Evangelion 3.0 Speculation [1]

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:26 pm

View Original PostKnuckles wrote:Shinji and Rei are going to come out of the core having lived inside as a couple for 50+ years.

Rei two might not come out of unit one, though it would be cool

if she became part of unit one's core helping Shinji like a good friend should.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Ceimoa Nan
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Ceimoa Nan » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:12 pm

View Original PostKnuckles wrote:Shinji and Rei are going to come out of the core having lived inside as a couple for 50+ years. Rei is going to believe that she's dreaming and she needs to self destruct in the Eva to wake up, and suicide. Shinji is going to reconcile at the climax of the film by reaching 400% synch ratio and absorbing himself back into Evaception to tell Rei that they've lived a lifetime together; they've had their time, and that it's time to let go. cue tears.

video related: [url]www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIir5OT8sAQ[/url]

There'll be an Instrumentality within an Instrumentality within an Instrumentality.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Jayfive » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:46 am

yodawg.jpg

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby driftking18594 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:38 pm

View Original PostCeimoa Nan wrote:There'll be an Instrumentality within an Instrumentality within an Instrumentality.

Great. All we need now is Leo di Caprio voicing Papa Langley.

Brainman
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Brainman » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:20 pm

And then he'll open a door and an old guy in a chair will say "You are the eventuality of an anomaly inherent in the code, vis-a-vis, some of the things you will understand and some of them you will not. Ergo, you're next question, while the most pertinent, is also the most irrelevant."

And then Shinji punches a guy in the rain and his face ripples in 3D.
Why do they even want the Loc-Nar? All it does is melt you.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:39 pm

Just get the the speculation going again.

What a fight would be like between Asuka and Kaworu, while I would love to see Asuka win after a long fought battle the odds are always going to be against her, especially if Kaworu's protecting the Happiness he wants to give Shinji.

Kaworu plays Mama bear for Shinji. :lol:

cd603
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby cd603 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:49 pm

Actually I think the more interesting confrontation would be between Mari and Rei (as suggested by the original next time preview) I don't think NGE had any kind of significant cat fight in it, so maybe that's what these new versions need. This also counts as fan service...

Brainman
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Brainman » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:55 pm

^
Well, really by nature, Asuka wouldn't win that fight. But I don't think that should be her fight. Kawrou should be Shinji's responsibility. The only way it would be interesting to me is if Asuka killed him and Shinji hates her for it. Or vise versa I guess. But even that's kind of weird.

I'd like it more if Kawrou stays Shinji's deal. But to give Asuka something to fight, she could have sort of a mid-boss type thing to deal with, or some other threat she has to handle.

One idea I was contemplating was that Mark 06 could have Unit 07 as an underling. Unit 07 could have design elements similar to the MP Evas and still be controlled by Kawrou's dummy plug. I thought it would be a fun if from it's introduction you have in the back of your mind "man, is there going to be a rematch?" And the movie keeps teasing it without the two evas being onscreen together until late in the 4th movie. By then Asuka's almost a different character, and they finally fight. There's that moment where you're like "Oh Shit! Here we go!" But then the fight itself is very short. Unit 07 just gets ruined easily. It's like "Oh, yeah. It's just one of them." Then Unit 02 goes on to finish whatever it needs to finish before it was interrupted.

And Shinji would still have to face Kawrou in some way as the main show. But I don't know how an angel controlling a god-level eva that can fly is going to go down. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with there.
Why do they even want the Loc-Nar? All it does is melt you.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:04 pm

View Original PostBrainman wrote:^ The only way it would be interesting to me is if Asuka killed him and Shinji hates her for it.

This makes me want to see Chibi Kaworu interacting with Shinji in the past to establish a connection, then again it's probably the same relationship dynamic as in the TV series.

It would be nice to see a variation of the MP EVA's in rebuild.
however unlikely it may be.

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby driftking18594 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:29 am

View Original Postbobbyfischer's ghost wrote:Just get the the speculation going again.

What a fight would be like between Asuka and Kaworu, while I would love to see Asuka win after a long fought battle the odds are always going to be against her, especially if Kaworu's protecting the Happiness he wants to give Shinji.

I'd like to see Asuka and Mari barely scrape a victory against Kaworu in the finale, after Asuka has (re-)realised the importance of having friends.[/Warm and fluffy NME ending]

cd603
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby cd603 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:27 am

View Original Postdriftking18594 wrote:I'd like to see Asuka and Mari barely scrape a victory against Kaworu in the finale, after Asuka has (re-)realised the importance of having friends.[/Warm and fluffy NME ending]

Strangely enough, a cute/fluffy ending would probably get the same reaction as the ending to NGE. Fans would feel betrayed that the world didn't go all to hell. Plus, that would be substantial proof that Anno is a troll and will continue to be.

Side Note: Do you enjoy shipping those two?? It's never gonna be cannon....NEVER.

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby driftking18594 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:43 pm

View Original Postcd603 wrote:Strangely enough, a cute/fluffy ending would probably get the same reaction as the ending to NGE.

Maybe I shouldn't have said "fluffy".

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Warren Peace » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:40 pm

"Fluffy" like if the fourth film ended with all the characters standing around Shinji in a circle telling him how awesome he is, and he's all like "Thanks, guys"? That shit would troll us so hard.

cd603
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby cd603 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:35 am

View Original Postdriftking18594 wrote:Maybe I shouldn't have said "fluffy".

Do I sense a Gabriel Iglesias reference??

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby driftking18594 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:33 am

View Original Postcd603 wrote:Do I sense a Gabriel Iglesias reference??

I have no idea what you're talking about.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:17 am

View Original Postdriftking18594 wrote:I have no idea what you're talking about.

He means this.

Anyway I think giving rebuild a Fluffy ending would be so unsatisfying let us hope it's a darker ending.

I wonder how many people Shinji killed with his near third impact stunt?

cd603
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby cd603 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:16 am

View Original Postbobbyfischer's ghost wrote:Anyway I think giving rebuild a Fluffy ending would be so unsatisfying let us hope it's a darker ending.

While I do agree with this, you have to remember that the reason EoE was so dark is because Anno was presenting his personal experience with depression through art (the imagery reflects this). This time around, he's more stable and has a clear sense of where he wants to take this story. Not saying it can't have dark bits in it, but a "fluffy" ending isn't out of the question either.

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby driftking18594 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:25 am

I might as well clarify my definition of "fluffy": almost everyone ('cause fuck SEELE) is either happy or has the chance to be happy. A "fluffy" ending may mean different things to different people.

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:31 am

View Original Postdriftking18594 wrote: is either happy or has the chance to be happy. A "fluffy" ending may mean different things to different people.

So, by your definition of fluffy EoE is one of the most fluffy endings of all times because all of mankind has a chance to be happy. Am I right?
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby driftking18594 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:48 pm

View Original PostJustacrazyguy wrote:So, by your definition of fluffy EoE is one of the most fluffy endings of all times because all of mankind has a chance to be happy. Am I right?

OK, you have me there. EoE has kind of a cliffhanger, seeing as it's not revealed whether all of humanity will eventually return to a physical form. I wouldn't call the ending "fluffy" for many reasons. I may be referring more to EoTV rather than EoE, although if there's an "omedetou" scene in Rebuild 4.0, it would be sort of a piss-take - e.g. Misato drunkenly saying it at the end.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”