Shikinami Asuka Langley...?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
trueno_twentyone
Matarael
Matarael

Postby trueno_twentyone » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:23 pm

My mind would burst if Asuka would be an angel!
it's beyond my logical capacity.

I think we'll be seeing more of Asuka in the last two movies...i hope.
it would be a bit sad if we don't see her messing up with Shinji.

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:36 pm

I don't think Asuka is an Angel so don't worry but she may be infected a bit after the 03 happening.
Dr. Trans Old Fashioned Peppermint Dickables

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go there for Eva cosplay.

trueno_twentyone
Matarael
Matarael

Postby trueno_twentyone » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:41 pm

THANK GOD!
Evangelion without Asuka is quite dull for me.
as for the Shinji/Asuka pair up?
any comments or violent reaction.

it just hit me that Asuka is gradually showing the signs of having
feelings for Shinji.
i'm hoping for a better story when it comes to this part.

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

Postby backseatjesus » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:52 pm

I'm still hoping for some Mari+Asuka action.

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Synapsid » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:53 pm

Well I didn't exactly mean she is one of the Angels, but 2.0 seemed to emphasise an inhumanity type element with yandere/absorbed Shinji so what's not to say that the contamination wasn't setting her up for the same.

And I'd have to say It wouldn't be a bad development if they did actualy make her an angel or had her possessed by one, after all what better way to force Shinji to confront what he ran away from. And being an angel isn't necessarily a death sentence, Kaworu and Rei are still alive (well Rei's "liveness" and if she'll be recovered intact is in the air, and Kaworu might not live through RoE so perhaps not).

@backseatjesus
But how would she bloodhound sniff Asuka if they've got her in quarantine...unless if NERV is using her to sniff out for contamination?
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:15 pm

Random comment: The fan transcript claims Asuka's game system is a Wonder Swan.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Axell » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:18 pm

is that a real system? -.-

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

Postby AuraTwilight » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:39 pm

Yes, it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Swan

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:47 pm

It's nice to know kids in 2015 (do we know if that's teh Rebuild set year? i can't remember) will be playing 16 year old video game systems.

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

Postby backseatjesus » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Synapsid wrote:@backseatjesus
But how would she bloodhound sniff Asuka if they've got her in quarantine...unless if NERV is using her to sniff out for contamination?

She'll get out. You can't exactly keep Asuka locked in a room.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:03 pm

I'd love for Asuka to somehow turn into an angel in 3.0/4.0 >:}
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Synapsid » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:01 pm

backseatjesus wrote:She'll get out. You can't exactly keep Asuka locked in a room.
Ah I guess you're right; it does look like she gets out...But Asuka’s a cat, she hates dogs, especially big ones (like Touji).
Joseph the PRPD wrote:I'd love for Asuka to somehow turn into an angel in 3.0/4.0 >:}
Really, you would? Well I think it could be very interesting but at the same time since it’s a parasite like bardi she would be full of all sorts of death and decay allusions: Would you really want to see her grow fungal veins over her more infected side and eye, while becoming an antagonistic figure who might taint other lilim and EVA with some sort of fungal puss, and have her turn out as more sadistic and twisted individual than Sohryu’s haters claim she was?
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

Master Raven
Adam

Postby Master Raven » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:07 pm

I reeeally cannot help but to think of the Sigma virus from the Mega Man X games right now.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:18 pm

Synapsid wrote:Would you really want to see her grow fungal veins over her more infected side and eye, while becoming an antagonistic figure who might taint other lilim and EVA with some sort of fungal puss, and have her turn out as more sadistic and twisted individual than Sohryu’s haters claim she was?

:tentacles:

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Synapsid » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:40 pm

Joseph the PRPD wrote: *tentacles*
...Um PRPD, by any chance would you be into corruption? /d/'s corruption threads do love Shikanami because what she might be but... :tomato-duck: Oh, well I guess it could fit into the theme we saw with yandere inhuman Shinji, and if Asuka is spreading her taint it could allow for the A/S some have asked for, just not how they wanted it.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:48 pm

I'm just hoping for Asuka to possibly be corrupted by Bardiel turn Angelic and then having Shinji possibly destroying her. But there is like 1/4th chance of that happening.

trueno_twentyone
Matarael
Matarael

Postby trueno_twentyone » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:50 pm

Joseph the PRPD wrote:I'm just hoping for Asuka to possibly be corrupted by Bardiel turn Angelic and then having Shinji possibly destroying her. But there is like 1/4th chance of that happening.

GOD FORBID!
It would be too tragic if that happens.
I'll go berserk if that happens.

:eva01_roar:

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:53 pm

trueno_twentyone wrote:
Joseph the PRPD wrote:I'm just hoping for Asuka to possibly be corrupted by Bardiel turn Angelic and then having Shinji possibly destroying her. But there is like 1/4th chance of that happening.

GOD FORBID!
It would be too tragic if that happens.

In all honesty I'd love to see something on that level happen. Am I the only one who'd like/love to see that occur? Maybe.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Legendary » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:21 pm

It would be interesting, and if 3.0/Final are going to be seperate movies it would help expand the plot, especially with like, two or three *new* Angels left. Bardiel!Asuka wouldn't count towards the rankings...

Evafan
Adam

Postby Evafan » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:05 pm

I hope Asuka doesn't get any angel contamination. It really seems out of place for Evangelion if you ask me. But that hasn't stopped rebuild so far.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”