Rebuild 2.0 Trailer on Youtube

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:19 pm

It's really the fact that NGE brought people what they least expected that people are speculating so much now. It's a lot harder for people not to expect the outcome when they are already preconditioned to expect the unexpected. So, it wouldn't really be a big surprise if GG were an Angel, or if she suddenly died a gory death twelve minutes after being introduced. People might not expect her to be normal, but that would just be disappointing. What can you do with her? Does she have a relation to the group of Adams? Adams family? <_<;

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:26 pm

NAveryW wrote:Adams family? <_<;

OT-
It's spelled Addam's family- two 'd's.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Bluespade
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Bluespade » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:32 pm

I think anyone whose holding out that the Glasses Girl isnt going to be a love interest for Shinji is going to be disapointed. I think she'll be a pilot, and be around for awhile, but yeah, I dont she'll live longer than one or two movies. This idea of Rebuild being a continuation of the series really intrigues me. I cant wait to see this one (2.0).
Also, I was pleased to see that single, tiny sign of Asuka in the trailer, Eva without Asuka is no Eva at all.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:36 pm

Of course! What would Eva be without "Baka-Shinji!" and "Anta Baka?" :lol:
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:42 pm

Of course! What would Eva be without "Baka-Shinji!" and "Anta Baka?" as well as "Nigecha Dameda!"??

Fixed, and QFT. ^_^
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:51 pm

UrsusArctos wrote:It's spelled Addam's family- two 'd's.

Not in Wevangeliwon.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:28 am

UrsusArctos wrote:Of course! What would Eva be without "Baka-Shinji!" and "Anta Baka?" :lol:

Haha, that's right!

Hope we can get a better quality of the second movie trailer soon.
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:46 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:
Of course! What would Eva be without "Baka-Shinji!" and "Anta Baka?" as well as "Nigecha Dameda!"??

Fixed, and QFT. ^_^

Well, the Baka quotes are all Asuka's...and we did get Nigecha Dameda, didn't we?

EVA Does It Best
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby EVA Does It Best » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:01 pm

did anyone else notice that glasses girl is looking a shitload of those red "energy" crosses that appeared in EoE.

that's extremely important as to just how different these will be.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:14 pm

I'm still leaning towards the belief this series is ultimatly going to be about Shinji/Misato/Rei.
Film 2's got a lot of new (well...really only one KNOWN) characters to deal with. From Kaji to Asuka to Kaworu to GG. That's a lot to balance with the established cast of Film 1.
I'd like to believe so as the film series feels more natural the lead characters and focus of the film series is Shinji and Misato (as it should always be!) and Shinji's relationship with Rei, which while not expanded on in Film 1, is still the key emotional focus of the second half of the film.

If they want GG to have any purpose in the series she must have an instrumental part in Shinji's evolution (or DE-evolution depending). Any characters who don't really affect Shinji seem to get the shaft (despite them popping up a lot in the timeline no one's really said anything about Fuyutsuki or Ritsuko). So through the next films Asuka, Kaworu, GG, and Kaji have to somehow change Shinji or its just useless fan pandering.

I'd particularly love to see the relationship between Kaji and Shinji explored more (hell, Kaji's relationship with EVERYONE really. You watch the show he actually doesn't do that much with Asuka at all...which from a human perspective makes a lot of sense). In the series from Ep 17-19 he has one big scene with Shinji every episode and (to me at least) it draws some comparisons and similarities between the two. Kaji becomes a surrogate brother/father figure to him and it's always one of the few things that bothered me about the show is Shinji doesn't seem to care when he dies.

To me, Kaji is what Shinji will grow up to be once he gets over himself. And Misato is a possible future Asuka.

Anywho, I rambled. Am supposed to be editing some film for work but can't get the energy up. Basically, whenever I see these new Evas I'd like to see Kaji not get the shaft for more Kaworu (who bores me as a character).

P.S. Does anyone think Kaji is gonna die different in this series. Or at all? Or will the mystery face be revealed.
NOTE: It was Pen-Pen. Maybe then he'll serve a purpose to the show.

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:26 pm

I personally hope they let Kaji live. But The Anno can be ruthless.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:34 pm

To me, Kaji is what Shinji will grow up to be once he gets over himself

Naw Shinji will most likely end up being a nicer version of gendo.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:41 pm

Defectron wrote:Naw Shinji will most likely end up being a nicer version of gendo.

That sounds like an oxymoron.

Otaprince
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Otaprince » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:09 am

Gendo'sPapa wrote:P.S. Does anyone think Kaji is gonna die different in this series. Or at all? Or will the mystery face be revealed.
NOTE: It was Pen-Pen. Maybe then he'll serve a purpose to the show.

Some more Kaji action would be welcome, but is there enough time to squeeze him in? there's only 180 minutes (3 hours) of Rebuild left, and they still have to get through all the Angels, Third Impact, GG, more Kaworu, and a brand new ending.

One of the few actually interesting things about Sadamoto's manga is his fleshing out of Kaji, especially his childhood and brother.

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby EvaCub » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:17 am

my theory is is that anno just said 2.0 would be 90minutes but its gonna be longer

I hope i hope i hope
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:32 am

Well, 1.0 is like 98 minutes.

Bluespade
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Bluespade » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:06 pm

I'd like to see more Kaji too, but not at the expsense of Asuka. We've already gone one movie without her. As for the whole Rei and Shinji thing, eh, I just dont care. To me, Rei is just a boring character who isnt really all that important until the end. Despite his single episode appearance, I think even Kaworu is more interesting than Rei. Give us more Asuka.

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:09 pm

Honestly I wouldn't miss Asuka at all.

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:26 pm

Hark! What be this heresy?

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:31 pm

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:Honestly I wouldn't miss Asuka at all.

eeeeeeaaaanh? Ecchi Baka Hentai!

Well, if you get your wish there would be nobody to say "Anta Baka" or "Baka-Shinji". And I'd miss that.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”