Evangelion 2.0: Start Your Engines!

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:09 pm

Maiking breakthrough. Comes in many flavors. Ask in ANN, they love it.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:19 pm

@ Asuka's Plugsuit: It's because a translation of some sort is needed for the Japanese titles of each film, and those are the best ones.

But yes, the three terms come from Noh theater.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

eva unit 04
Embryo

Postby eva unit 04 » Fri May 02, 2008 3:08 pm

sedemihcrA wrote:I see no halo... :O

It is pretty hard to see,^_^; i think if you try either slowing it down or using a frame by frame function you will notice that half of the halo is visible at the very top centre of the screen^_^.
(Have just checked the trailer and it may only appear on the 1.01 edition!)
will add signature soon ^_<

Asuka's Plug Suit
Embryo

Postby Asuka's Plug Suit » Sat May 03, 2008 3:25 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:It's because a translation of some sort is needed for the Japanese titles of each film, and those are the best ones.

Enh, "best" is debatable (calling "ha" "Division" would be like calling "Star Wars Episode One," "Episode Unity." Yes, that is a definition of the word "One," but not the definition being used in this case)...but finding a good English equilavent is pretty impossible...me, I'm leaning towards "Primus," "Secundus," and Tertius," but only because it's the least lame of anything I've seen (ie, still pretty lame).
あんたバカ...?
I am (not) a geek.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat May 03, 2008 6:26 pm

@ Asuka's Plugsuit: :worship:

Seriously, that's a "duh why didn't I realize that" moment right there. Kudos to you for thinking that. :)

Asuka's Plug Suit
Embryo

Postby Asuka's Plug Suit » Sat May 03, 2008 11:00 pm

Cripes, I was expecting everyone to start jumping down my throat for even suggesting it...instead, I get crowned? Awesome! ^_^
あんたバカ...?
I am (not) a geek.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed May 07, 2008 2:00 am

I expect some news of Eva 2.0 to start at the end of the month. Most likely just the official title and either a specific or vague release date (like October 2008).

All Eva 2.0 info will probably start leaking in right after the "clean" Dvd release of Eva 1.0 hits stores. In fact, I wouldn't of held it against the madmans at Gainax + Khara to have made the only extra on the Clean DVD Release to have been a preview of 2.0. Theres been no news of it but never say never.

Either way, in about a month/ month and a half I'm pretty damn sure we'll have the first new info regarding 2.0 in almost a years time.

CtHuLhU
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby CtHuLhU » Thu May 15, 2008 7:10 am

On unconfirmed film will be called the "EVANGELION: 2.0 Don`t be" and released in the spring... 2009

Oficially it's planned on december 2008.
あやなみ ☆ すきだよ

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Thu May 15, 2008 8:20 am

What exactly is this "on official" source? "Don't be" doesn't quite seem to make nearly as much sense as a logical continuation of "You Are (Not) Alone" as it did with "At Least, Be Human".
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu May 15, 2008 8:17 pm

Well the Japanese never really make sense with their Engrish. It just sounds cool.

But personally I don't want to believe this. Otherwise those guys were REALLY OFF with their original announcement. Like insultingly off!!!! It's not even a 2008 release anymore.

I figure to wait and see. We should know soon. I figure after Eva 1.0 Clean DVD hits stores they'll give an official release date.

Unless if those bastards find something else to countdown too...

REBUILD Rei LIFE SIZE DOLL.

or my personal favorite

THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT FOR EVA 2.0 RELEASE DATE

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Thu May 15, 2008 10:49 pm

I'm confushed :stars:
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Tetsu Aero
Embryo

Postby Tetsu Aero » Fri May 16, 2008 5:32 pm

Yeah wasn't EVANGELION: 2.0 already confirmed to be called Division in its trailer?

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Fri May 16, 2008 5:35 pm

Tetsu Aero wrote:Yeah wasn't EVANGELION: 2.0 already confirmed to be called Division in its trailer?
NO!!!! GAAAHHH!
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

Postby EvaCub » Thu May 22, 2008 1:18 pm

...no news yet??
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

eva unit 04
Embryo

Postby eva unit 04 » Thu May 22, 2008 3:04 pm

This could be nothing but remember just before rebuild 1.0 came out when bandai(i think) made those soft vinyl figures of the new angel designs?Well i was just randomly searching on the internet and found two israfel ones under the same series due for release on the 29th of april.The weird thing is i checked and there have been no other lines of angel figures released recently,which makes me think if this has something to do with rebuild 2.0 or not :hyuga_hmm: .
will add signature soon ^_<

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu May 22, 2008 3:18 pm

Yeah wasn't EVANGELION: 2.0 already confirmed to be called Division in its trailer?
NO!!!! GAAAHHH!

Yes in that that's the translation of the Japanese film title: http://evageeks.org/FGP/Rebuild_of_Evangelion
(remember, even the series had one Japanese title and one English title.)

And it'll supposedly called "Don't Be" (I heart that episode so), eh? SAUCE please, oh humble Squid God!

Tetsu Aero
Embryo

Postby Tetsu Aero » Fri May 23, 2008 6:18 am

Anyhow, this new girl. If she now is the pilot for EVA-05 will she be wearing this plug suit?

If she does that in the movie, well then we practically know that the 04 plug suit is mainly yellow, while the 06 plug suit is green & white ^^

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Fri May 23, 2008 9:41 am

I suspect Kensuke's plug suit is that color merely because of his other great obsession.

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

Postby EvaCub » Fri May 23, 2008 12:13 pm

so does that mean kensuke will be piloting?
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

Tetsu Aero
Embryo

Postby Tetsu Aero » Fri May 23, 2008 12:50 pm

xD no no

Kensuke piloted EVA-04 in Battle Orchestra, but since 04 was blown up/dissapeared that ain't likely. And Kaworu pilots EVA 06. So unless Nerv tries to get kensuke to pilot it after Kaworu's demise i dunno...

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”