Tv documentary to air about the last 4 years of Anno and production of shin eva

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Tv documentary to air about the last 4 years of Anno and production of shin eva

•      
  •      

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:01 am

Would be great if someone could record this and subtitle it.

Looks like it will look at the last 4 years of production of shin Eva.

SPOILER: Show

Pluto
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: Tv documentary to air about the last 4 years of Anno and production of shin eva

•      
  •      

Postby Pluto » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:28 am

Wow definitely looking forward to it. I know NHK has a live streaming site. If one were to use a VPN, they would be able to stream it live :wink:
Oh, the clock is ticking out

Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Re: Tv documentary to air about the last 4 years of Anno and production of shin eva

•      
  •      

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:38 am

View Original PostPluto wrote:Wow definitely looking forward to it. I know NHK has a live streaming site. If one were to use a VPN, they would be able to stream it live :wink:

I’ve always felt that there was a crew following Anno about over the last few years and to be honest shin eva deserves a making of documentary as it’s the final evangelion

I’m actually not very savvy with VPN’s but once again even so

It would be pointless watching it without understanding it lol

So if someone could record it I’d be very great full!

Let me know if it’s any good Pluto

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:53 am

This sounds exciting indeed.

Tajai
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Tajai » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:34 am

View Original PostThesufferingpumpkin wrote:Would be great if someone could record this and subtitle it.

Looks like it will look at the last 4 years of production of shin Eva.

Interesting. Can't wait to see it.
Although I did speculate a documentary on the rebuilds would be made when the first screening pictures showed up back in December and there was a camera crew next to Anno
God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.

Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:45 am

I loved the kingdom of dreams and madness so I am looking forward to seeing this one

It’s never been done before either in khara’s history allowing the making of evangelion to be documented so closely along with Anno

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:37 am

This is exactly what I was hoping for based on all the behind the scenes twitter posts over the past four years! It just happens to be coming a lot sooner than I expected!

NHK often subs these documentaries for their international site, I watched their Gundam documentary for example, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave this the same treatment eventually. Probably will have to rely on fansubbs in the short term however.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:48 am

^That's true. I remember last year, NHK put up their "10 years with Hayao Miyazaki" docuseries on their site for a time.

I hope it comes included with a physical release of 3.0+1.0.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:03 am

Even in those pics you can see he's enjoying his craft again.

Happy Anno is Best Anno.
"Fuyutsuki, When children are given their drivers license before being given sole responsibility for the survival of humanity, mecha anime will have crossed a dangerously illogical threshold"

Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:34 am

Can someone contact Anno cinema about this? So he can do a crowdfund to sub it so he gets a fee from it?

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:11 pm

View Original PostThesufferingpumpkin wrote:Can someone contact Anno cinema about this? So he can do a crowdfund to sub it so he gets a fee from it?

I'm sure he's already making plans as this is right up his alley.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:09 pm

Just got tweeted by annocinema he is currently trying to find a way to actually get the documentary so if anyone has the intention of recording it when it airs please let him know. Then he can set up a crowdfund link for subs

kuro hazama
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby kuro hazama » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:35 am

View Original PostThesufferingpumpkin wrote:Just got tweeted by annocinema he is currently trying to find a way to actually get the documentary so if anyone has the intention of recording it when it airs please let him know. Then he can set up a crowdfund link for subs

I will be recording It If nothing unexpected happens, Ill cross my fingers so the things goes as flawlessly as possible(not the first time something craps the broadcast or the file gets corrupted), I dont doubt there will be other people doing It, tha khara docu and the Miyazaki one where done par of the course, still doesnt hurt to cover the bases, I remember how the last ghibli film was broadcasted on new year and somehow no one recorded It(or at least couldnt find It)
the eva team

gendo team brains/pimpface
ritsuko team cyborg
Misato team berserker
aoba team undead
hyuga team psycho
ibuki psycho stalker

fuyu team badass

Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:39 am

Thank you. Can you drop Anno cinema a line and he can sort subtitles for it.

Tajai
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Tajai » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:27 pm

New teaser. Can't wait to see it

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:07 pm

If this streams on NKH World, subtitling might already be done for us....

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:42 pm

^And they stream programming on their website, so we all might be able to see it.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:34 pm

It looks like he put so much into shin eva from this teaser.

I checked the schedule it doesn’t appear to be showing on NHK world

It’s going to be NHK - General

From crunchy roll

The 75-minute Professional Work Style special will air on NHK General TV in Japan on March 22. Beyond Anno, there will be appearances by his wife, mangaka Moyoco Anno, as well as Ghibli producer Toshio Suzuki, director and Anno protégé Kazuya Tsurumaki, Shin Godzilla and Shin Ultraman collaborator Shinji Higuchi, and anime legend Hayao Miyazaki.

girlifyoudidnt
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby girlifyoudidnt » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:15 am

New promo, now with some others' appearances.

Tajai
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Tajai » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:46 am

View Original Postgirlifyoudidnt wrote:New promo, now with some others' appearances.

Including, but not limited to;

-Tsurumaki
-Moyoco Anno
-Miyazaki
-Toshio Suzuki
-Khara staff

I was kinda surprised when I saw Moyoco in the video. There's barely any recorded interviews with her.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”