WTF? AAA Wunder construction date

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

Re: WTF? AAA Wunder construction date

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:32 pm

Just putting it out there, but is there any reason to discount that Rebuild takes place in the 120th Century?
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Lacissal
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Lacissal » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:40 pm

For the sake of sanity I'm going to assume Yui's -02004 grave marker was an earlier idea of what the different dating system would be, and will be changed by the only thing more powerful than the Spear of Gaius- a different home release production cut#
- though when trying to find a screenshot of the 12001 railway turntable Reichu's twitter had something from a Japanese user that speculated Yui's grave marker is a misdirect-it's not a date but a co-ordinate number in the vast grave yard (the grave yard is also a Yamato reference). Which actually makes sense- if the cemetery is largely dedicated to the deaths from Second Impact then most people would have the same year of death.

Lickitung
Embryo

Wille June, 21 11805 what is its meaning exactly?

•      
  •      

Postby Lickitung » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:18 pm

Year 11805 ??? :huh:

Raikyu
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: Wille June, 21 11805 what is its meaning exactly?

•      
  •      

Postby Raikyu » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:56 pm

Someone said in another topic, that they could be using the Holocene Calendar. That calendar basically adds 10.000 years to the Anno Domini Calendar (Christian Calendar). But, that would mean that the ship was built in 1805? A Steampunk Wunder? But jokes aside, it's kinda weird, because the Adams were only found during the Second Impact. So, this is all a mystery at the moment.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:20 pm

The thread “Wille June, 21 11805 what is its meaning exactly?” was merged into this one.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:25 pm

If Guardians of Guf were built 200+ years ago and they're called "Adams" then it must be that there were more Adams back then (Gendo said that there were six spears, but number of Adams was never specified) and they were transformed to ships.
It would still probably mean that Eva-13 and Mark.06 were the only surviving Adams left since they're the only ones called "God" or "True God" in contrast to other Eva units being "False Gods".

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Konja7 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:05 pm

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:If Guardians of Guf were built 200+ years ago and they're called "Adams" then it must be that there were more Adams back then (Gendo said that there were six spears, but number of Adams was never specified) and they were transformed to ships.

I was pretty sure that Gendo said four Adams.

Maybe I need to see that part again.

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:49 pm

View Original PostKonja7 wrote:
I was pretty sure that Gendo said four Adams.

Maybe I need to see that part again.

Gendo: "Beings who were not human left behind in this place six spears, the Adams, and the world of the Gods."
Gendo doesn't say 4 Adams in his dialogue.

There are only few possible conclusions:
1.) Guardians of Guf are made from 4 Adams 200 years ago and they're different from the 4 other Adams during the 2nd impact and two of those were lost during that event along with 4 other spears of Longinus/Cassius and only Mark.06 (who is called True God) and Eva-13 (One of the surviving Adams) were left alive.
Vessels of Adams are advanced man-made clones of Adams (NERV created Mark.09A and it's pilot from scratch) and one step above average Eva, but one step below Gods aka Adams.

Other option is 2.) Guardians of Guf are "man-made" from SEELE's ancient technology, there are only 4 Adams, Eva-13 and Mark.06 are the only surviving ones, 4 spears were lost and Vessels of Adams are advanced man-made clones of Adams.

The Dragon Mask
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby The Dragon Mask » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:29 pm

What I'm curious about in regards to Mark 6 and Unit-13 being the only surviving Adams is that Unit-01 is meant to be of equal power and stature to Unit-13. They're mirror duplicates basically, and in Rebuild of course we have no specific implication that Unit-01 is uniquely cloned from Lilith instead of Adam.

Not just that but 3+1 seems to imply the Ur-Seed of Life is actually Eva Imaginary, which can take the form of Lilith based on the desire of the one who sees it as such. Which makes it seem like the real origin of Adam(s)/Lilith. So in a sense Evangelions themselves may have a higher origin than angels, or at least equal origins (with evangelions maybe being of an equal level of divinity to angels but not descending from or being clones by them).

In any case my point is that Unit-01 apparently "awakens" in 2.0 and it seems at that time to be the lynchpin of Gendo's rebellion against Seele at that time, in contrast to their "true god" (Mark 6). Ritsuko even says it is returning to its original form, and its wings look identical to the wings of the Adams that Misato saw at 2nd Impact. In addition it even has the same two cores arranged vertically along its chest just like one of the Adams from 2nd Impact so it seems like Unit-01 must be one of the Adams.

But it seems very odd that Unit-13 and Mark 6 are supposedly different, since we know at least Unit-01 was not considered a "true god" by Seele hence them constructing Mark 6 apparently by simply retrofitting the Lilith-like Adam on the moon.

If i were to guess, it seems like the only distinction here is that maybe Unit-01 is a clone of a specific Adam (with the two vertical cores) that didn't "survive" 2nd Impact, but is reborn in Unit-01 after it ascends in 2.0. Hence why it wouldn't be considered a "true god" by Seele, yet ascends to having the same level of divinity as Unit-13.

As a side note, it seems like "Mark" is used for every Evangelion after 6 (and even retroactively with the Mark 4 series/variants) except for Unit-8 and Unit-13, and may signify a shift in the construction method, or simply imply Seele's naming schemes for Evangelions are different from Nerv/Wille's.

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:13 am

The problem I have with Eva-01 being an Adam is that it's never implied and that other Eva pilots also have to wear DSS choker, meaning that their Eva units (Yes, even Mari who is not angel or anything like Asuka is) can awaken and cause an impact.
Eva-01 having wings of light is not a good enough argument either for it being an Adam since even though Eva-13 is explicitly called one of the surviving Adams it's never shown to have generated wings of light despite being called an Adam.
Also, the connection between the Adam who had two cores and Eva-01 having two by the end of 2.0 is shaky at best because of the facts that I've presented, there are way more things going against that connection than for it.

Anno is telling the audience that if it's explicitly called an Adam, God or True God then it's one of the Adams and others are False Gods/mere clones.
Visuals mean less in this case.

Raikyu
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Raikyu » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:32 am

Even in the original continuity, Unit-01, which is Lilith-based, had wings of light.

I know that we shouldn't assume that everything is the same, but what I mean is that wings of light are not exclusive to the real Adams. This new continuity never hinted that its an Adams exclusive thing.

If I'm not mistaken, the wings only appeared after Unit-01 absorbed the angel's core. Maybe it's related to the Fruit of Life or something equivalent to the S2 organ.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”