of 2.22... will there be an *.srt subtitle file? i know there´s a translation thread... just asking. same thing with 1.11 which i just have in Japanese. are there any subtitles?

cambaprecoz
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby cambaprecoz » Sun May 09, 2010 2:14 pm

View Original Postqu4d wrote:Image

german dvd and blu-ray... not definitly the final cover, but probably. will be released july 16th

i also preordered the Japanese dvd of 2.22... will there be an *.srt subtitle file? i know there´s a translation thread... just asking. same thing with 1.11 which i just have in Japanese. are there any subtitles?

It's not that bad but it ain't that good too, looks like the cover to a bootleg pirate copy someone clumsily pu together in photoshop under 2 hours.
The sketchy looking screaming Unit-01 in an orange background would have made a better cover picture.
This signature for rent.

qu4d
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby qu4d » Sun May 09, 2010 2:27 pm

yeah... especially in comparison with the german steelbook of 1.01

one of the producers said they didn´t have that much material given from khara or whatsover whos responsible for the stuff :/

1.11 will also be released here on blu-ray only. the cover also looks nice

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Sun May 09, 2010 4:55 pm

Shit sucks, when you live in Europe, shipping is a hugemilkass snake swallowing the pride you once had, before you succumbed yourself into the darkness of actual milking. /lolwhat.

No srsly, i have to admit the original Japanese edition looks badass, definitely worth the money. /was it like, 80.000 + copies pre-ordered already or what.
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Seph
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Seph » Mon May 10, 2010 2:08 am

View Original Postthe_seventh_child wrote:Shit sucks, when you live in Europe, shipping is a hugemilkass snake swallowing the pride you once had, before you succumbed yourself into the darkness of actual milking. /lolwhat.

No srsly, i have to admit the original Japanese edition looks badass, definitely worth the money. /was it like, 80.000 + copies pre-ordered already or what.

More like 800.000 (Probably more by now)

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Mon May 10, 2010 5:18 am

View Original PostSeph wrote:More like 800.000 (Probably more by now)

I was actually referring to amazon.jp, sorry, should have made it moar clear.
Yeah, 800.000 in general is already on the way, jesus, hugeass number. Well, no wonder i suppose. The film was really brilliant and..well, it is Eva-mainstream-merchaaaa.
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”