Eva 2.0 Trailer 3

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
DummyPlug
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby DummyPlug » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:48 am

0:10 looks like clockiel is a shape shifter too.
Good prog/modern metal at:
http://acrypticcreature.blogspot.com

Adam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Adam » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:09 am

Combs wrote:I can't download this. :hurr: Any other sources/ help i could get?

Dito! Java Script error or something. SOMEONE HELP PLS!!!!!
:derp:

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:26 am

Adam wrote:Dito! Java Script error or something. SOMEONE HELP PLS!!!!!

Bummer, dude! Well, here is a YouTube version, for the sake of simplicity.

Gendo'sPapa wrote:Asuka appears like she's just gonna be bugfuck nuts in Rebuild. I'd be up for an unexpected classic character's death.

Anything is possible, and with Kaworu (although he will probably only get substantial screentime by 3.0) and Mari around, things can get to crowded. Who knows. If nothing else, though, those dual prog-knives on Unit-02 are just too cool to be taken out of Rebuild so quickly. Besides, "bugfuck nuts" Asuka might also mean more badass Asuka (then again, is there room in Evangelion for a classic badass pilot? Yui doesn't count).

A few observations on the trailer:

0:12- Bardiel not only looks to be shot at, he/she/it also seems to be taking a hit. Projectile weapons accomplishing something against a "big name" Angel? Impossible! Also, maybe it's just because of low quality and strange lighting, Bardy also appears to be holding up something. A defeated Eva, perhaps?

0:12-0:13- Gendo fondling Eva-01. It would be quite the moment if Shinji walked in on the old man while he dubs the Eva "Yui".

0:16- This seems to be a rather interesting environment shot. What the hell is this, some sort of jungle ruins?

0:21- Not only is Mari a cute one, she also has some broad shoulders. Maybe just her clothing/the angle... or she is a DDR athlete from the past? On a more serious note, i'm starting to think she is a few years above the age bracket of the other pilots.

0:26- Rei already seems to be doing the "Why am i still alive?" monologue. Just how fast is this movie gonna be, anyway?

0:29- Someone in clothing that has some white parts in it is using a handheld device. Ritsuko destroying the Rei clones? Again, how much stuff is going to be shoehorned into this movie?

Oh yeah, ReixShinji galore. There is nothing subtle about the scene where they smile. They are openly smiling at each other. Oh, WAFF!

EDIT:
It's interesting to note that the Rei and Shinji smiling at each other sequence is followed by Asuka shooting the death glare. Oi vey. (Though it is hard to tell whether it's really is a death glare or a "My pride is ruined, my life is in shambles, leave me alone i wanna die" glare.)

Last edited by SaltyJoe on Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

arahij
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby arahij » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:44 am

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:52 am

SaltyJoe wrote:Oh yeah, ReixShinji galore. There is nothing subtle about the scene where they smile. They are openly smiling at each other. Oh, WAFF!
You know, there's no telling these two cuts will actually follow each other in the actual movie. Also, you make out Rei smiling in that blurry mess?

They may want to hint at such theme (especially with the following Asuka shot - similar to prior discussions here about possible connections of the Aquarium scenes), they may just want to mess with shippers (of either side). Movies have a tendency to come off completely different from the impression trailers give, so it's too early to tell.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:54 am

Lots of recycled cuts, really short, no title at the front or end announcing the music used, and the shot from the cover of Eva Extra 3 is missing... Is this really the actual trailer, or some kind of before-the-fact promo spot?

Better be the latter. I'd hate to be wrong about the Zeruel thing. :tongue:

@SaltyJoe: Somehow, I don't think Gendo's touching Eva-01... Also, slow down with the Ritsuko remote stuff, cowboy. It's just somebody clutching an object.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:15 am

@JimmyWolk:
Well, i think it is pretty safe to assume that those shots are part of the same sequence:

-Shinji is standing in the classroom, smiling and looking downwards with a sincere, dare i say, romantic expression on his face
-Rei is sitting hunched at her desk (thus she is in a lower relative position compared to Shinji), smiling (better quality images have been posted since my post, and i think i can see a smile even more clearly) towards the inside of the classroom (where Shinji would be standing, if he was looking down at her)

So unless Rei is smiling at someone else inside the classroom (which is unlikely), the most likely conclusion is that they are smiling at each other.

I only meant "ReixShinji galore" to this trailer, though. True, we have to really see the movie to be able to say anything conclusive. I'm just trying to make out what is being hinted at, and heavy R/S shipping is one of those things. (I'm neutral towards R/S myself, by the way.)

EDIT:
Reichu wrote:@SaltyJoe: Somehow, I don't think Gendo's touching Eva-01...

Well, if i'm not colorblind, he is running his hand on a purple surface with "something-ion System" written on it in bright, neon green letters. So it's either Eva-01, or something that is meant for Eva-01, most likely. A dummy plug, perhaps? Also, what else would Gendo touch in such a tender way?

Also, slow down with the Ritsuko remote stuff, cowboy. It's just somebody clutching an object.

Sorry, can't help it, i'm giddy like a kid in a candy store.

EDIT, the Second:
I'm not colorblind. I'm dyslexic. It's "something-m System" that Gendo is caressing.

Last edited by SaltyJoe on Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:28 am

Still don't see Rei smiling, more like a normal Rei-neutral (if not slightly annoyed) "someone's standing there" look. For all we know it could be from a revamped Asuka introduction scene.
Reichu wrote:@SaltyJoe: Somehow, I don't think Gendo's touching Eva-01... Also, slow down with the Ritsuko remote stuff, cowboy. It's just somebody clutching an object.
Looks like Misato's cross (Zeruel attack? The white "clothing" is probably the sling for her arm)

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:40 am

JimmyWolk wrote:]Looks like Misato's cross (Zeruel attack? The white "clothing" is probably the sling for her arm)

Damn, you are right. This might indicate that you are also right about the Rei smiling-or-not thing. Well, a higher quality trailer is bound to be out sometime soon, then we shall see.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:36 am

I'd say this is a promo for the promo. A trailer teaser I guess. I mean the things barely 30 seconds.

I'm really liking everything I'm seeing in this trailer. Only thing that worries me is Asuka going bugfucking nuts. Her character will have to go through some massive rewrites for her to go from the Confident "Number One" pilot to "Let Shinji Protect Us All" anger in only 90+ minutes. Her development slowly over the period of NGE was one of the best things about the show.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:48 am

Reichu wrote:Lots of recycled cuts, really short, no title at the front or end announcing the music used, and the shot from the cover of Eva Extra 3 is missing... Is this really the actual trailer, or some kind of before-the-fact promo spot?

I have the impression that something's cut out at the start and the end. That sounds like Utada's singing but it could just be something playing in the background with the guy videotaping the trailer.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Adam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Adam » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:09 pm

I love this guerilla-style hunt for small or bigger bits of info. It's truly a great time to be an Eva fan :smirk:

Yeah, let's hope this is NOT the final trailer. It would fit the scheme we have seen before though, as they hardly showed anything groundbreaking new in the trailers for 1.0 (well, not like there was much new to discover in that movie...)

Quote Misato from Eva TV Series: "You are number one!" :thumbsup:
Only the bg noise! Reminds me of bringing some earplugs the next time I go to Shibuya!

SaltyJoe wrote:0:21- Not only is Mari a cute one, she also has some broad shoulders. Maybe just her clothing/the angle... or she is a DDR athlete from the past?

Nah, we have seen enough pics of Mari to know she's a class-A cutey! The whole angle just puts things out of proportion. I like your the theory about her DDR background though :pwnd:

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:16 pm

Not sure where the hell this is at 0:13
but 0:15 looks like the setting for the Shinji/Kaji talk in the earlier trailers.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Action_Bastard
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Action_Bastard » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:57 pm

That would be a flood of blood, or red water...

It could be either:

An angel dying, thus the it would be a flood of blood;
or
The movie will tell how the flooding happened with 2I and that is blood red water acting as a tsunami over Old Tokyo and Tokyo 2.
oor
That is clocky dying and falling into the ocean and it is a torrent of red water and blood.

Who knows. :shrug:
REBUILD ≠ SERIES! GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK F***ING SKULLS!! :fistshake:
MyAnimeList

Ingraman
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Ingraman » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:16 pm

Maybe this short trailer will be the Tv spot. It's time...

BattleMonkey
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby BattleMonkey » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:35 pm

Don't really see Rei smiling even stopping in the sequence, just Rei stare as usual.

Looks like there's going to be lots of angst already, hopefully this doesn't feel way to rushed with all the angels that also are expected to appear.

Adam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Adam » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:36 pm

Ingraman wrote:Maybe this short trailer will be the Tv spot. It's time...

Yeah, we have seen enough close-up's or Rei, Shinji and Asuka, as well as too much footage of the pink sky, like *Woooo, what could this pink sky mean???*
:zzz:

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:38 pm

Adam wrote:*Woooo, what could this pink sky mean???*
We're on Mars now?
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:54 pm

Adam wrote:*Woooo, what could this pink sky mean???*

Depends if it's morning or evening. Ask a sailor. ^_^
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Axell » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:56 pm

o god, red sky at morning reference......how i hated that book....

30 seconds probably means it is the tv spot, especially since it seems to be playing in a shop's tv

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”